Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is DigitalOcean charging for extra bandwidth?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is DigitalOcean charging for extra bandwidth?

When I had a droplet there (one year ago), they weren't even monitoring the bandwidth that I was using.

Are they doing it now?
If so, are they charging for bandwidth overage?

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Nope :)

• @jarland said:

Do they have plans to do that?

@JoaoCAM said:

@jarland said:

Do they have plans to do that?

I am not aware of any active efforts to prepare for that. Too many other great projects and improvements are priority :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • If you abuse and use too much bandwidth, they may warn you. Be reasonable.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Unlimited hosting!

Thanked by 1netomx
    edited March 2017

@muratai said:
    If you abuse and use too much bandwidth, they may warn you. Be reasonable.

Correct, but to note this is more about sustained usage than total transferred. No one should bother you at 100mbit sustained, for example. What is an acceptable max number sustained is a subject of disagreement and not clear.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @jarland said:

Can I criticize Digital Ocean?

• HxxxHxxx Member

DO is perfect @miktarq

edited March 2017

@miktarq said:

@jarland said:

(I'm obviously kidding)

• @jarland said:

@miktarq said:

@jarland said:

(I'm obviously kidding)

For future reference. :p

• cfgguycfgguy Member, Host Rep

jarland said: Correct, but to note this is more about sustained usage than total transferred. No one should bother you at 100mbit sustained, for example. What is an acceptable max number sustained is a subject of disagreement and not clear.

Is it applicable at bangalore dc as well ??? We are planning to migrate some of our clients to bangalore location.

@cfgguy said:

jarland said: Correct, but to note this is more about sustained usage than total transferred. No one should bother you at 100mbit sustained, for example. What is an acceptable max number sustained is a subject of disagreement and not clear.

Is it applicable at bangalore dc as well ??? We are planning to migrate some of our clients to bangalore location.

Yeah it's basically a matter of what our abuse team will be alerted to, decide is shady or harmful, and shut down. Frankly, if you're not out there trying to push the limits to achieve the maximum amount of TB transferred by the end of the month that you can possibly get away with, no matter what you have to do to achieve it, you're fine :)

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

India is costly so obvious do Wil not like 100 Mbps constant in India