Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

Quadhost VPS not connectable, Host-Website dead slow. Cannot issue ticket!
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Quadhost VPS not connectable, Host-Website dead slow. Cannot issue ticket!

Does anybody else have this problem?

Comments

• WHTWHT Member

Contact them here. @quadhost

Misterhost.NET (aff) 30% OFF with coupon LET30

Thanked by 1quadhost
  • raindog308raindog308 Moderator

Not a customer but their web site seems responsive to me - I clicked around in WHMCS, etc.

My Advice: VPS Advice

For LET support, please click here.

Thanked by 1quadhost
  • erdlingerdling Member

@raindog308 said: Not a customer but their web site seems responsive to me - I clicked around in WHMCS, etc.

It is. But when you login it's where the "fun" begins

• Looking and loading fine for me. Also client area.

Thanked by 2quadhost erdling
  • quadhostquadhost Member, Provider

Hi erdling,

Replying to your PM now, no known issues regarding the main site at this time.

You can also e-mail us [email protected] and it will be forwarded to the team.

Our Latest LET Offer! ~ QuadHost Ltd. ~ Christmas 2016 VPS Offers starting from only £1 per month!

Thanked by 1erdling
  • erdlingerdling Member

Hi quadhost. Finally got it working issuing a ticket. The site wouldn't load. I cannot start or restart the machine...

• quadhostquadhost Member, Provider

@erdling said: Finally got it working issuing a ticket.

No problem, can continue the PM via ticket.

Our Latest LET Offer! ~ QuadHost Ltd. ~ Christmas 2016 VPS Offers starting from only £1 per month!

• cochoncochon Member

If the VPS is in Falkenstein (DE) then the outage has been on their network status since it started yesterday. Looks like the problem lies with Hetzner, so probably hardware issues.

Thanked by 2quadhost erdling
  • erdlingerdling Member

@cochon said: If the VPS is in Falkenstein (DE) then the outage has been on their network status since it started yesterday. Looks like the problem lies with Hetzner, so probably hardware issues.

It is. Thanks for the heads up

• williewillie Member

@quadhost any updates? I don't have a critical need to reach that server but 2 days of outage is worrying.

Thanked by 1cochon
  • williewillie Member

Now almost 3 days. @i83?

• i83i83 Member, Provider

@willie said: @i83?

We are working to resolve the issues with the local provider at present.

Once again apologies for any inconvenience caused, all affected customers will be being compensated once the issue is resolved.

We are also looking at adjusting our DE plans for 2017 based on recent events.

i-83.net ~ A "LowEnd" NAT/IPv6 Provider est. 2013

Thanked by 1willie
  • williewillie Member
    edited March 17

Thanks for the response! I'm not seriously inconvenienced by the downtime so it's ok if it takes a while. My main question is whether the data is safe. If you're doing an offline raid rebuild or something like that, it's fine, it would just be nice to get more info about what's happening.

• rocketrocket Member

@willie said: My main question is whether the data is safe.

The data will always be safe if you have good backups :D

VPSGuide - My website for reviews, tutorials and offers || LowEndHost Reviews || LowEnd Offers || Submit an Offer

Thanked by 1i83
  • williewillie Member

@i83 any chance of a more concrete update about what's wrong with the server? Thanks.

• erdlingerdling Member

It's been half a week already!!!

• erdlingerdling Member

Can you please cancel my account and reimburse me my money? You can keep 4/12th of the money since that was the months I used it for.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Provider

erdling said: Can you please cancel my account and reimburse me my money? You can keep 4/12th of the money since that was the months I used it for.

????????????

You're on a public forum mate.

Clouvider Leading UK Cloud Hosting solution provider || UK Dedicated Servers Sale || Tasty KVM Slices || Latest LET Offer

Web hosting in Cloud | SSD & SAS True Cloud VPS on OnApp | Private Cloud | Dedicated Servers | Colocation | Managed Services

• Hey i'm just passing by here to say hello. Tq.

• i83i83 Member, Provider
    edited March 18

@erdling said: Can you please cancel my account and reimburse me my money?

Open a ticket with the billing department if you wish to discuss the possibility of a refund.

@willie said: @i83 any chance of a more concrete update about what's wrong with the server? Thanks.

Unfortunately at this time its not possible to provide specific details as it is still being resolved with the concerned parties.

If anyone has any further questions/queries regarding the issue we would ask you to contact our support team.

i-83.net ~ A "LowEnd" NAT/IPv6 Provider est. 2013

• The management portal is also extremely flaky according to their StatusCake .. from 14th to 18th max uptime was 6hours, otherwise going up and down regularly. After staying up for 16 hours, back again to same pattern till date.

• @i83 said:

So what actually happened, because this has been going on for over a week now?

• erdlingerdling Member

I'm betting on money problems...

• williewillie Member

i83 said:

If anyone has any further questions/queries regarding the issue we would ask you to contact our support team.

Opened ticket #383601 at 19/03/2017 06:27 (timestamp from the ticket, I guess it's UTC), no response yet. @i83 this doesn't look good.

• erdlingerdling Member

@willie said:

i83 said:

Opened ticket #383601 at 19/03/2017 06:27 (timestamp from the ticket, I guess it's UTC), no response yet. @i83 this doesn't look good.

So did I.

Thanked by 1willie
  • edited March 20

I've also had a support ticket open since 16/03/2017 @ 19:30 (Ticket #753633), and am yet to receive a response. @i83 / @quadhost it'd be nice if you could inform your clients about what is going on - the server has now been down 7 days and I'm yet to receive any notification as to why this is. The only mention of the downtime I can find on your site is https://quadhost.net/account/serverstatus.php, yet this hasn't been updated in 3 days, and lacks in any details as to why the downtime has been over 1 week now.

Thanked by 2karjaj willie
  • @matthewkilpatrick said: I've also had a support ticket open since 16/03/2017 @ 19:30 (Ticket #753633), and am yet to receive a response. @i83 / @quadhost it'd be nice if you could inform your clients about what is going on - the server has now been down 7 days and I'm yet to receive any notification as to why this is. The only mention of the downtime I can find on your site is https://quadhost.net/account/serverstatus.php, yet this hasn't been updated in 3 days, and lacks in any details as to why the downtime has been over 1 week now.

i-83 has always taken forever to respond to tickets, I opened one months ago that took 3+ weeks to get a response. Just keep bumping the ticket.

• williewillie Member

I've never seen a server down for a full week with no clue from the host about what's wrong, unless it's something really bad :(.

• If it's a catastrophic HW failure, presumably the faulty items could have been replaced by now.

If it's a financial failure...

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Provider

@alaningus said: If it's a catastrophic HW failure, presumably the faulty items could have been replaced by now.

If it's a financial failure...

You don't know that, it's not like they use Equinix for their rock bottom prices NAT offers.

Clouvider Leading UK Cloud Hosting solution provider || UK Dedicated Servers Sale || Tasty KVM Slices || Latest LET Offer

Web hosting in Cloud | SSD & SAS True Cloud VPS on OnApp | Private Cloud | Dedicated Servers | Colocation | Managed Services

• @Clouvider said: You don't know that, it's not like they use Equinix for their rock bottom prices NAT offers.

Well, they do use you for some of their services so I guess you'd know :-) Got some replies on tickets a few hours ago (management console was too slow).

• active8active8 Member

UK and USA locations works fine several VPS there, also management portal works fine, DE locations still have problems

• Send support an email if you can't open a ticket.

• williewillie Member

I got a ticket response:

Apologies for the delay in response and any inconvenience caused, at this time the data is secure.

Beyond that I cannot comment any further other than we are working with Hetzner to resolve the outstanding issue they have, we are also evaluating other providers in DE for the NAT range shortly after.

Any future updates will be posted to our public status page regarding the issue.

I like the part that says the data is secure ;). My best guess is that they got suspended from Hetzner because of some abuse or DDOS issue, and they're working on resolving the issue with Hetzner. But I have no info beyond the above, i.e. they're not saying what's wrong.

• erdlingerdling Member

It's still not working. I don't expect to come online ever again... I filed a paypal claim only asking for the remaining money since the VPS is not working anymore. They argue that their terms state that they don't need to reimburse... What a bunch of bollocks

• williewillie Member
    edited March 26

You asked for a refund and they declined it in a situation like this? That's lame. At this point I personally care more about getting the data back than getting the vps or the payment back, but an outage of this length calls for accomodations beyond the TOS, i.e. refund customers who ask for it.

@i83 assuming you're in some negotiations with Hetzner about bringing the FLK servers back online, in the absence of signs of progress I'd vote at this point for giving up on FLK completely. Just try to get the data and migrate it to other locations so customers can access it again. Continue working with Hetzner to resolve any remaining disputes behind the scenes, but write off FLK as a failed location.

Fwiw, there's a recent-ish update on the status page:

https://quadhost.net/account/serverstatus.php

It basically just says the situation is still going on.

• edited March 26

I'm still awaiting a response to my ticket after having heard nothing directly from them since I opened it 10 days ago - I 'bumped' it a few days back, yet that did nothing. The i-83 page says there is no SLA & their terms state the same, however any provider with any decency and respect towards the clients would probably be giving compensation for over 1 week of downtime, in which they seem to be communicating very little with clients about what is going on.

I wouldn't really mind my service being moved to another location if the Falkenstein location is going to be down for the foreseeable future - @i83 - would it be possible to move my content over to another locaiton if the Falkenstein location isn't back up in another week or so?

• WSSWSS Member

@erdling said: It's still not working. I don't expect to come online ever again... I filed a paypal claim only asking for the remaining money since the VPS is not working anymore. They argue that their terms state that they don't need to reimburse... What a bunch of bollocks

That's outright dickish. Obviously it's out of their control, but "It's fucking gone" isn't something you should be forced to pay for, since it's not your fault. @quadhost Give the guy back his few bucks.

• salakissalakis Member

So basically they're looking for a new DC in Germany ... with decent DDoS protection. OVH is supposed to go live with their German DC (Limburg) next month, maybe worth a thought?

• Neither @i83 nor @quadhost have been active on here since 18th. Updates on status page are 3 days old

It's the lack of communication that always pisses me off in these situations.

I'd rather know what's going on even if it's going down the toilet as I suspect.

Come on you guys, stop hiding and front up to your subscribers

Thanked by 4WSS ucxo willie PremiumN
  • williewillie Member

salakis said: new DC in Germany ... with decent DDoS protection.

I thought Hetzner had ddos protection now. Maybe it was outgoing ddos?

• WSSWSS Member

What's so odd, is I've noticed that it usually takes a post here to get a response to anything but the simplest ticket. They've never gone fully dormant, though.

• aw shucks. I was actually thinking of getting a DE nat from i-83 for German private vpn.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited March 26

Might I recommend @davidgestiondbi

E: Damn. Looks like he's out of Germany. @davidgestiondbi?

• williewillie Member

There are still some listed here:

https://www.deepnetsolutions.com/nat-vps.html

Thanked by 1WSS
  • jackhadrilljackhadrill Member, Provider

If people are happy to fund, I will get a German location (I'm thinking Hetzner i7-2600 w/ 2x3TB) for CrapNAT™ as per @ucxo's suggestion. Let me know if you'd be interested.

Dev-work in C, Python, Bash and PHP available on request. PM me if interested!

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • WSSWSS Member

@jackhadrill said: If people are happy to fund, I will get a German location (I'm thinking Hetzner i7-2600 w/ 2x3TB) for CrapNAT™ as per @ucxo's suggestion. Let me know if you'd be interested.

You are really eager to add more shit under the CrapNAT belt..

• williewillie Member

I might be interested in that. There are also some i7-2600's with 4x4TB for around 50 euro/m exvat.

For something like this I'd shut off ipv4 altogether and assign single ipv6 addresses from the included /64. That would make it harder to ddos unless the addresses got out. But, I think I'd rather have a storage plan (scp/sftp) than a vps, due to less things to go wrong.

• layfonlayfon Member
    edited March 27

For price per TB, choosing 4x4TB model will be more attractive than 2x3TB one, but the price of storage plan will still be close to final price of CrapNAT. The advantage will be additional computation power, but we have many idle vps already. Though some might be happy to have more.

• After around 2 weeks of downtime, my uptime monitor has just alerted me that my VPS in their FLK locations is back online, & the server is back up according to http://statuscake.quadhost.net/

Thanked by 1vimalware