Looking for VPS, 200GB HD decent amount of CPU
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Looking for VPS, 200GB HD decent amount of CPU

Looking for a VPS In the UK or Europe thats reliable.

200GB HD Storage, 2-4GB ram, 4x CPU E3 or something like that. And at least 4-8TB of BW, not 100% sure but somewhere around that.

Budget no more than $14.

Just looking to see whats out there, I found a few places but most only advertise SSD's which adds to the price.

Comments

  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

    Going to be a challenge for the budget unless you're OK getting heavily limited on the cores.

    Francisco

    BuyVM - Dedicated KVM Slices / Anycast Support! / Stallion Control Panel / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
    Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • rivermiguerivermigue Member, Provider

    KVM or OpenVZ virtualization?
    Dedicated cores or fair share?

    Att. Miguel Rivera TempleServers.com Debian WebHosting | Nginx | Apache | Daily backups
    KVM and OpenVZ virtualization in Germany and Canada. A registered trademark of Breinz S.A de C.V NIT: 0614-051216-105-5

  • You might get better advice if you expand upon what you're wanting to do, the resources you think you need might not be accurate.

    For raw storage, it's hard to beat BuyVM, with half a terabyte of storage at $15/m. Their storage servers are meant for just that, storage, not compute/memory, thus the ridiculously low prices.

    If you want storage and specs, NFOServers does a pretty good job, $15/m for 2 dedicated threads(newer CPU's), 2 GB of RAM, and 12 TB of storage.

    You won't find much better from a respectable house than that of above.

    Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • If NL is ok then Worldstream has this in 15 Euro/month commit

    https://www.worldstream.nl/select_dedicated.php?id=1

    Make your choice on your own But i can help you to make them right.

    Thanked by 2HuntersPad bersy
  • teamaccteamacc Member

    @simonindia said: If NL is ok then Worldstream has this in 15 Euro/month commit

    https://www.worldstream.nl/select_dedicated.php?id=1

    That's 6 month pricing. Monthly is 8.4 euro more expensive.

    Yo mama so fat each of her butt-cheeks has its own /8.

    Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
    edited March 20

    @RyanMaxey said: You might get better advice if you expand upon what you're wanting to do, the resources you think you need might not be accurate.

    For raw storage, it's hard to beat BuyVM, with half a terabyte of storage at $15/m. Their storage servers are meant for just that, storage, not compute/memory, thus the ridiculously low prices.

    If you want storage and specs, NFOServers does a pretty good job, $15/m for 2 dedicated threads(newer CPU's), 2 GB of RAM, and 12 TB of storage.

    You won't find much better from a respectable house than that of above.

    Thanks! NFOservers looks tempting with there trial

    . I'm really not 100% on resources. I'll be running Xfilesharing you can look that up on there website.

  • @HuntersPad said:

    @RyanMaxey said: You might get better advice if you expand upon what you're wanting to do, the resources you think you need might not be accurate.

    For raw storage, it's hard to beat BuyVM, with half a terabyte of storage at $15/m. Their storage servers are meant for just that, storage, not compute/memory, thus the ridiculously low prices.

    If you want storage and specs, NFOServers does a pretty good job, $15/m for 2 dedicated threads(newer CPU's), 2 GB of RAM, and 12 TB of storage.

    You won't find much better from a respectable house than that of above.

    Thanks! NFOservers looks tempting with there trial

    . I'm really not 100% on resources. I'll be running Xfilesharing you can look that up on there website.

    Haven't ever heard of it, but there's no real reason any file sharing server/application should be particularly CPU bound.

    NFO's pretty decent, they're been around for over a decade and offer solid services, I've used their VPS's for years and I've never been let down. They primarily do game server hosting(managed), so all of the CPU's are pretty much all modern Intel chips that clock in at 3.0~GHz. Their staff are all US-based and literate, which is nice. They underload their machines and I've never had any issue with performance. They do have DDoS protection at no cost, and 10(iirc) locations you can switch your server to(lossless) at no cost.

    Frankly, with how low NFO's prices have gotten and the performance/cost ratio to most other hosts, I'm surprised they aren't more popular around here.

    Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • micronodesmicronodes Member, Provider
    edited March 21

    @HuntersPad said: Looking for a VPS In the UK or Europe thats reliable.

    200GB HD Storage, 2-4GB ram, 4x CPU E3 or something like that. And at least 4-8TB of BW, not 100% sure but somewhere around that.

    Budget no more than $14.

    Just looking to see whats out there, I found a few places but most only advertise SSD's which adds to the price.

    How does this look:

    -2gb RAM

    -4 Cores E5 CPU

    -6TB Bandwidth

    -200GB Hardware RAID 10 HDD Storage

    -KVM Virtualization

    -Price: 14$/monthly or $12.50 per month on quarterly terms

    Let me know if this will work.

Sign In or Register to comment.