Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Object Storage - S3 Compatible (Max Budget $5/month)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need Object Storage - S3 Compatible (Max Budget $5/month)

PramPram Member

Hello everyone.

I need Object Storage (like s3) for hosting my image on my website. My visitor is mostly come from southest asia. I need Obj Storage that support

• Bandwidth : minimum 400 GB/month
  • Storage : minimum 100 GB
  • Server location: Los Angles, Japan, Hongkong or Singapore (southest asia visitor)
  • Free HTTPS request
  • 99% uptime
  • unmetered GET/PUT/DELETE/STAT request
  • Free support costum domain (optional)
  • support cloudflare (optional)

Thanks

Comments

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited March 2017

ConoHa gives you object storage for 450JPY(per 100GB) and unlimited bandwidth. It also has https support, but I don't think they support custom domains.

As far as I know, they support Openstack Swift API (connectable with cyberduck). I get around 10MB/s up/down on my 500MBit line on South Korea. Give them a try!

• PramPram Member
    edited March 2017

@sanvit said:
    ConoHa gives you object storage for 450JPY(per 100GB) and unlimited bandwidth. It also has https support, but I don't think they support custom domains.

Thanks for your information, i will consider that
    You have very good connection and speed in south korea

• @Pram said:

@sanvit said:

Huh..? I have no connection with ConoHa except as a Service Provider <-> Customer... A satisfied customer actually :D

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

So you want Amazon S3 for one-tenth the price...

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited March 2017

Or, you could get a Vultr storage instance, which gives you 125GB HDD and 500GB BW for $5 if I remember correctly...

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @sanvit said:
    Or, you could get a Vultr storage instance, which gives you 125GB HDD and 500GB BW for $5 if I remember correctly...

And install minio.io, done.

• deadbeef said: And install minio.io, done.

It looks awesome. Did you try it before?

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @Pram said:

@sanvit said:

If you end up using ConoHa, please consider using my ref link :D

deadbeef said: And install minio.io, done.

minio.io looks great! I've got to use that on my next project :D

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @DigitalFyre said:

Yup :)

Thanked by 1DigitalFyre
  • Sweet! Will probably give it a shot as soon as I find out how to make a link to a file "public" in the same manner you do w/ S3 and Google's storage.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • k0nslk0nsl Member

I am also using miniofor some projects and I just love it. No hassle, it is very simple to install and use.

@DigitalFyre said:

Thanked by 2deadbeef DigitalFyre
  • @k0nsl does it suppose public urls (without the insanely long string)?

• WSSWSS Member

@deadbeef said:

@sanvit said:

And install minio.io, done.

Well there's another project to add to the list. Dick. (Thanks)

• @DigitalFyre said:

I've used it before, works as promised and has a nearly-painless install & configuration process.

and last I used it was a few months ago, I'm sure it's only gotten better

Thanked by 2DigitalFyre deadbeef
  • @DigitalFyre said:
    @k0nsl does it suppose public urls (without the insanely long string)?

yes

Thanked by 1DigitalFyre
  • Wicked! Thanks :-)

• imokimok Member

I use minio too. It's great.

• I have used and (cursed) at Minio since it inception. It is still, a very much work in progress and IMO, not ready for prime time yet. IOW, don't count on Minio as your only storage solution...you have been warned.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • PramPram Member

sanvit said: Huh..? I have no connection with ConoHa except as a Service Provider <-> Customer... A satisfied customer actually :D

Yeah i mean you have very good internet provider in south korea very different in my country

sanvit said: Or, you could get a Vultr storage instance, which gives you 125GB HDD and 500GB BW for $5 if I remember correctly...

Yeah somethink i think to use vps, but if you in my condition for hosting static file like image what you choose between s3 or vps?

sanvit said: If you end up using ConoHa, please consider using my ref link :D

Okey i will use your referal code if consider to ConoHA

• PramPram Member

raindog308 said: So you want Amazon S3 for one-tenth the price..

Not amazon s3 just like Amazon s3 system. If you have any recommendation, please share to me

Thanks

• PramPram Member

I found some cheap Object Stroge
    Did anyone else try OVH Object Storage ($5.52 USD) or Delimiter Object Storage ($2.50 USD) and what your review?

And one question where is datacenter location of OVH Object Storage?

@sanvit @raindog308 @deadbeef @DigitalFyre @k0nsl @WSS @texteditor @imok @Weblogics

Thanks

• @Pram as far as I know, OVH object storage is located at france (not sure tho..). You should also think about BW cost since youre thinking of using 400BG/mo...

VPS vs ObjectStorage depends on how you use it.. If youre going to scale up at some point, AND have an automated script that can change image urls (since ConoHa doesn't support CNAME, you'll have a hard time moving to a new provider if you don't have one) I'll go with ConoHa. If not, I'll consider a big VPS or another ObjectStorage provider that doesn't cost that much for BW.

If your OK with server located in the U.S., you'll find variety of providers on your budget. Or, you could also consider @BunnySpeed's BunnyCDN with volume zones. This will cost $0.02/GB for storage (so that's $2 for 100GB), and $5/TB of bandwidth (that'll be $2 for 400GB)

Thanked by 1BunnySpeed
  • 1st question do you really need S3? any advantages S3 vs traditional VPS (because your budget too low, so you cant have everything on that budget)

Frankfurt, fremont, dallas datacenter fast enough for southeast asia visitor.

• DormeoDormeo Member
    edited March 2017

Deleted

• PramPram Member

@WSS said:
    @Pram No. Probably in an OVH datacenter.

Thanks for your answer :)

• PramPram Member

@sanvit said:
    @Pram as far as I know, OVH object storage is located at france (not sure tho..). You should also think about BW cost since youre thinking of using 400BG/mo...

Helo sanvit

First, Thank for your information

I was consider to buy Object Storage between ConoHa or BunnyCDN, where i can buy object storage on Conoha i just found a vps pricing page and for BunnyCDN it seem just provide CDN service nothing find Object space?

• PramPram Member

sibaper said: 1st question do you really need S3? any advantages S3 vs traditional VPS (because your budget too low, so you cant have everything on that budget)

Frankfurt, fremont, dallas datacenter fast enough for southeast asia visitor.

Yes i need like S3 :) actually i found https://www.delimiter.com/objspace-object-storage/ but the server location in atlanta
    Do you have recommendation for $5/month budget, and how much budget from your prespective like specification i need?

Thanks

• BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2017

@Pram said:

@sanvit said:
    @Pram as far as I know, OVH object storage is located at france (not sure tho..). You should also think about BW cost since youre thinking of using 400BG/mo...

Helo sanvit

I was consider to buy Object Storage between ConoHa or BunnyCDN, where i can buy object storage on Conoha i just found a vps pricing page and for BunnyCDN it seem just provide CDN service nothing find Object space?

We offer cloud storage based in Amsterdam that makes it easy to integrate directly into our CDN. It has a FTP interface (planning to add more soon) and costs $0.02/GB per month. It's currently in beta. https://bunnycdn.com/solutions/cdn-cloud-storage
    When changing or deleting files, you get automatic file invalidation and it's easy to simply plug in a zone over it in a few clicks.

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited March 2017

@Pram said:

@sanvit said:

Helo sanvit

I think @BunnySpeed answered your question for BunnyCDN. For ConoHa, pricing for ObjectStorage is only in japanese. However, If you sign up and go to their dashboard, you'll find a menu called 'Object Storage' where you can add/remove storage (per 100GB), and a menu called 'API' where you can find all the details to log in to Object Storage via Swift API.