Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ramnode - New Plans, New Prices!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ramnode - New Plans, New Prices!

VDS

RamNode now offers a Virtual Dedicated Server option! You can now get dedicated CPU cores on one of our super fast SSD KVM servers! See plans and prices here. Stock is limited!

SKVMS

Our Standard KVM SSD (SKVMS) VPSs are now HALF price! Get a 1GB RAM / 20GB SSD VPS for just $5/mo! This new pricing applies for existing customers as well - just open a ticket to request it!

SVZS

Our Standard OpenVZ SSD (SVZS) VPSs now come with DOUBLE the RAM! Get a 2GB RAM / 60GB SSD VPS for just $7/mo! Existing SVZS plans have already been upgraded, no need to do anything!

DDoS-Filtered IPs

All our DDoS-filtered IPs are now $3/mo (not just Seattle)! Existing customers already have the new pricing (just make sure you update your PayPal subscriptions).

Other News

We have decided to retire the SSD-cached KVM (CKVM) plans and disable SSD-caching on OpenVZ plans (CVZ). CKVM customers are welcome to keep their existing VPSs. The SSDs fail too frequently for us to properly maintain a write cache on these massive nodes, and we have determined that the average performance difference is not significant without the caching.

Lastly, we are still hard at work on our new OpenStack system! We expect to have beta available soon! Stay tuned for more information.

Thursday, March 16, 2017
https://clientarea.ramnode.com/announcements.php?id=415

Thanked by 1Yura

Comments

• Interesting about the ssd's failing. Are they using low durability consumer ssd's, or data center ones?

• @Francisco What are you gonna do about 'dis? Someone else is in town and is offering "slices."

Thanked by 1jenkki
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@doghouch said:
    @Francisco What are you gonna do about 'dis? Someone else is in town and is offering "slices."

Not sure what I have to do about anything?

More than happy with where our slices are at.

Francisco

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Francisco said:

Improve your humour detection algorithm?

@Nekki said:

@Francisco said:

Improve your humour detection algorithm?

You're all so confusing :(

Francisco

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • XenosXenos Member
    edited March 2017

@Francisco has smaller slices for those that don't need a large piece of the pie.

@Xenos said:
    @Francisco has smaller slices for those that don't need a large piece of the pie.

There's lots of big slices too ;p

Francisco

• jiggawattjiggawatt Member
    edited March 2017

@Xenos Yeah those smaller, fair share slices are called virtual private servers. (VPS for short.)

Thanked by 1Dylan
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@Francisco said:

@Xenos said:

There's lots of big slices too ;p

Francisco

A mate of mine asked me where to go for a cheap VPS that can run Windows and I pointed him to you. He was complaining that your slices were expensive until I pointed out the Windows license was included for free...

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • XenosXenos Member

@jiggawattz said:
    @Xenos Yeah those smaller, fair share slices are called virtual private servers. (VPS for short.)

If Francisco calls it a slice then I believe him.

• doghouch said: @Francisco What are you gonna do about 'dis

I doubt their co worries about much. There fraud prevention is very, very paranoid, so they're not exactly customer acquisition hungry.

@ricardo said:

doghouch said: @Francisco What are you gonna do about 'dis

I doubt their co worries about much. There fraud prevention is very, very paranoid, so they're not exactly customer acquisition hungry.

Karen's a lot calmer about that stuff, she took over billing a week or so ago :) Was simply too much work for one person.

Francisco

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • The existing VM will be unchanged, right? I'm happy with the stability of svz v2, 775 days uptime so far.

The old plans are pretty good and clear, meet needs of high memory, cpu, disk well and have proper ladder price between standard and premium.

Now I have a choose difficulty:

SKVMS 1024 MB 2 Cores 1 20 GB 2000 GB $5 / mo

SKVM 512 MB 2 Cores 1 15 GB 2000 GB $7 / mo

Maybe adjust SKVM and SVZ accordingly? :)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Man, VPS vs VM vs Slice vs Droplet vs VDS...I'm so confused.

Thanked by 1Lm85H4gFkh3wk3
  • YuraYura Member

@raindog308 said:
    Man, VPS vs VM vs Slice vs Droplet vs VDS...I'm so confused.

Get a dedibox. It's a dedi. It's a box. Simple and not too much marketing BS.

• Francisco said: More than happy with where our slices are at.

Feels like somewhere in McTrumps..

• traceray said: Our Standard KVM SSD (SKVMS) VPSs are now HALF price! Get a 1GB RAM / 20GB SSD VPS for just $5/mo!

Thank you Linode :)

Seriously, it's great to see Nick step up like this.

• traceray said: Our Standard KVM SSD (SKVMS) VPSs are now HALF price! Get a 1GB RAM / 20GB SSD VPS for just $5/mo! This new pricing applies for existing customers as well - just open a ticket to request it!

hmm seems there's no equivalent for the older SKVM plan features vs pricing i.e. one of ramnode SKVM is

• 1GB SKVM (KVM SSD VPS (SKVM)) with 4 CPUs with 28GB disk paying US$136.08/yr
  • trvztrvz Member
    edited March 2017

-

• :( sad, no discount for premium vps. i have 6 premium vps ramnode

• Our Standard KVM SSD (SKVMS) VPSs are now HALF price! Get a 1GB RAM / 20GB SSD VPS for just $5/mo! This new pricing applies for existing customers as well - just open a ticket to request it!

Can It apply to new price but keep coupon code?

• DylanDylan Member
    edited March 2017

@sleddog said:

traceray said: Our Standard KVM SSD (SKVMS) VPSs are now HALF price! Get a 1GB RAM / 20GB SSD VPS for just $5/mo!

Thank you Linode :)

Linode, Vultr, Ramnode... it's only a matter of time now until it comes full circle and DigitalOcean catches up too.