Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Important Security Update: Reset your Drupal.org Password
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Important Security Update: Reset your Drupal.org Password

Dear community member,

We respect the privacy of your information, which is why, as a precautionary measure, we are writing to let you know about an incident that involves your personal information. The Drupal.org Security and Infrastructure Teams have discovered unauthorized access to account information on Drupal.org and groups.drupal.org. Information exposed includes usernames, email addresses, and country information, as well as hashed passwords. However, we are still investigating the incident and may learn about other types of information compromised, in which case we will notify you accordingly.

This unauthorized access was made via third-party software installed on the Drupal.org server infrastructure, and was not the result of a vulnerability within the Drupal software itself. This notice applies specifically to user account data stored on Drupal.org and groups.drupal.org, and not to sites running Drupal generally.

We have implemented additional security measures designed to prevent the recurrence of such an attack, and to protect the privacy of our community members.

The next time you attempt to log into your account, you will be required to create a new password.

Below are steps you can take to further protect your personal information online. We encourage you to take preventative measures now to help prevent and detect the misuse of your information.

First, we recommend as a precaution that you change or reset passwords on other sites where you may use similar passwords, even though all passwords on Drupal.org are stored salted and hashed. All Drupal.org passwords are both hashed and salted, although some older passwords on groups.drupal.org were not salted. To make your password stronger:

• Do not use passwords that are simple words or phrases
  • Never use the same password on multiple sites or services
  • Use different types of characters in your password (uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols).

Second, be cautious if you receive emails asking for your personal information and be on the lookout for unwanted spam. It is not our practice to request personal information by email. Also, beware of emails that threaten to close your account if you do not take the "immediate action" of providing personal information.

For more information, please review the security announcement and FAQ at https://drupal.org/news/130529SecurityUpdate. If you find any reason to believe that your information has been accessed by someone other than yourself, please contact the Drupal Association immediately, by sending an email to [email protected].

We regret that this incident has occurred and want to assure you we are working hard to improve security.

Thank you,
Holly Ross
Drupal Association Executive Director

Comments

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited May 2013

More and more sites I use get hacked lately. Damn annoying...

• Thanks, I just reset mine.

• LeeLee Veteran

@Negan said:
    Thanks, I just reset mine.

You're a number of years late.

• @Lee said:

@Negan said:

You're a number of years late.

There's slow, and then there's DAMN SLOW.

When I saw Spirit as the first post I was like "Jiggaw-oh.."

• Lee said: You're a number of years late.

Funny, your mother just told me she was late.

• LeeLee Veteran

@Negan said:

Lee said: You're a number of years late.

Funny, your mother just told me she was late.

So you drag up a thread from more than 4 years ago then resort to insults, classy cunt.

Thanked by 2Nekki WSS
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

It's called having PMS.

• @deank said:
    It's called having PMS.

That's not "late". In fact, that's the opposite of "late". You're thinking of menopause, which Negan is obviously in the throes of.

• @Negan said:

• Lee said: So you drag up a thread from more than 4 years ago then resort to insults, classy cunt.

Great comment. That was about as useful as a fingerless eunuch during a fuck fest in February.

• LeeLee Veteran

Negan said: Great comment. That was about as useful as a fingerless eunuch during a fuck fest in February.

Oh dear, did someone tell you to clean your room and this is how you handle it?

• Lee said: Oh dear, did someone tell you to clean your room and this is how you handle it?

Are you asking me out? I mean it's okay I suppose. I just don't know if this is the right venue.

This discussion has been closed.