Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a KVM/XEN VPS in Kansas CIty
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a KVM/XEN VPS in Kansas CIty

whitewolf101whitewolf101 Member
edited May 2013 in Providers

Hi, I am looking for a good VPS in Kansas City. I would like either XEN or KVM for better management and all that, I would love it to be good ping and allows IRC, or at least will allow a IRC Hub server (Server with no dns meaning very limited chance of a ddos attack), We already tried Viprus but there network sucks, and with a ping sensitive system like IRC we need something with better ping at least around the USA. If you have any recommendations please post them! The chat is irc.xertion.org, I am White_Wolf on there if you would like to have a chat! Please note we are looking for a reasonable price and no need for great specs (min we need is 512mb ram, 3gb hdd, 10mbps network (as long as ping is great), and hardly any CPU, except when we first compile the IRCd.
Thanks,
White Wolf / Will Lentz
Xertion IRC Network

Comments

• I don't know, but DONT CHOOSE VIRPUS! Trust me, you buy, you'll regret it.

• MikeInMikeIn Member

@Jacob EaseVPS also provides from Kansas but don't know where he does, what you need or not....

• JacobJacob Member

I only do OpenVZ, but if OpenVZ is fine for your needs then we can do that.

• whitewolf101whitewolf101 Member
    edited May 2013

@alexanderu said:
    I don't know, but DONT CHOOSE VIRPUS! Trust me, you buy, you'll regret it.

Already tried them, called there support and they said that as long as we don't produce a ddos atack they should be ok. Ordered for a month, canceled yesterday. I do regret it, there network is total shit.

@Jacob said:
    I only do OpenVZ, but if OpenVZ is fine for your needs then we can do that.

The problem we see with OpenVZ is that the resources are easily oversold and that the time is usualy not in sync. If you can provide some kind of gurentee against that then I will talk about it with the other staff

Thanks for the responses,
    White Wolf / Will Lentz

• JacobJacob Member
    edited May 2013

I cannot "guarentee" it really, but we have other customers that depend on time so we have it to sync on node startup, and on a cron (I think) so it doesn't slip out of sync.

It shouldn't be a problem either way.

• @Jacob said:
    I cannot "guarentee" it really, but we have other customers that depend on time so we have it to sync on node startup, and on a cron (I think) so it doesn't slip out of sync.

It shouldn't be a problem either way.

We are willing to give it a chance, the only thing that was stressed was keeping the time synced. If you want to discuss prices or w/e here or in a private I am open!