Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking For A GMOD Darkrp Server provider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking For A GMOD Darkrp Server provider

Within the next month I will be looking to setup a Gmod DarkRP server. I'm looking at having around 50 slots and wanting to host it in a UK datacentre.

I'm not really interested in just going and hiring a certain ammount of slots off one of the million of companies out there and would prefer a VPS/VDS or a dedi.

I've been looking everywhere for what type of specs I'll need but got definitive answer and as I don't want to part with any cash before I know what I'm buying will be right for the job.

Budget is open to what is necessary but not looking to over spend over purchase a server that is overkill for me need.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Many thanks

Comments

• I believe @clouvider has some pretty tasty UK 'slices'.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Dextronox said:
    I believe @clouvider has some pretty tasty UK 'slices'.

Thanks for recommending :-)

Have a look at our 'slices' product in London, https://www.clouvider.co.uk/uk-virtual-dedicated-servers-sale

• The Garry's Mod (Source Engine) multiplayer server software can run on a lot of stuff, GMod has evolved a lot since the early 2000's so I mean anything with like 2-4GB of RAM, a decent SSD and a modern Xeon E3, E5, etc would be good. VPSs that is.

The software can run on either Linux or Windows, I've only done it on Windows before but there are a lot of tutorials on how to run it on things like CentOS 6, Ubuntu, etc as well

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited March 2017

Linux GameServerManagers (see link below) makes it a breeze to install and update all the Source games (and others). Also all Source engine game servers are single-threaded so you'll want to be on a dedicated core VPS with decent frequency for that amount of players and props. You'll also want to be on a VPS on a 1Gbps port, sure you won't always have access to all that speed but it will be better than being limited to 100Mbps all the time.

https://gameservermanagers.com/lgsm/gmodserver/

• For control panels, there's also Pterodactyl. Great, free panel. Supports all source dedicated servers.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

I would recommend ourselves, for two reasons mainly.

1) OVH Game range anti-ddos is key for a good Gmod server. You will get dossed.
    2) Powerful 4Ghz cpu threads and a decent share of IOPS.

The con would be the location, we're using OVH so are limited to the nearest location to you, which in our case is Gravelines, France. Super close to the UK though.

As for the spec requirements, I have read into this before for a personal GMOD RP server, and its not a set thing apparently so I never found a reliable answer on what resources I need.