Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Smallish VPS request - 2Core/200GBHDD/2GB
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Smallish VPS request - 2Core/200GBHDD/2GB

MagicalTrainMagicalTrain Member
edited March 2017 in Requests

Hi guys,

Im changing up some stuff and Ill be letting go of my nice Online.net box because its just more than what I actually need.

For that Im looking for a replacement and I need the following:

• 2 CPU cores that I can use. Dont need to be dedicated, but I dont want to think too much about whether I can actually run the very occasional transcode.
  • 200GB HDD Raid 10.
  • 2GB ram
  • Location non-UK EU much preferred, UK is otherwise fine as well.
  • Virt: anything not on 2.6.32 is good. That means OVZ7/LXC is fine as well. Just not OVZ6.
  • Bandwidth: 1gbit port preferred, 2TB+ transfer

My budget is maximum 5€/month, but Id want to stay around the 4€ mark more.

Comments

• williewillie Member
    edited March 2017

Tall order for your budget, but other than the 2 cores and 1 gbps I'd say wishosting.net. Just 1 core but it's a fast one.

There's also Scaleway but the Atom cores are dog slow.

• MagicalTrainMagicalTrain Member
    edited March 2017

Yeah, I know wishosting has something similar. Just wanted to see what the options are.

Cores dont really need to be all that fast. Just need to be able to use them from time to time. Maybe even 1 core is enough if that helps.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

I saw transcode mentioned so perhaps not the right plan, but for backups we could be an option.

2gb ram would put you on 400gb storage for $4/m billed bi-anually. GRA France.

Thanked by 1MagicalTrain
  • @pbgben said:
    I saw transcode mentioned so perhaps not the right plan, but for backups we could be an option.

2gb ram would put you on 400gb storage for $4/m billed bi-anually. GRA France.

Very very occasional transcode. I dont use it for plex or anything. Just always worried about hard cpu limits like "no more than 50% over 10 minutes".

• Life will be easier if you spend a little more. What do you want with the 2gb of ram anyway?

• MagicalTrainMagicalTrain Member
    edited March 2017

XWiki. Needs at least 1GB of ram and then some other smaller stuff.

Im currently paying 8.50€ for much much more. So unless I can spend around 4-5€ there is rather small reason to switch.

• I'd hold onto the online.net box then. Why juggle stuff around for 3.5 euro instead of finding uses for the extra capacity?

Thanked by 1vimalware