Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
CityNetwork .nu campaign ($0.25)
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

CityNetwork .nu campaign ($0.25)

FiddeFidde Member
edited March 2017 in General

CitySites is running a campaign with cheap .nu-domains for 1SEK or $0.25:

https://www.citysites.se/ (Swedish)

https://www.citysites.eu/ (English)

Terms here:
https://www.citysites.eu/promotions/get-your-nu-domain-now-0-25-only/

I'm not affiliated with CitySites/CityNetwork :)

Comments

  • Price is for 1 year, renewal looks to be $15.49.

  • They're terrible. If you go with them, you're going to have a bad time.

    9-5 support/billing/sales their time. Tickets go on for days.

    Stupid possibly country specific cancellation terms like you have to submit a cancellation request in writing when we're accustomed to clicking cancel in WHMCS. They'll keep billing as they save your info.

    If you want to play a trick on a friend or somebody you hate, give them the link

    Thanked by 2switsys dedipromo

    How to clean up a questionable reputation: throw the kids some BF/CM offers.

  • ehabehab Member

    what i disliked is they want the payment with card, leave for others.

    Thanked by 1doughmanes
    • do not prepay > 1 year and check for reviews/support
    • only use monthly from a provider operating < 1 year 🍆
  • FiddeFidde Member
    edited March 2017

    @ehab said:
    what i disliked is they want the payment with card, leave for others.

    You can pay with PayPal :)

    @doughmanes said:
    They're terrible. If you go with them, you're going to have a bad time.

    9-5 support/billing/sales their time. Tickets go on for days.

    Stupid possibly country specific cancellation terms like you have to submit a cancellation request in writing when we're accustomed to clicking cancel in WHMCS. They'll keep billing as they save your info.

    If you want to play a trick on a friend or somebody you hate, give them the link

    With .se & .nu domains, transfers are free and if automated at the new provider, takes minutes. You can move the domain to any .nu registrar with better support, etc if you wish. There is a option to disable auto renew in the control panel:

    @HackedServer said:
    Price is for 1 year, renewal looks to be $15.49.

    You can move the domain to any other registrar with cheaper renewal if you wish to keep the domain.

    Thanked by 1zrunner
  • doughmanesdoughmanes Member
    edited March 2017

    Fidde said: With .se & .nu domains, transfers are free and if automated at the new provider, takes minutes. You can move the domain to any .nu registrar with better support, etc if you wish.

    I'm always here for a "told you so" confirmation when you get screwed over too. If they can't get hosting right, feel free to waste your time with a baited offer with them

    How to clean up a questionable reputation: throw the kids some BF/CM offers.

  • FiddeFidde Member

    @doughmanes said:

    Fidde said: With .se & .nu domains, transfers are free and if automated at the new provider, takes minutes. You can move the domain to any .nu registrar with better support, etc if you wish.

    I'm always here for a "told you so" confirmation when you get screwed over too. If they can't get hosting right, feel free to waste your time with a baited offer with them

    The registrar terms for .se & .nu says that the registrar is not allowed to deny access to the domain, so if you wish to move it to another registrar, they are not allowed to stop you. :)

    I don't think you'll have that problem though, there is an option to generate and send your AUTH-code in the control panel.

    Either change name servers or transfer the domain to another registrar if you're afraid of getting screwed over.

    Thanked by 1zrunner
  • doughmanesdoughmanes Member
    edited March 2017

    Are you sure you're not an employee? I put up all the red flags a reasonable person would consider and you're continuing to push this.

    Thanked by 1ehab

    How to clean up a questionable reputation: throw the kids some BF/CM offers.

  • FiddeFidde Member

    @doughmanes said:
    Are you sure you're not an employee? I put up all the red flags a reasonable person would consider and you're continuing to push this.

    Actually I was employed for ~1 day by City Network (I was supposed to work for Fragnet, which they own) but I quit before starting because of an offer from my, at the time, current employer. This was last summer, and since the only ties to them is being a customer :)

    Also, I think my current employer would not appreciate if I worked for multiple hosting companies. You are of course allowed to make whatever assumptions you want, I won't stop you.

  • I can't speak directly for services under the citysites brand, but i been a co-location customer of citynetwork (parent company, they didn't even have the offspring citysites back then) since 2010, i have done visits to the DC in Karlskrona (headquarters) multiples times as i now have multiple machine located there with them.

    The few times i had to dealt with support (i got 15 tickets since 2010) they been somewhat slow but it has often had to do with me needing "Level 2 support" and they work 9-5 weekdays.

    The times i visit them physically they been very welcoming, chitchatting and always able to work things/idea out with me.

  • easyeasy Member

    someone got link to their TOS or legal agreements?

    my datamedia company

  • FiddeFidde Member

    @easy said:
    someone got link to their TOS or legal agreements?

    The link seems to be broken for the English TOS, but here is the Swedish version, it just basically says, use their services with common sense and don't hold them liable for anything, just like any other TOS ;)

Sign In or Register to comment.