Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's the current top UK VPS provider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who's the current top UK VPS provider

n1kkon1kko Member
edited March 2017 in Providers

Trying to find out who is currently the UK top VPS provider from the likes of LInode, Vultr etc etc.

Comments

• @clouvider will sort you out.

No-compromises NVME ssd vds https://www.clouvider.co.uk/uk-virtual-dedicated-servers-sale

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • not only will 'sort him out' but charge him way more than the others mentioned.

I believe Vultr and DigitalOcean give out free credits so try them. Vultr has a 512MB SSD KVM for 2.50 usd per month that is a pretty sweet deal.

Thanked by 2Maounique switsys
  • @vimalware said:
    @clouvider will sort you out.

No-compromises NVME ssd vds https://www.clouvider.co.uk/uk-virtual-dedicated-servers-sale

I don't mean to be rude however this does not make then the best UK provider, @clouvider, however, do have an amazing reputation for hosting and I can say from experience they have a great network and support. but its not just the nvme drives that make them good.

when it comes to the best UK provider its a hard thing to say as there are so many companies offering hosting in the UK.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @n1kko If you don't need dedicated core vps and prefer 4 shared cores, you could wait a bit for InceptionHosting ssd-kvm (coming soon?) in Enfield UK. (same great network as Clouvider).

ServersNV (InceptionHosting brand) also has some nice yearlies on ssd-cached hardware there . Tagging @AnthonySmith .

Else, if price is #1, Arubacloud UK in equinix London is fantastic, performance and price wise, on their 1gb 1euro plan.

Build your own redundancy though.

All recommendations on this thread are going to be incredibly subjective based on commenters' experience.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

+1 @clouvider has a strong reputation.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2017

vimalware said: Else, if price is #1, Arubacloud UK in equinix London is fantastic, performance and price wise, on their 1gb 1euro plan.

+1

It always amazes me how people cant read even a one-liner post:

UK top VPS provider from the likes of LInode, Vultr etc etc.

I think aruba comes close to them.

Thanked by 1Xei
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Thanks @vimalware for the mention, the current UK Inception Hosting KVM/OVZ is also SSD cached.

@Clouvider is top notch, I have used the VM's there is a clear performance edge, you pay the extra for the HA/redundancy it is actual enterprize grade.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • JonesJones Member

@clouvider is top notch

+1
    great network and support

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Thank you very much for recommending us here @vimalware @piohost @Ikoula @AnthonySmith @Jones! =)!

Happy to help @n1kko as always if you have any questions!

@JoeMerit - please double check - all except the smallest packages, are significantly cheaper per GB of memory than say Vultr and naturally NVMe vs standard SSD performance is non-comparable.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
  • I'm with onepoundwebhosting and they rock.

Thanked by 2vimalware ucxo
  • Use simplyhosting.com Speed and performance not a bad.

• @kt providing a great service at https://iniz.com/ offering SSD/KVM/OpenVZ in UK with Voxility Ddos protection and now they are also offering Singapore location.

I have been using INIZ for more thn 2 years now and never faced any big issue while minor issues are fixed within a couple of hours and sometime even less thn an hour. You don't have to wait for days to get a ticket reply from them they are quick!

• @niceboy said:
    I'm with onepoundwebhosting and they rock.

Second this. Rock solid xen+hvm.

Won't be super cheap but you get more support than you pay for.

Level3 transit is the icing on the cake.

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • n1kkon1kko Member
    edited March 2017

Well I grabbed a Dedicated KVM slice from @francisco LU location and I must say it seems to be the fastest server I've had. Most my sites are WP and since moving them load times are so much better according to gtmetrix & pingdom.

Thanked by 2vimalware Francisco
  • n1kko said: Dedicated KVM slice LU location

Talking about UK location, isn't? Spam advertising?

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • I have used AboveClouds.co.uk from @Jacob and it seemed quite good. I recommend it, even though it uses OpenVZ.

• n1kkon1kko Member

@jenkki said:

n1kko said: Dedicated KVM slice LU location

Talking about UK location, isn't? Spam advertising?

Advertising ... WTF I've been trying various providers over the las few days and got just as good ping times from LU and for a lower price!

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited March 2017

n1kko said: Advertising

FYI did you read a topic at least? Its about best provider in United Kingdom

BuyVM you advertise has nothing in UK, did you recognize it?

@n1kko don't feed the trolls.

Thanked by 1n1kko
  • AnthonySmith said: AnthonySmith

Really? He told about incorrect location for this topic. He advertise link to offer and tag to owner.

That a question who are trolling? lol. :)

edited March 2017

Well he has been here a long time, its his thread, UK/LU ping difference is not that big, he decided to compromise, what made you think it was OK to accuse him of being a shill?

Your asking him if he read his own topic? pretty silly.

Maybe just a misunderstanding.

Thanked by 4file n1kko Francisco WSS
  • JonesJones Member

@Clouvider said:
    Thank you very much for recommending us here @vimalware @piohost @Ikoula @AnthonySmith @Jones! =)!

Happy to help @n1kko as always if you have any questions!

@JoeMerit - please double check - all except the smallest packages, are significantly cheaper per GB of memory than say Vultr and naturally NVMe vs standard SSD performance is non-comparable.

This will not let you release a big discount promotion, haha just kidding!

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • AnthonySmith said: UK/LU ping difference is not that big

There nothing about ping (but questionable) this topic exactly about best provider in UK If you best friends or drink yesterday together that your deals, not need push bullshit as truth to others for that reason

edited March 2017

jenkki said: There nothing about ping (but questionable) this topic exactly about best provider in UK If you best friends or drink yesterday together that your deals, not need push bullshit as truth to others for that reason

calm down son, it is not a big conspiracy, it is what it is, he wanted the best he could get in the UK it seems due to latency, found LU was acceptable latency, went with BuyVM, end of story.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@AnthonySmith Once upon a time, there was a wise man who said: "don't feed the trolls."

• AnthonySmith said: found LU was acceptable latency

You're not a right. but you know about it.

brueggus said: brueggus

you too

• I was drink yesterday with these guys

https://cloud-layer.net/micro-vps-hosting/

jenkki said: You're not a right. but you know about it.

Okay then.

brueggus said: @AnthonySmith Once upon a time, there was a wise man who said: "don't feed the trolls."

Thanks, its funny how you do not realize you are doing it until someone points it out :)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@n1kko said:
    Well I grabbed a Dedicated KVM slice from @francisco LU location and I must say it seems to be the fastest server I've had. Most my sites are WP and since moving them load times are so much better according to gtmetrix & pingdom.

Thanks for the feedback and the signup :)

Francisco

Thanked by 1n1kko