Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

anyone use Webuzo?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

anyone use Webuzo?

earlearl Member

Hi, just found out that there is a free version of webuzo. so I'm thinking great a free CP to administer my VPS and was pretty easy to install/use.. but it seems that webuzo is almost as buggy as kloxo.. I seem to be getting permission errors and even upgrading to the free premium trial it seems the scripts don't install correctly!!

Anyone else share the same experience?

Comments

• I found out about its existence when they announced the new version on WHT. Was happily surprised that it's a basic CP with built-in Softaculous (or vice-versa, depending on how you see it), with one-click installs for LAMP, nginx, and so many more goodies, with the premium version being only $2.50/mo. for the VPS license.

I noticed some bugs like not being able to change the username in the login screen on my smartphone if I had the user/pass saved on it, which is stupid. I had some issues getting the master domain name to register properly on a clean CentOS 6.4 install, reinstalled on a minimal one and that problem seems to be gone now.

I haven't noticed any other major problems, but I'm pretty new to VPSes and Linux so there's probably a lot I don't see.

My biggest frustration currently is that after installing LAMP and then using the autoinstall for Magento/Opencart/etc., it keeps failing because I apparently don't have all the modules like PDO installed. And that's where I'm stumped. So I've been toying around on a cPanel-based reseller plan just because everything's so freaking easy on it.

On the other hand, support is actually great. They love to do everything for you. They offered to install PDO for me even though I'm on the free trial and asked for my root info... Which I'm not sure I want to give, although many others don't seem to have gotten problems from that.

• MikeInMikeIn Member

@Mitsuhashi said:

I noticed some bugs like not being able to change the username in the login screen on my smartphone

Previously the free version was single user only(As I have not tried the updated / new version yet).

• earlearl Member

@Mitsuhashi

Yeah that's where I'm having problems too.. the panel works pretty good for creating domains setting up DNS etc.. but email does not seem to works or breaks easily.. I tried installing roundcube as a replacement for squirelmail and what I got was a blank page and in WP I could not change themes unless I installed php 5.4 I also got the PDO issues among other things! I really wished it worked out of the box but really this is just as bad as kloxo if not worst!

@MikeIn said:
    Previously the free version was single user only(As I have not tried the (updated / new version yet).

Still same I can't see where you can setup more than one user.. I don't think it's a replacement for cPanel but great for administering your own VPS's

• @earl said:
    Mitsuhashi

Yeah that's where I'm having problems too.. the panel works pretty good for creating domains setting up DNS etc.. but email does not seem to works or breaks easily.. I tried installing roundcube as a replacement for squirelmail and what I got was a blank page and in WP I could not change themes unless I installed php 5.4 I also got the PDO issues among other things! I really wished it worked out of the box but really this is just as bad as kloxo if not worst!

Still same I can't see where you can setup more than one user.. I don't think it's a replacement for cPanel but great for administering your own VPS's

@Mitsuhashi - Sir Webuzo is a single user control panel. You can set your desired username while configuring Webuzo at the initial stage.

My biggest frustration currently is that after installing LAMP and then using the autoinstall for Magento/Opencart/etc., it keeps failing because I apparently don't have all the modules like PDO installed. And that's where I'm stumped.

Sir the PHP binaries available earlier were not compiled with the required extensions resulting in the issues. We have recompiled the PHP binaries and all of the extensions are installed by default. Also Webuzo 2.1.1 has and option to enable/disable PHP extensions of the default PHP on your server from the Enduser Panel.
    Apology for the inconvenience caused till date.

I tried installing roundcube as a replacement for squirelmail and what I got was a blank page and in WP I could not change themes unless I installed php 5.4 I also got the PDO issues among other things!

Sir the blank page might be because the required extensions were missing. We have all of the extensions enabled by default in the current version. Similar is the case for failed Wordpress installations.

• @valley_webuzo said:
    I noticed some bugs like not being able to change the username in the login screen on my smartphone

Thank you for the answers. After I heard that version 2.1.1 was released, I installed it on two VPSes. The list of bugfixes and improvements was impressive. Haven't had much time to tinker yet, though, unfortunately.

What I meant with the login problem was that with auto-remember passwords on, the username would autofill and be unchangeable. This was a problem because I'd test things, reinstall with a different username, and be stuck. Haven't checked with the new version yet.

• Just want to let people know that Webuzo 2.1.2 was released a while ago with the fix for my username autofill problem. :-)

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@valley_webuzo
    If you add multi-user, count me in as a premium customer.

• +1 @FtpIt_Radi said:
    valley_webuzo
    If you add multi-user, count me in as a premium customer.

• That's what cPanel is for, Webuzo is for single domain use.

• Webuzo is used heavily here, We are very cool with it.

• kontam said: That's what cPanel is for, Webuzo is for single domain use.

Webuzo is not for a single domain, it just have single user.
    that's mean you can add any number of domains on your server but you will be the single and the only user for your server.
    anyone can use it on his vps/server to manage sites easily .

• @earl said:
    Hi, just found out that there is a free version of webuzo. so I'm thinking great a free CP to administer my VPS and was pretty easy to install/use.. but it seems that webuzo is almost as buggy as kloxo.. I seem to be getting permission errors and even upgrading to the free premium trial it seems the scripts don't install correctly!!

Anyone else share the same experience?

I've been using Webuzo for some time now (a year maybe?) and never had the issues you've mentioned.

• Thread necromancy I say!