Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Chinese super computer?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New Chinese super computer?

krokro Member

The 16,000-node Inspur-built Tianhe-2 is based on Ivy Bridge (32,000 sockets) and 48,000 Xeon Phi boards, meaning a total of 3,120,000 cores. Each of the nodes sports 2 Ivy Bridge sockets and 3 Phi boards.

o_O

http://www.hpcwire.com/hpcwire/2013-06-02/full_details_uncovered_on_chinese_top_supercomputer.html?featured=top

Comments

• How many VPS can that host?

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

Boy I can't wait to run ServerBear on this

• @Abdussamad said:
    How many VPS can that host?

You can't exactly host a VPS on Xeon Phi. They are used for stuff similar design to GPGPU workloads.

• awsonawson Member

Each of the nodes is laden with 64 GB of memory, each of the Phi elements come with 8 GB of memory for a total of 88 GB of memory per node for a total of full system memory at 1.404 petabytes.

Oh dear.

• @concerto49 said:
    You can't exactly host a VPS on Xeon Phi. They are used for stuff similar design to GPGPU workloads.

Oooh bitcoin mining then!

• emreemre Member, LIR

@concerto49 said:

bitcoin mining at it's best!

• vnetvnet Member

This is really powerful driving device~~

• I could visualize it, I could visualize a coke bottle if I am paid.

• Will it blend?

• I could visualize it, I could visualize the electric bill and the end of the month

• Sat there running Minecraft?