Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Got a cool project in need of more server space? I might be able to help.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Got a cool project in need of more server space? I might be able to help.

BlueVMBlueVM Member
edited June 2013 in General

Alright so I've got about 50 - 60 of these sitting around as it were and I'd like to sponsor some cool projects.

• Dual Core (1.6 Ghz x 2) Atom Processor
  • 2 GB of RAM
  • 250 GB HDD
  • 100 Mbps Unmetered
  • Got about half a dozen with 4 GB of RAM and another half dozen with 500 GB of disk as well.

If you'd like one PM me the following:

• Project URL
  • Project Description
  • Why you think you should get one of these.
  • If you are willing to link to BlueVM (yes the answer can be no).

Terms:
Please don't PM me unless you have an actual running project that is either very near to completion or actively available. The server will be available for as long as I deem fit. If I do decide to take it back at some point you will receive 30 days notice. If you cancel your project I will take it back as well. Your project must be one that constitutes a "need" for a dedicated server. Hosting a small forum or something that can be done on a shared hosting account isn't really my idea of "need".

Comments

• pavspavs Member

This is very generous of you, I hope someone who really needs something like this gets to use it. I was one of those guys few months ago, but I am good now. Maybe you can also post this on HN (https://news.ycombinator.com/) I am pretty sure you will get better response and probably a lot of "press" too.

• +1 vote for posting on hacker news

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2013

You can contact HostMada.com(they need servers). Or start the next LowEndSpirit :P.
    Just asking: Do the servers come with IPMI?

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited June 2013

IPMI on request I believe. But we won't be giving that to potential people that get a server.

• vnetvnet Member

This program can only be provided to the lack of funds for the project group。