Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

User refused to provide evidence to support bad review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

User refused to provide evidence to support bad review

taavimtaavim Member
edited March 2017 in Reviews

Hi

Was vultr customer. Issues started actually a bit earlier (support littlebit nose in sky attitude) but i will share latest.

Had used vultr over 3 months now. Under their dashboard you get sometimes flash message what promotes: you could get free credit..

One of offers was under affiliate: give 20$, get $30 campaigns. I thinked to use this oppurtunity and promote in under 3 sites what i have. I did ask before where i am allowed to show.

Everything was fine. In 3-4 days collected over 20 clicks. Then suddenly i see that campaign is not anymore active. I asked and i was answered with long delay that they (support) understand me but only management can answer. Took couple days. Managment answered that campaign was for summer only.

In this point i asked why it was then active under my dashboard and what user will think about this if they signup. Right now is winter almost over and they claim for summer was campaign...

I also adviced since i helped to discovered this issue, perhaps pay per click and make campaign active so vultr wont look bad and users who signup get deservered 20$ bonus.

Instead of that management went his own way and started to do what manager sometimes does. Being with job title "operation director" starts to be "director" and closed instead account.

My account had paid subscription and it was active. Director claimed that i indicated to leave and as such he closed my account.

I confirm, did indicate indeed but not ordered service to be cancelled. I think that director wanted to get rid of support tickets, one of those tickets has even more bad attitude by him.

Right now for me situation is that i cannot use my fund balance which was over 20$. He deleted that one as well. When asking from support why and how this will be solved: they asnwered that only management can deal with this issue + only at U.S timezone. I am from europe.

My lessons:

• Cannot trust them anymore
  • SLA is not only technical. It is also support level and when you have issue what blocks to use under paid subscription service then SLA is affected as well.
  • Never affiliate them again + blocked in adsense
  • When company has such director then this company is bad.
  • Fancy website does not mean "good service" provider.
  • Management only at U.S timezone. Thats bad. No point then to promote "global".
  • They don't deserve any clients until CEO has stepped up and dealed with director.

I tried to talk with them several times. Explained many times that affiliation with banners = also impressions and perhaps i did bring them "one million dollar client". Director seemed not to care.

I also asked many times, why they are treating client that way. Director has not answered anymore.

I do have pictures from some e-mails about this issue under doh.ee website. The director doing his bad work intentionally comes out from those e-mails. Link in here: https://doh.ee/issue-with-vultr

Be warned!

UPDATE: Someone in here claimed that "768M" Package was long ago now not available, indicating that perhaps i lie about whole issue. I added one screenshot more to https://doh.ee/issue-with-vultr

Have look at your self.

kind regards,
Taavi

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

All this over 20 dollars?

Support is 247, billing and general queries are not.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • So, essentially you funded ur vps from referral links and are now angry because that did not work in the long run?

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

You're chapped over an affiliate promo expiring? Normally the promo terms state that all signups must happen within

Anyone who signed up and deposited the minimum $10 or whatever while the promo was active would most likely be allowed. Anyone after the fact wouldn't. Just the way it works.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@stefeman said:
    So, essentially you funded ur vps from referral links and are now angry because that did not work in the long run?

Still shouldn't cause the VMs to be deleted, if that's true.

Thanked by 3Falzo WSS nulldev
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2017

AnthonySmith said: All this over 20 dollars?

20 dollars big money in the 3rd world. Sir.

The lesson here is to just never get into or trust any affiliate program ever. Not only it makes you look like a shilling scumbag with those "?aff=" links (meaning whatever opinion or recommendation you give about the company IS being monetarily compensated), as demonstrated here the provider is free to screw you over at any moment they see fit, e.g. if they notice you earn "too much", and nevermind you actually attracted all those new users for them.

@Clouvider said:

We don't have a copy of that exchange. For all we know he may've told them they were fartmothers.

• @stefeman said:
    So, essentially you funded ur vps from referral links and are now angry because that did not work in the long run?

Hi. I can confirm that i didn't earn anything from affiliation. All my own income and as i said subcription was been payed by me. Just look at some of pictures of e-mails and you will understand. I do have more. ps! campaign is not there to end from one side without notice. such company could put up under aff url message what says properly "campaign" stopped.

It's not about affiliate. It's about how company managed. Specialy director who had so many options. When they discover their own bug then explaining what directly says "our system logical error/bug" would helped a lot. Instead more lies. At end it was pure scam/fraud as my account was closed due to "indicated that i am leaving..". I didnt order service closing. That was done purely to delete support tickets by director who made mistake. We all do mistakes. Just dont do bad.

• FalzoFalzo Member

Harambe said: For all we know he may've told them they were fartmothers.

even this should not be a reason to simply remove paid services which are not doing anything against their ToS. if they wanted to get rid of him I would assume a proper cancellation from their side with a date and time to be the right way to go.

but as you say we only no a small part of the whole story.

Thanked by 1taavim
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Harambe said:

@Clouvider said:

We don't have a copy of that exchange. For all we know he may've told them they were fartmothers.

Could be. If the OP could provide prove that the VMs were deleted, other than a VM creation email, this could seriously question reliability of Vultr's services.

• Main target attract more and more buyers and not pay affiliates with any reason, if can. That business where no free giveaways really. May be because I never join or post affiliate links.

• @rm_ said:

The lesson here is to just never get into or trust any affiliate program ever. Not only it makes you look like a shilling scumbag with those "?aff=" links (meaning whatever opinion or recommendation you give about the company IS being monetarily compensated), as demonstrated here the provider is free to screw you over at any moment they see fit, e.g. if they notice you earn "too much", and nevermind you actually attracted all those new users for them.

It's worth remembering the fact that that affiliate program may have enabled them to actually get known and get big and offer more competitive prices. And maybe created the chain reaction to get other providers like Linode to offer more competitive prices, etc.

Pasting affiliate links left and right might be considered as a douchey move but I don't think there's anything wrong with people promoting a company on their own websites, blogs, etc and get financial compensation.

Thanked by 2Corey switsys
  • @Harambe said:

@Clouvider said:

I do. screenshots.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2017

There is a reason we offer affiliate program only very reluctantly to old customers...
    That being said, we know some director there and as we know, power corrupts. If he considers the little guy is way overdemanding for his meager 20 $, he might as well use any excuse to show off his power. "Go away you beggar, we are big and strong with or without you, if 20 $ matter you have no money to sue us in US."
    I don't say that is what happened, but, unfortunately, it is too likely for my taste.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • The Promo in question was a "limited" offer. Their first run was last summer. Then after some months they offered it again, also as a limited promo. I used it both times.
    It was clearly marked as limited. So don't know why OP think it's was permanent.

• They claim they refunded your money before closing your account, so the "over $20" should be back in the PayPal balance or bank account, etc that it originally came from

• @rm_ said:

Affiliation is actually okey if promoter does know he/she does. some companies give business oppurtunity for others as well. its actually normal advertising. it has its downside. There are companies who advertise via affiliatons. Affilitions is also honoring. I give respect. Was not about money directly.

It was about having oppurtunity to give people. Instead it got to be some nonense show by director who whent bad with main issue, my account was closed due to fact that "i indicate of leaving". I do have more screenshots. On my main post you can see someof them via link.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

myhken said: So don't know why OP think it's was permanent.

OP said that is not the issue that made him post here, I think, pretty clearly. It is the fact his account paid with his own money was closed without him requesting a cancellation, which, for all intents and purposes has all the features of the theft felony.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited March 2017

I would contact your bank, etc or whatever you originally used to pay them and ask them if a refund from Vultr/Choopa was issued, and if they say no then reply back to that email saying the refund didn't happen.

This company is ran out of Sayreville and Piscataway New Jersey so they typically are in the Eastern Standard time zone, however I've gotten responses from them at 5 AM before (I'm also in EST) so I really don't know.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    All this over 20 dollars?

Support is 247, billing and general queries are not.

No. All this due how client was treated. IT was fact how director started to solve problem. Closed account without any reason. Only reason he added: no active instance at that moment and i indicated for leaving. Yes for moment was no active instance but just two hours ago was.

And besides it is up to me what i do under my VM account. Add new server, destroy server, add custom iso.. These functions are there for reason.

I did indicate of leaving but for that process is called: user makes support ticket: "service cansellition" with subject "please stopp my service".

I didn't make such ticket.

• @Maounique said:
    There is a reason we offer affiliate program only very reluctantly to old customers...
    That being said, we know some director there and as we know, power corrupts. If he considers the little guy is way overdemanding for his meager 20 $, he might as well use any excuse to show off his power. "Go away you beggar, we are big and strong with or without you, if 20 $ matter you have no money to sue us in US."
    I don't say that is what happened, but, unfortunately, it is too likely for my taste.

Actually thats the way i feel about this situation. I do have more sites and i do think if i manage properly they will bring jobs as well and more income. How director does not think about that is also weird. I mean i could be company who seeks decent partner eventually for cloud services. They himself in some point started as well from zero.

• It's too hard to make any sense of this story. I'd have to see the whole correspondence to reach any conclusions.

• @willie said:
    It's too hard to make any sense of this story. I'd have to see the whole correspondence to reach any conclusions.

Well additional to my main post you can see link what shows four emails. I do have full e-mail sources.

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

Possible view from Vultr perspective: to much hassle supporting you as a customer. Especially if your tickets are "help, server no work". It's harsh, yep, but happens.

If they closed your account - move on. Save your time.

Thanked by 2keymaster doughmanes
  • @ethancedrik said:
    They claim they refunded your money before closing your account, so the "over $20" should be back in the PayPal balance or bank account, etc that it originally came from

Well i didnt ask to be refunded. I didnt ask account to be closed but ofcource they have to refund when doing such thing. My main point could be how can be sure of such service provider?

From where starts scale at which point i am treated as client and can be sure my service will not be closed like this? I mean under 768M VPS i could run website what handles daily 100k visits.

How many instances i should activate more to be treated as good/normal client? 5$ for VPS is in market ok price.

Not do i only confirm from my bank. i will send letter to bank and in eu every transaction goes on hold via vultr. Im waiting couple days. My intention is to make aware of such company and reach out CEO.

• I always love cherry picked screen shots from obviously longer conversations with little context to the actual pictures used.

IF Vultr truly did remove your account based on the 3 photos you have on your website then it absolutely stinks. But as you didn't have any active services with them I believe they are well within their legal right to remove you as a customer and refund your money.

Now... my issues with your side of the story, you have 2 screen shots from emails and one from the Vultr panel. None of which are complete tickets. Until I see as such I'm actually on Vultr's side on this one as I believe there's more behind the scenes which lead to them terminating the account.

Thanked by 1Falzo
    edited March 2017

Umcookies said: Until I see as such I'm actually on Vultr's side on this one as I believe there's more behind the scenes which lead to them terminating the account.

Agreed, extremely cherry picked screenshots of parts of the conversation. There's a screenshot of a VPS created at some point in time, then Vultr says they are refunding the balance of credits paid in.. so OP lost zero dollars.

Now that doesn't mean they should just nuke an account - especially with active services.. but Vultr also claim in their response that there were no active instances.

So based on cherry picked screenshots: Vultr claims no instances active and OP 'indicated [he/she] was leaving' so they refunded money and closed account.

If OP had full threads we could determine the full back & forth. Something such as verbally accosting them over a limited time affiliate promo - with no active services - might result in a closed account with a refund at any reasonable company.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @time4vps said:
    Possible view from Vultr perspective: to much hassle supporting you as a customer. Especially if your tickets are "help, server no work". It's harsh, yep, but happens.

If they closed your account - move on. Save your time.

Oh well.. what possible view there could be. Did give facts. Zero tickets about asking help with server. I do know technology. And if they are such type - then add it to website "we don't want clients".

My perspective from vultr would be: director didn't swallow fact that they had screwed up. Instead stating "we apologize" he went and so called showed what he can do.

Btw, this is security issue for company when director can close accounts like that. Yes i moved on. Im with new service provider. In here only to let others know, be warned.

PS! With humour. I will send new ticket to them: "I indicate, your company has to pay for damages sum least 100 000$". Lets see if that indication gets done.

• YuraYura Member
    edited March 2017

@taavim said:
    Oh well.. what possible view there could be. Did give facts.

Simple. Post screenshots of full tickets relevant to this situation, blur only sensitive details and we will decide how to interpret the facts.

If you want to report about bad customer service then that is the only right way to do this in your situation. If you register on forum and write long ass walls of text instead, without showing hard details... You are twisting our nipples. Don't do that without written consent.

Show, Don't Tell.

• taavimtaavim Member
    edited March 2017

@Umcookies said:
    I always love cherry picked screen shots from obviously longer conversations with little context to the actual pictures used.

IF Vultr truly did remove your account based on the 3 photos you have on your website then it absolutely stinks. But as you didn't have any active services with them I believe they are well within their legal right to remove you as a customer and refund your money.

Now... my issues with your side of the story, you have 2 screen shots from emails and one from the Vultr panel. None of which are complete tickets. Until I see as such I'm actually on Vultr's side on this one as I believe there's more behind the scenes which lead to them terminating the account.

Well. No cherry picks. They are way it is. I do have 4 screenshots in that link. I couldnt do screenshots from client are as director closed account and i do belive he did this for that reason also. Full e-mail sources will published if i don't get solution from that provider. I do respect privacy of others as well. Im not sure every supported wants to showen.

More behind this is bad management.

• k0nslk0nsl Member

Hyvää päivää, @taavim !

Well, the Finnish people can be temperamental when they are badly treated -- so they do what many other people do; they rush a post without thinking it through!

You should have included all the pertinent conversations in order to remove any doubt which may incur by posting something like this.

At any rate, shame on Vultr if this is true. That is pretty disgusting behaviour.