Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where to buy cheap Kaspersky or Eset AntiVirus?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Where to buy cheap Kaspersky or Eset AntiVirus?

Hi,

Just bought a new Windows PC and want to buy a license from a good Anti-Virus like Kaspersky or Eset (Nod32).

Sometimes this brands make special promotions, so does anyone knows if there is any current promotion or a shop where I can find cheap licences?

Thanks

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

I have no idea where you are located, but NewEgg in the US sends at least 4 different "Free (or nearly free) after Rebate" Kaspersky specials a year. You are stuck waiting 4-6 months for your $40 back, though.

People who buy these and get them often resell unused codes cheaply on Amazon, but I don't necessarily recommend purchasing that way.

• @WSS said:
    I have no idea where you are located.

Im located in EU.

• g2a.com maybe?

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    g2a.com maybe?

Did not know that website. It seems to have excellent prices... Did anyone had good experiences buying there?

• maldoviamaldovia Member
    edited March 2017

@nqservices said:

@TheOnlyDK said:
    g2a.com maybe?

Did not know that website. It seems to have excellent prices... Did anyone had good experiences buying there?

I've bought 1 or 2 things there, worked fine

• saf31saf31 Member

Till you find a good offer for Kaspersky/eset you can try fsecure. Currently there is a 6 months promotional offer https://campaigns.f-secure.com/safe/sterntv/de_DE/index.html?ecid=8817&adcid=8817 . For comparing antivirus I think av-comparatives is most reliable. https://chart.av-comparatives.org/chart1.php

• mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2017

G2A/Kinguin

Edit: G2A is great; I've bought a few items from there and they sponsor Pewds but at the same time if you ever have problems with an order Kinguin support would be much faster and easier to deal with.

Pavin.

Thanked by 2k0nsl netomx
  • Bought about 20 items from G2A. No problems :)

• XeiXei Member

I know Kaspersky is supposed to have incorporated good solutions in their products which prevent ransomware. No idea how effective, but it is some sort of behavioral/heuristics monitoring I think.

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

Before buying and installing antivirus question your-self: does it really necessary? Maybe common sense + backups would be enough?

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • Hello ,
    I have one Kaspersky Total Security for 1 devices
    I Kaspersky sky site It's $39.95 , I give it 26 USD if want it Please call me .
    Thanks

• I have done lots of testing of different ransomware virus, like Cerber, Cryptoshield and lots more.
    If you have an updated Windows computer with Defender, it will catch virus like that. But if your computer is not updated, the virus can slip in.

Tested it some paid and some free AV also, and etc Avast Free is protecting 100% against ransomware.
    Also tested AVG Free, with the same result.

So you really don't need to have a paid AV to be safe. Personally I use Defender with Malwarebytes as extra protection. Of course the paid version. Free versions of Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware etc do not catch ransomware virus, since they do not have continues protection.

• MalinMalin Member

I go to my local Carrefour or similar hypermarket and get those cheap from there. They always have something discounted, even the renewals.

• I absolutely loath G2A. I dont have a problem at all with grey-market resellers, but G2A is such a pain to actually use.

• No, I dont want your shitty insurance, I expect you to refund me anyway when you give me non-working codes.
    • No, I seriously dont want your shitty insurance
    • Yes, please let me actually pay. (no shit, I tried once to buy a game there and I could not get G2A to actually process a payment)

Its just a bloated piece of shit. I just get so fucking angry everytime I try to use G2A.

Thanked by 2biphobe desperand
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited March 2017

I always renew my 90€ Norton at black friday.. last time it costed me just 12.90€ after conversing 20 mins on the livechat asking for different offers as a "recurring customer".

While I do trust G2A, i'd rather buy directly from the company or via trustable seller (eg amazon). I get all my steam games from G2A though since I can lie my country of origin and buy as "business" to get cheap games without even paying the VAT. It's cheaper already with VAT, but when you don't have to pay even that, it's already a ludicrous price.

Im EU customer.

• FYI is you have Newegg promotional e-mails sent to you/ have a Newegg.com account they have a current promotion on ESET NOD32 Antivirus 2017 - 1 PC for $14.99 w/ Promo Code EMCRDBR56. I am not sure if the codes are account specific/require you to get the promotional e-mail to use it, but is a pretty good deal on a single license.

Cheers!

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Amazon - the best price for any antivirus.

• 56gomez56gomez Member
    edited March 2017

dont use eset and kasper these are really low quality antivirus. they can bypass with little tricks. use avira if you wanna protect yourself.

• easyeasy Member

@56gomez can you upload to virus total.com, infected file that can bypass eset but got caught by avira..

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@MagicalTrain said:
    I absolutely loath G2A...

Reminded me of the 11-step headache to unsubscribe from g2a shield - imgur.com/gallery/PUwPC. Of which you can only unsubscribe from two days before renewal. Talk about scummy business practices.

• 56gomez56gomez Member
    edited March 2017

@easy said:
    @56gomez can you upload to virus total.com, infected file that can bypass eset but got caught by avira..

Sure but not with virustotal.com because they share information to antivirus companies

prntscr.com/eikpdx
    prnt.sc/eikpto

Thanked by 1easy
  • saibalsaibal Member
    edited March 2017

56gomez said: Sure but not with virustotal.com because they share information to antivirus companies

prntscr.com/eikpdx prnt.sc/eikpto

From your screenshot it seems all antivirus failed except Avira. Could be a false positive.

TR/Dropper.Gen is well known malware. There were reports of it being distributed with Steam games once, later determined to be false positives. Did you try scanning with Malwarebytes?

More importantly do you have other samples that only Avira could detect?

• @MagicalTrain said:
    I absolutely loath G2A. I dont have a problem at all with grey-market resellers, but G2A is such a pain to actually use.

• No, I dont want your shitty insurance, I expect you to refund me anyway when you give me non-working codes.
    • Yes, please let me actually pay. (no shit, I tried once to buy a game there and I could not get G2A to actually process a payment)

If G2A is the same style as Kinguin, it works like this:

The codes are not sold by the site, but by sellers (like Ebay). Sellers have various trust levels. The insurance means that instead of trying your luck with the seller, the site handles that.

As you can imagine, sites like this are a magnet for all kinds of fraud, especially since items can be resold (think cc fraud). So they need to be extra careful with payments.

• @deadbeef said:

@MagicalTrain said:
    I absolutely loath G2A. I dont have a problem at all with grey-market resellers, but G2A is such a pain to actually use.

If G2A is the same style as Kinguin, it works like this:

The codes are not sold by the site, but by sellers (like Ebay). Sellers have various trust levels. The insurance means that instead of trying your luck with the seller, the site handles that.

As you can imagine, sites like this are a magnet for all kinds of fraud, especially since items can be resold (think cc fraud). So they need to be extra careful with payments.

I understand how it works, but I still expect them to deliver me a working product. Either they do and all is dandy, or I expect a refund. If I dont get one, I will chargeback my money. (which luckily I have not had to do so far, then again, I mostly go with cdkeys.com, as they include VAT (I dislike websites that dont include it in the price) and are a more straightforward way to buy things. )

• @saibal said:

56gomez said: Sure but not with virustotal.com because they share information to antivirus companies

prntscr.com/eikpdx prnt.sc/eikpto

From your screenshot it seems all antivirus failed except Avira. Could be a false positive.

TR/Dropper.Gen is well known malware. There were reports of it being distributed with Steam games once, later determined to be false positives. Did you try scanning with Malwarebytes?

More importantly do you have other samples that only Avira could detect?

files infected with my virus and i Encrypted with my packer. only avira see these. these picture for this.

Also i dont need to prove it. I just give advice for security. they are low quality easy to make undetected. i waste my years in this sector. it was my hobby.

Thank you.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • WSSWSS Member

pklite-lzexe-diet-exepack.txt.vbs.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • Awesome Song uploaded by [U+202e]3pm.SCR

• i buy from local big marketplace, kaspersky total security for 3 pc license ~$14 / year

• I bought Kaspersky Internet Security 1 PC 3 years license at 12$ from Amazon

• saf31saf31 Member

Security always should be layered. It should start with dns like comodo or norton dns. Then isolation of the browser from the system with somethimg like sandbox.ie . Then add one anti exploit like emet. Windowes firewall should be always on and properly configured. And last one standalone antivirus, I don't like security suite because most of the addons are completely useless like antispam or parental control. If you are more paranoid add one hips to this like comodo or exe radar pro.