Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Managed VPS with these requirements
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Managed VPS with these requirements

y0ruy0ru Member
edited March 2017 in Providers

I am looking for a managed VPS with these requirements:

  • root access
  • can install nginx and https://qwebirc.org/installation
  • min. 20GB SSD space
  • min. 2GB RAM & 2-4 cores
  • domain privacy
  • available ssl certification
  • available cpanel & license
  • DDOS protection?
  • Europe datacenter

Everything should cost max. 60€/month, need it for 1 community website not sure if nginx & cpanel is needed but i have experience only with shared hosting w/ cpanel.

Comments

  • www.buyvm.net

  • Specific location in mind?

    How to clean up a questionable reputation: throw the kids some BF/CM offers.

  • InfinityInfinity Member, Provider

    If nginx on cPanel is a requirement then you may want to reconsider that. While there are many plugins out there, not all are reliable and some are very 'hacked together'. It's best to stick to out of the box software, or officially recognised plugins. You'll probably also want a reverse proxy for the qwebirc application, again it's possible in cPanel but not an out of the box 'feature'.

    Feel free to PM me to discuss a managed server in London that can meet your requirements.

  • HostingSpecialistsHostingSpecialists Member, Provider

    Hi,

    Please contact us at http://hostingspecialists.co.uk/submitticket.php and we can discuss this with you.

  • y0ruy0ru Member

    @doughmanes Oh right Europe.

    @Infinity Im not 100% sure if cpanel is needed because i only have experience with shared hosting but i would need to setup dns, mysql databases etc. cPanel dont have to run in nginx?

  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

    @varunchopra said:
    www.buyvm.net

    Thanks!

    @y0ru - cPanel + Nginx isn't a friendly combo so I'd recommend against it. Is the cPanel only going to be hosting the webchat or is there a lot more sites?

    Francisco

    BuyVM - Free DirectAdmin, Softaculous, & Blesta! / Anycast Support! / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
  • quickquick Member

    sorry for offtopic but who is still using irc except botnet masters?

  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator

    quick said: sorry for offtopic but who is still using irc except botnet masters?

    Um...everyone?

    Well, everyone technical anyway. Is there a major project that doesn't have one or more active irc channels?

    Thanked by 1quick

    For LET support, please visit the support desk.

    LowEndTalk attracts the finest members. - bear, WebHostingTalk

  • WSSWSS Member

    @raindog308 said:

    quick said: sorry for offtopic but who is still using irc except botnet masters?

    Um...everyone?

    Well, everyone technical anyway. Is there a major project that doesn't have one or more active irc channels?

    Vault 7. They prefer to stay in contact via Samsung SmartTV.

    Thanked by 2y0ru Yura
  • y0ruy0ru Member

    @Francisco To be honest im not even sure if i need nginx or cpanel, but after googling nginx seems like a good option... It is only going to be 1 community website with qwebirc installed.

  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

    @y0ru said:
    @Francisco To be honest im not even sure if i need nginx or cpanel, but after googling nginx seems like a good option... It is only going to be 1 community website with qwebirc installed.

    A custom setup might be a bit better then.

    An NGINX install w/ PHP or whatever for the site, and another one for the IRC web chat. You'd need MySQL + PHPMyAdmin.

    If you're OK at 2 cores I can do this for you at $30.00/month, or if you want 4 then $60.00/month in Europe. DDOS protection is $3.00/month extra. I can do the setup at no additional cost.

    Francisco

    BuyVM - Free DirectAdmin, Softaculous, & Blesta! / Anycast Support! / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
  • quick said: sorry for offtopic but who is still using irc except botnet masters?

    People tired of finding out that apps/chat providers are compromised. IRC is the CB radio of the Internet. When all the fancy messaging crap is down, IRC will still be running along smoothly.

    How to clean up a questionable reputation: throw the kids some BF/CM offers.

  • WSSWSS Member

    @doughmanes said:
    People tired of finding out that apps/chat providers are compromised. IRC is the CB radio of the Internet. When all the fancy messaging crap is down, IRC will still be running along smoothly.

    Actually, that would be Compuserve.

    I like IRC for the fact that it ISN'T all of these other providers/etc who may/may not store data, have compromised regisration information, etc, etc. I'll visit once or twice a year, but any centralized development would still make sense to be a closed network..

  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator

    WSS said: Actually, that would be Compuserve.

    Except that doesn't exist and IRC does. I also think IRC is a lot closer to CB from the point of view that there isn't a centralized provider...ever car powered its CB, anyone who wants an IRC relay can start one.

    I'm way overthinking this.

    For LET support, please visit the support desk.

    LowEndTalk attracts the finest members. - bear, WebHostingTalk

  • WSSWSS Member

    @raindog308 said:

    WSS said: Actually, that would be Compuserve.

    Except that doesn't exist and IRC does. I also think IRC is a lot closer to CB from the point of view that there isn't a centralized provider...ever car powered its CB, anyone who wants an IRC relay can start one.

    I'm way overthinking this.

    Yes, you are, considering that Compuserve created "CB Simulator", which was essentially the first multiuser commercialish chat system. You've put WAAY too much thought into this. You should sell your idea to those weirdos on discord.. :D

  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator

    WSS said: Yes, you are, considering that Compuserve created "CB Simulator", which was essentially the first multiuser commercialish chat system. You've put WAAY too much thought into this. You should sell your idea to those weirdos on discord.. :D

    Pffft, I'm going to take this to a billion-dollar IPO. I was thinking of calling it "Slack" or something like that.

    For LET support, please visit the support desk.

    LowEndTalk attracts the finest members. - bear, WebHostingTalk

  • WSSWSS Member

    @raindog308 said:

    WSS said: Yes, you are, considering that Compuserve created "CB Simulator", which was essentially the first multiuser commercialish chat system. You've put WAAY too much thought into this. You should sell your idea to those weirdos on discord.. :D

    Pffft, I'm going to take this to a billion-dollar IPO. I was thinking of calling it "Slack" or something like that.

    How about a multiuser blog for people who have had no real life experience, but have great ideas on everything that's wrong- and how to fix it. They can post their opinions and cast the hivemind together until the rest of the planet gets sick of their shit and bulldozes them off the planet.

    I call it FacebookTumblrSocial Media!

  • not sure how well it would work for you however CentMinMod seems like a great free option for you, it is a full nGinx stack and well its free :)

    Thanked by 1eva2000

    [ www.PioHost.co.uk ] - [ Shared, VPS & Dedicated Server Hosting - UK ]

  • vpsGODvpsGOD Member, Provider
    edited March 2017

    @y0ru your requirement was very basic .

    Get a VPS from a provider and do vestacp install (most provider do it free of cost)

    For domain : use namesilo . com


    I suggest you to look on managed when your board grow a limit and need some

    • Load Balancing

    • Cluster backup of db and post image

    • DDoS migration

    vpsgod.com : Shared | Reseller | VPS | RDP | Dedi | VPS Reseller

    $16/yr VPS- ovz7 NL| 256MB RAM

  • y0ruy0ru Member

    @piohost thanks i will look into it :)

    @vpsGOD good to hear. I am currently looking into dedicated kvm slice solution with vestacp (no cpanel) and custom nginx installation w/ qwebirc.

  • @y0ru said:
    @piohost thanks i will look into it :)

    @vpsGOD good to hear. I am currently looking into dedicated kvm slice solution with vestacp (no cpanel) and custom nginx installation w/ qwebirc.

    Vestacp have nginx built-in.

Sign In or Register to comment.