Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help Find Me An OpenVZ 2GB Ram VPS Under $10/Month
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help Find Me An OpenVZ 2GB Ram VPS Under $10/Month

JeffreyJeffrey Member
edited January 2012 in General

Hello, I am currently paying for a VPS with http://urpad.net (their advanced plan). I really like this host, uptime is great and the server is fast.. However, I am looking for lower prices as I will be changing things up a bit at my shared web hosting website.

I am looking for a VPS that has:
1GB Ram/2GB Burst or More if that is possible for the price..
100GB HDD, doesn't have to be 100GB, if it is 80GB I am fine.
1TB Bandwidth or more
Under $10.00/month?

Please don't list VolumeDrive.com :)

Comments

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

To be honest you can't really expect much for that price. I'm not even sure how stable URPad.net is with their prices.

Hostigation's OVZ-1024 seems to fit the bill.

• @Infinity I know Hostigation is very stable and reliable, but haven't they been having issues with the datacenter in South Carolina? My Urpad VPS has been very good to me, the uptime is about 18 days currently.

• -16:43:19- Jehuty:~ :: aldryic % uptime
     16:43:22 up 125 days,  5:26,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

My Hostigation 128 in SC, IP 216.189.8.121. I haven't had any issues <_<

edited January 2012

@Jeffrey said: but haven't they been having issues with the datacenter in South Carolina

That was a pretty long time ago and didn't last long (wasn't uptime issue, just a network if IIRC). I personally find Hostigation LA quite slow, and SC good but obviously it would be different for you due to your routing and location. I'd highly reccomend Hostigation.

Snap with @Aldryic.

[humza@alpha ~]# uptime
     01:47:09 up 125 days,  4:48,  2 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

• +1 on Urpad

lacc@dns-urpad [~]# uptime
    01:46:18 up 48 days, 4:07, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

• The ChicagoVPS 2gb OpenVZ for 7usd might do, currently re-running:
    http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/chicagovps-rerun-of-7-2gb-openvz-vps-offer-in-chicago/

only 50gb disk space, but 2tb traffic and 2gb ram

• @Aldryic said: My Hostigation

wanna post dat $PS1

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited January 2012

@justinb said: wanna post dat $PS1

-16:55:41- Jehuty:~ :: aldryic % cat .bashrc
    # aliases
    alias sysinfo='uname -nsr;

echo -n "Memory: ";
    free -m|grep Mem:|awk "{print\$2}"|tr "\n" " ";

echo -en "MB\nProcessor:\n";
    cat /proc/cpuinfo | egrep "(model name|MHz|cache )" | head -3;

echo -n "Cores: ";
    grep "model name" /proc/cpuinfo | wc -l;

echo -n "Video: ";
    lspci|grep -i vga|sed -r "s/VGA compatible controller://g;"
    '
    alias ls='ls -hlFb --color=auto --group-directories-first'
    alias la='ls -hlaFb --color=auto --group-directories-first'

# ps1
    RESET="\[\\e[1;0m\\]"
    BLACK="\[\\e[0;30m\\]"
    RED="\[\\e[0;31m\\]"
    GREEN="\[\\e[0;32m\\]"
    BROWN="\[\\e[0;33m\\]"
    BLUE="\[\\e[0;34m\\]"
    PURPLE="\[\\e[0;35m\\]"
    CYAN="\[\\e[0;36m\\]"
    LIGHTGRAY="\[\\e[0;37m\\]"
    DARKGRAY="\[\\e[1;30m\\]"
    LIGHTRED="\[\\e[1;31m\\]"
    LIGHTGREEN="\[\\e[1;32m\\]"
    YELLOW="\[\\e[1;33m\\]"
    LIGHTBLUE="\[\\e[1;34m\\]"
    LIGHTPURPLE="\[\\e[1;35m\\]"
    LIGHTCYAN="\[\\e[1;36m\\]"
    WHITE="\[\\e[1;37m\\]"
    export PS1="\n${WHITE}-${BROWN}\t${WHITE}- ${BROWN}\H${WHITE}:${LIGHTGRAY}\w${WHITE} :: ${BROWN}\u ${WHITE}% ${RESET}"

# env variables
    export EDITOR=nano
    export LC_ALL=ru_RU.utf8

My default .bashrc. For the /root/.bashrc, I just replace ${BROWN} with ${RED}. (*Disclaimer: the ls/la aliases won't work on CentOS unless you remove the --group-directories-first)

• tuxtux Member

BreatHost?

• Breathost is rather new.. I am looking for a host that has been here for a while

• Cough http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/1086/easevps-openvz-vps-clearance-sale-384mb-ram-from-2.00-month-fl-az Cough

I would recommend BreezeHost, HudsonValleyHost. You can look at both I have not been a customer of breezehost since late 2010 though.

• @EaseVPS, I said Under $10.00/Month ;)

• @EaseVPS

Are you that desperate for clients you have to plug peoples threads with your own company :P

Are there any rules or morals for that matter at LET anymore?

• @VMPort
    Hard times, VMPort... I'm playing my guitar on the streets for a dollar.

On Topic: No, Not really.... I don't know how that got there. :-)

• Well, HudsonValleyHost is doing a price match for me on one of their nodes in Scranton, Pennsylvania with BurstNET with the same specs, same price

• @Jeffrey said: I know Hostigation is very stable and reliable, but haven't they been having issues with the datacenter in South Carolina?

Tim also mentioned that he is no longer racking in Rock Hill I believe. He mentioned getting space here in Charlotte. He also has a location in California.

@VMPort said: Are there any rules or morals for that matter at LET anymore?

We never did get an answer out of @LowEndAdmin when self-promotion came up.

• JeffreyJeffrey Member
    edited January 2012

Thanks @drmike for the information. I have bought a VPS with HudSonValleyHost, the one they offered me via live chat, 1GB/2GB Burst Ram, 100GB HDD, 1TB Bandwidth, Scranton, Pennsylvania in BurstNET for $10.00/month.

Proof of great uptime of Node BudgetVPS2:
    Uptime / Load:
    20:41:14 up 145 days, 12:53, 0 users, load average: 1.52, 1.48, 1.36

• @drmike said: He mentioned getting space here in Charlotte.

Correct, I bought a rack at Caro as they were the only place not totally out of their skull asking $30/mbit on a 100mbit commit. Overages are still higher than I'd like at $8/mbit, but not the end of the world. I should have some nodes in there this week, just waiting on them to get my IP space approved with their upstreams.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@miTgiB said: $30/mbit on a 100mbit commit

Wait, so you're paying $30/mb or are you saying they were the only one not charging $30/mb?

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited January 2012

@drmike

I must have reported 5 or 6 and not recieved any reply from him on any, they are all still there as well. I dont need to tell you that though do i :)

• @KuJoe Do you really think I'd sell what I sell paying $30/mbit?

• @miTgiB said: Correct, I bought a rack at Caro as they were the only place not totally out of their skull asking $30/mbit on a 100mbit commit.

Strange. I thought a 100mbit was usually included with a rack lease. I know that they were with mine although I went with something bigger.

In case anyone is wondering: http://g.co/maps/tqz4s (Yes, I know it's a shortner. Only thing google would give me.) It's interesting to see what's in the area.

• @drmike said: It's interesting to see what's in the area.

Google Maps/street views doesn't show fiber routes, so it shows nothing in the area ;)

• @drmike said: I thought a 100mbit was usually included with a rack lease.

It is included with this one, but I also opted for a 1gbit port with a 100mbit commit, it was the overage rate that I was stalling on til I got a price I could live with. Anyway, move in tomorrow, so will start working on migrations next week and as soon as I can start adding new clients again I'll add a connection from Cogent.

Caro gets a much better network speed and ping than the current Rock Hill DC, I'm all for it :)

• I'd recommend Chicago VPS, and their current promotion: $7 for 2GB RAM OVZ fits your bill

• innyainnya Member
    edited January 2012

CHICAGO VPS is offer is only 50G disk. He need 80Gig

• @innya said: CHICAGO VPS is offer is only 50G disk. He need 80Gig

He needs realistic expectations.

• innyainnya Member
    edited January 2012

he might have missed out on ipap.co :) offer :D
    J/K

Thanked by 1tux
  • Lol, I am very happy with the VPS that Hudsonvalleyhost gave me with the same specs for the same price