Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vps recommended
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vps recommended

I am looking for a vps in order to build a website, what is the recommended?

Comments

• in order to build what kind of website ? It depends :)

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited March 2017

Static website?

BuyVM @Francisco or RamNode.

Dynamic website?

Still BuyVM @Francisco and RamNode.

Jokes aside, those two providers are very good choices for hosting your website.

If you aren't experienced in managing a Linux-based operating system, you should probably try shared hosting.

(if you just need a cheap dev server without any guarantees, look for a LowEndSpirit VPS; I hear GestionDBI's NAT servers are pretty good)

• @sn6727262 said:

I am looking for a vps in order to build a website, what is the recommended?

Hello, I have a VMWare ESXi development box hosted in Kansas. The box is paid for a year I dont really use much of it. I could hook you up with a VM Guest + NAT for free. Let me know.

• is it a wordpress website or html website or an online store ?

also what is the preferred location

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@FlamesRunner said:
    Dynamic website?

Jokes aside, those two providers are very good choices for hosting your website.

Can never go wrong with buying a slice™, +1. Also got over 1000 days uptime on a Ramnode VPS. OP, you can't go wrong with either of those two.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@Harambe said:

@FlamesRunner said:
    Dynamic website?

Can never go wrong with buying a slice™, +1. Also got over 1000 days uptime on a Ramnode VPS. OP, you can't go wrong with either of those two.

Is it just me that sees huge uptime as a possible issue, security wise. Not on ramnodes side as they may fail you onto another host for updates. But still :O

• miaumiau Member

Linode

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@pbgben said:
    Is it just me that sees huge uptime as a possible issue, security wise. Not on ramnodes side as they may fail you onto another host for updates. But still :O

It's OVZ and they use live patching, so not too worried.

• @pbgben said:

@Harambe said:

@FlamesRunner said:
    Dynamic website?

On KVM at least with CentOS, Oracle linux, etc you can use ksplice to do critical kernel updates without a reboot, which gives it a competitive edge over Windows as far as that goes

• ucxoucxo Member

@ethancedrik said:
    On KVM at least with CentOS, Oracle linux, etc you can use ksplice to do critical kernel updates without a reboot, which gives it a competitive edge over Windows as far as that goes

Or you just switch to the failover server that your mission-critical site has anyway, and take all the time you need to upgrade and reboot the main server. Works for every OS, distro, and hypervisor. :)

• JayceJayce Member
    edited March 2017

An OpenVZ VPS would do just fine with Nginx or Apache, you could try some providers like BuyVM, NodeBlade, GalaxyHostPlus or even my own hosting company: SpetsnazHost

• bapbap Member
    edited March 2017

Start with a cloud, simplifying your dev env. DO & Vultr.
    In the future, when you gain profit from your web, rent a dedicated and build a better env.