Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on

In this Discussion

I have a bizarre request for a simple self-hosted shopping cart
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

I have a bizarre request for a simple self-hosted shopping cart

raindog308raindog308 Moderator

I run a pen-and-paper role-playing game for my daughter (I use Microlite). She's not big on the combat so much as all the other stuff - talking with characters, exploring, solving puzzles, etc.

She has a big in-game shopping trip coming up (won a lot of loot, now is going to the Big Town to stock up). Coincidentally, I'm going to be traveling for a few days, so I thought I'd set up a shopping cart on a web site, create some "products" with clip art (entries from the equipment list and special stuff), give her some discounts and promo codes, set the currency to gold pieces, and let her shop away.

At her age, the fun of shopping outweighs the fact that they don't have web sites in the middle ages.

Anyway, looking for a super-simple shopping cart. I've never used any:

• free
  • something that works on typical shared hosting
  • allows pictures for products, maybe categories
  • I can deal with currency
  • should have the ability to put stuff on sale, add some coupons or promos, etc.
  • I have less than a week so looking for something that looks passable out of the box - I'll just slap on a quick Photoshop'd logo or something but no intent to get into CSS, etc. If there's a choice of free themes, that's great but not necessary.

My Advice: VPS Advice

For LET support, please click here.

Thanked by 1deadbeef