Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UK VPS - 1GB - Special offer! - £5.00 Semi Annually or £10.00 Annually - While stock lasts!!!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UK VPS - 1GB - Special offer! - £5.00 Semi Annually or £10.00 Annually - While stock lasts!!!

**Here we have a special offer for LET Members that will blow your socks off! We are offering this superb deal for just £10.00 per year , WHILE STOCKS LAST**

**LET OFFER VPS**

[*]Cpu Cores - 4
[*]Ram - 1 GB
[*]Burstable Ram - 1024MB
[*]Raid 10 Disk Space - 50 GB
[*]Bandwidth - 2000 GB
[*]IPV4 - 1 - More available
[*]Openvz
[*]TUN/TAP Enabled
[*]Solus VM Control Panel
[*]Over 15+ Templates
[*]Instant Activation!

£5.00 Half Year / £10.00 Per Year

Order: https://www.northhosts.co.uk/clientarea/cart.php?a=add&pid=64

Included with all plans:

24/7 Support

Ticket Support

Free Setup

Try us today!!

Comments

• Although your service is decent enough and being your customer for a year now, I have no complains, I think you should nowadays change your offer's title and remove the "While stock lasts" part... It had been used continuously since last March, so, I guess -a year after- this stock is not going to disappear anytime soon... (avoid WHT style taglines).

Thanked by 2johnnymatt WSS
  • @jvnadr said:
    Although your service is decent enough and being your customer for a year now, I have no complains, I think you should nowadays change your offer's title and remove the "While stock lasts" part... It had been used continuously since last March, so, I guess -a year after- this stock is not going to disappear anytime soon... (avoid WHT style taglines).

The offer is referring to the 1gb of ram which is double what previous offers have been. And we generally do have a limit to the amount we have to sell at this price.

• This is the 5th thread since Jan 19, so "while stocks last" could be a tad misleading when it has been offered for over 2 months.

• ucxoucxo Member
    edited March 2017

Would be interesting to see a special offer on your KVM plans sometime. ;)

(No need for a Windows license though, I just want to run Linux with a custom kernel and filesystem.)

• @advarisk said:
    This is the 5th thread since Jan 19, so "while stocks last" could be a tad misleading when it has been offered for over 2 months.

The deal listed is whats provided so its hardly misleading and we dont plan on offering these perminently, neither are they a plan on our website.

• can you give any test ip?

Thanked by 1philiprollins
  • Do you have any bitcoin payments?

• @northhosts Enjoying your vps for many months, without downtime, good connection.

• @northhosts here on LET you've put the plan includes 50GB of disk space, whilst on your website it says 60GB - which one of these is correct?

Looks like a good offer though, probably about to order one.

• Hi Matthew it's 50gb sorry for any confusion.

• @tenpera said:
    @northhosts Enjoying your vps for many months, without downtime, good connection.

Glad to hear it!

• elgselgs Member

IPv6?

• @elgs No IPv6 from what i can see in SolusVM / no mentions on their website.
    @northhosts - I've got one now - can't really judge its performance yet, however it seems a really good deal for the price I paid.

Thanked by 1elgs
  • No problem Matthew, and Thank you. We dont have ipv6 yet sorry.

Thanked by 1elgs
  • Not Instant Activation but fast enough.

• Possible to add more storage? If so what would be the cost per 50GB?

• I've enjoyed excellent service from them.

wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    Benchmark started on Tue Mar 21 10:34:06 CDT 2017

System Info
    -----------
    Processor   : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           E5540  @ 2.53GHz
    CPU Cores   : 4
    Frequency   : 2526.785 MHz
    Memory      : 1024 MB
    Swap        : 1024 MB
    Uptime      : 20 days, 10:56,

OS      : Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS
    Arch        : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel      : 2.6.32-042stab111.12
    Hostname    : 

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Your public IPv4 is 1.1.2.3

Location        Provider    Speed
    CDN         Cachefly    28.9MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US     Coloat      3.66MB/s 
    Dallas, TX, US      Softlayer   12.1MB/s 
    Seattle, WA, US     Softlayer   7.54MB/s 
    San Jose, CA, US    Softlayer   10.2MB/s 
    Washington, DC, US  Softlayer   4.48MB/s 

Tokyo, Japan        Linode      3.90MB/s 
    Singapore       Softlayer   4.78MB/s 

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net     27.5MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb    20.0MB/s 

Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run)   : 201 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run)   : 408 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run)   : 404 MB/s
    Average I/O : 337.667 MB/s

• @philiprollins said:
    Possible to add more storage? If so what would be the cost per 50GB?

How much storage do you need?

• Hi @northhosts. Are you considering adding some newer OS templates any time soon? I would mainly be interested in Debian 8 or Ubuntu 16.04, but newer SUSE would be fine too.

• We have Debian 8 and Ubuntu 16.04 already. Any others just open a ticket and we will supply it.

Thanked by 1andreipoe
  • I can not ping or login into the vps 36 hours after ordering it. Also I can not login the control panel. It doesn't work while the product detail page shows Active.

an unpleasant experience :(

• You've pretty much swamped our support with tickets without even giving a valid reply. I'm still waiting for a response.

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • @northhosts said:
    You've pretty much swamped our support with tickets without even giving a valid reply. I'm still waiting for a response.

Thanks for your reply. But I don't agree with you.

:( I was never able to ssh the vps since I orderd it. What else inforamation could I provide for your side?

The support just told me to reinstall the os. I have said I can never login into control panel two times. How can I reinstall it?

• Is anyone else having issues with their Northhost VPS? I am unable to connect to mine and the VPS control panel appears to be down.

• Just open a ticket if you have an issue? We had a shaky node that's now stable.

• hljjhbhljjhb Member
    edited March 2017

@michaels said:
    Is anyone else having issues with their Northhost VPS? I am unable to connect to mine and the VPS control panel appears to be down.

Did you connect to the vps ever?

Waiting for four days, I find the network of the vps is down by serial console.

root@mybox:/# ip a
    1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN
    link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
    inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo
    inet6 ::1/128 scope host
    valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
    2: venet0: <BROADCAST,POINTOPOINT,NOARP> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN
    link/void
    root@mybox:/# ping google.com
    ping: unknown host google.com

• You've opened a ticket, why are you copying and pasting everything on here? I think I'd rather just give you a refund. It's going to be easier. Send a request across.

• Hi @northhosts, I only posted here as there was nothing on the status page and I wanted to make sure it wasn't my connection, I haven't had any issue since, I am not sure why you are offering me a refund?

• @michaels said:
    Hi @northhosts, I only posted here as there was nothing on the status page and I wanted to make sure it wasn't my connection, I haven't had any issue since, I am not sure why you are offering me a refund?

It wasnt aimed at you Michael

• philiprollinsphiliprollins Member
    edited March 2017

@northhosts said:

@philiprollins said:
    Possible to add more storage? If so what would be the cost per 50GB?

How much storage do you need?

I'd say somewhere closer to 150GB-200GB, storing audio lectures.