Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

post date
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

post date

jenokjenok Member, Host Rep
edited January 2012 in General

It seems all of previous month posted date doesn't appear well. It shows "December 2011" or "November 2011".

Is it default set by LET ? or it is not and LET never notice it ? or I think too much because I can set somewhere which I don't where is it ?

Comments

• That's the default for this forum. Same-day posts get a timestamp, prior posts are marked with the date. Posts from the previous months are simply the month and year. Think of it like a fuzzy clock.

• jenokjenok Member, Host Rep

lol, fuzzy clock.

Come on LowEnd admin, please fix it rather than let me guess when I post my discussion.

You can do it LowEnd ^^

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited January 2012

@jenok may want to post that in the sticky about the forums as that's where issues and complaints get responded to. Be sure to also do the @LowEndAdmin bit so that he gets a notice of the post.

I don;t think it;s a bug though. Many platforms do the same as a default.

• Although I have to admit though that I find it a bother as well.

I'd rather see the dates and times as well.

edited January 2012

date("Y-m-d h:i", $post_date); please . . .

:D

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited January 2012

This appears to be the change within the code:

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/17782/display-full-timestamp

edit: This as well: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/17224/date-and-time-for-previous-posts

I have to admit though that how the software deals with urls is more annoying for me than timestamps. Took three tries to get those urls working.

edited January 2012

it is really up to @LowEndAdmin, and he need to change it in config.php only.

So @LowEndAdmin, please do it for us :D

• @drmike said: Took three tries to get those urls working.

You just have to post the text. The forum will recognize the url and link to it: http://google.com

So @LowEndAdmin, any chance to have that date format in this forum ?

• @japon said: You just have to post the text. The forum will recognize the url and link to it

I said URLs. Not links. It's kind of hard to create a link when the forum software screws around with the URLs that it displays. Visit a thread and the forum software recognizes that you've been there before and changes the URLs to redirect you to the last post in the thread.

• @drmike - most forums (such as Vanilla) will give you a to-post URL from the timestamp/date. Rclick->Copy Link Location in GUI browsers, I believe. Easier than trying to edit them manually :P