Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

500GB-1TB EU Storage Server needed, paying BTC.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

500GB-1TB EU Storage Server needed, paying BTC.

prolentprolent Member
edited March 2017 in Requests

In need of a VPS (low spec, high capacity) ASAP, with 500GB of storage or more, and BTC as a payment option.

What's out there? I tried time4vps.eu, however their verification process is a pain (they ask for ID, passport or last bill).

Comments

• sonicsonic Veteran

@prolent said:
    What's out there? I tried time4vps.eu, however their verification process is a pain (they ask for ID, passport or last bill).

I see no problem there. You will also get verificaton steps with other providers.

• @sonic said:

@prolent said:

I see no problem there. You will also get verificaton steps with other providers.

I'm just put off by the time it takes to verify with documents. Most hosts I've used have only required email and/or sms which can be done instantly, meaning I can start working sooner. They charge a fortune for big amounts of storage though, unfortunately.

• SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep

What location do you need? EU?

• prolentprolent Member
    edited March 2017

@SpartanHost said:

EU would be good, but I'm not too fussed.

• SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep

@prolent said:

@SpartanHost said:

EU would be good, but I'm not too fussed.

We have an offering in Dallas but not quite at time4vps prices but not massively far off, $3/250gb, 1TB bandwidth/250gb, gigabit port.

• WSSWSS Member

Wanna buy a KS-2E? :D

• @WSS said:
    Wanna buy a KS-2E? :D

How much are they, and where are they located? :P

• WSSWSS Member

France. #8 with #10 setup. Not sure if Kimsufi will take BTC (doubt it). https://www.kimsufi.com/en/servers.xml?flash I have a spare that I am going to offload at some point, but not immediately since I'm planning on using it for a family-based OwnCloud for testing purposes. They'll want some form of identification, too. Sure someone here will sell you theirs for a #30 "transfer" or something similar.

• flexflex Member

you can ask @cociu from hostsolutions.ro for a special offer
    they fill your requirements (simple verfication, btc, large storage, low specs, location eu)

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

What are you going to store ?

Thanked by 1Dormeo
  • WSS said: I have a spare [Kimsufi] that I am going to offload at some point,

How do you do that? By selling the whole account?

• @Clouvider said:
    What are you going to store ?

"Private Backups" :P

• WSSWSS Member

@willie said:

WSS said: I have a spare [Kimsufi] that I am going to offload at some point,

How do you do that? By selling the whole account?

I've seen others doing it, but my problem is I only think of my own greed, so I have my handful hooped into ONE account, except for one machine I bought on the business card. I figured I'd use it for a family-wide Own/NextCloud so we can get our shit together for the upcoming not-a-funeral, but I don't know how savvy the rest of the family is when it comes to not-facetubes.

• williewillie Member
    edited March 2017

Ympker said: "Private Backups" :P

Does this really require a VPS? I keep thinking that storage is an easier product to support if it's just sftp or something like that.

WSS said: I figured I'd use it for a family-wide Own/NextCloud so we can get our shit together for the upcoming not-a-funeral,

Wonder if the KS-2E cpu is fast enough for that. Plus there's that 100 mbit port.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

100Mbit/s is plenty and you don't really need CPU as much for storage.

• @Clouvider said:
    100Mbit/s is plenty and you don't really need CPU as much for storage.

I'll be storing about 350GB of files, which will be accessible publicly via a web app I've developed. I've tested this on other servers though, and it isn't too power hungry at all.

• WSSWSS Member

@willie said:
    Wonder if the KS-2E cpu is fast enough for that. Plus there's that 100 mbit port.

100mbit isn't that fucking slow when you're still rocking nearly-T3 speed at peak; the faster you go, the more RAM you need. The 2E handles OwnCloud fine, provided you have PHP caching setup, and Memcache and/or Redis configured properly.

Use a minimal Linux base w/ PHP-fcgi (Debian works well), and basic ext4, and no more than, say, 5 users at a time.. it'll be fine. Mostly.

17:36:39 up 1 day, 21:40,  1 user,  load average: 0.60, 0.41, 0.53
                 total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
    Mem:          3.8G       2.3G       1.6G        41M       149M       456M
    -/+ buffers/cache:       696M       2.2G
    Swap:         4.0G         0B       4.0G

• YuraYura Member

@WSS, NextCloud. NextCloud. NextCloud. NextCloud...

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Get a... storage i guess :)

https://buyvm.net/storage-vps/

Francisco

• WSSWSS Member

@Yura said:
    @WSS, NextCloud. NextCloud. NextCloud. NextCloud.

Is it really that much better? I'm basically looking for shared "Picture Hosting" for relatives to collaborate on the upcoming "Celebration of Life", and don't need calendar and other crap.

• YuraYura Member

@WSS said:

@Yura said:
    @WSS, NextCloud. NextCloud. NextCloud. NextCloud.

Is it really that much better? I'm basically looking for shared "Picture Hosting" for relatives to collaborate on the upcoming "Celebration of Life", and don't need calendar and other crap.

It's not more feature-bloat-full, it's not a typical fork either, NextCloud is really a continuation of OwnCloud by the same contributors. Creator had to leave original name and company due to business and ideology reasons. It's like LibreOffice migration all over again. OwnCloud is an empty shell.

• WSSWSS Member

I'll have to give it a poke, then. Cheers.