Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SolusVM 1.20.0 released - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SolusVM 1.20.0 released

Comments

• Hey it's SolusVM 2

JK I'm glad it's not a copy of virtkick tbh

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2017

I've been testing the Virtuozzo Linux 7 implementation for several hours and I'm shocked. I don't understand how a company of the size of OnAPP can include updates in its production repository with so many failures. With this development quality, it is not surprising that any day we meet with new 0-days.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • All,

I appreciate the feedback, however we need additional details on what you're seeing. Please submit any bugs or issues you're seeing to our helpdesk so the team can properly investigate.

We have thoroughly gone through the feedback and believe there may be some confusion.

1.) The first time an operating system is selected OpenVZ needs to convert the template to a new OpenVZ7 template. Each time that same operating system is selected in the future, it will use that converted templated. This is all done on the OpenVZ side and is not SolusVM specific functionality.

2.) When you deploy a OpenVZ7 template, you will receive messaging about some functionality being deprecated. We can remove these, however it means you cannot then migrate from OpenVZ6 to OpenVZ7.

I hope this helps. We do appreciate feedback. Using the helpdesk is easiest, as we can then see the 'whole picture' to provide the necessary information to the developers.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@raindog308 said:
    I think we need an official LowEndTalk Solus 2 Release Datead pool.

corrected that for you.

Thanked by 1JackH
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2017

OnApp_Terry said: 1.) The first time an operating system is selected OpenVZ needs to convert the template to a new OpenVZ7 template. Each time that same operating system is selected in the future, it will use that converted templated. This is all done on the OpenVZ side and is not SolusVM specific functionality.

Which means the templates then will not work on vz6+simfs leaving us back at the issue of having to maintain 2 sets of templates with no way to distinguish between them.

Or are you suggesting it will convert back and forth as needed, if so.. what are you smoking, why go through all that effort rather than maintain a set of fully compatible templates for each?

Also that is going to get VERY messy when someone orders multiple servers at once.

OnApp_Terry said: 2.) When you deploy a OpenVZ7 template, you will receive messaging about some functionality being deprecated. We can remove these, however it means you cannot then migrate from OpenVZ6 to OpenVZ7.

No you do not, you don't see any message, it just tells you the container was deployed, nothing actually happens though.

OnApp_Terry said: We have thoroughly gone through the feedback and believe there may be some confusion.

Your right there, deffinatley unnecessarily confusing.

Tickets regarding the svmstack-fpm were put in a long time ago, yet you are still releasing a broken installer.

VAL-602736

Last update: 27th September 2016 from your outsourced support.

"I am going to forward your ticket to our Senior Admin for further assistance on this. Please await their reply."

edit: oh god, i'm doing it again, I am going to make a real effort not to bother getting involved, its just a source of pointless frustration and the outcome never changes, its nothing personal Terry, but someone is clearly feeding you a quart of horse shit and you don't know any better than to swallow it.

• @AnthonySmith said:

OnApp_Terry said: 1.) The first time an operating system is selected OpenVZ needs to convert the template to a new OpenVZ7 template. Each time that same operating system is selected in the future, it will use that converted templated. This is all done on the OpenVZ side and is not SolusVM specific functionality.

The templates will continue to work. They're converted on the hypervisor.

The issues related to php-fpm has been fixed.

edited March 2017

@OnApp_Terry said:
    All,

I appreciate the feedback, however we need additional details on what you're seeing. Please submit any bugs or issues you're seeing to our helpdesk so the team can properly investigate.

It's frustrating to pay to become beta tester.

3 tickets done:

NCT-849920 - [Virtuozzo 7] - Errors on CT creation

NMU-941055 - [Virtuozzo 7] - Reinstall not run

DKA-288801 - [Virtuozzo 7] - Custom CT templates

edited March 2017

OnApp_Terry said: The templates will continue to work. They're converted on the hypervisor.

why?

If I test this and that is not true or it causes some other issue are you going to give me £100 ?

I think you should revert the release and stop treating us like shit, get your house in order, then release again.

edited March 2017

OnApp_Terry said: The issues related to php-fpm has been fixed.

Confirmed, just ran through an install, not sure why something that clearly took no time to fix has been without action for 5 months but I suppose if I knew that we would know the root of all of the problems.

Containers still fail to deploy.

• MaherMaher Member

Been using SolusVM and it has been a bad journey, especially when it comes to KVM Virtualization.
    Switching to Virtualizor.

@Maher said:
    Been using SolusVM and it has been a bad journey, especially when it comes to KVM Virtualization.
    Switching to Virtualizor.

i'm right behind you when @Virtualizor sort out the haproxy integration, only waiting for convenience at this point.

• IshaqIshaq Member

@Virtualizor gave us a good price for a decent amount of nodes, I think we'll be moving over at least for now.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • WSSWSS Member

It's a shame that @Virtualizor is so pug-fugly, but at least it works.

• IshaqIshaq Member

@WSS said:

Yeah. The interface needs a new lick of paint.

So, it's just to say, when Phill takes a ticket, we can keep calm, because the resolution it will be done.
    The 3 tickets that I opened are fixed.
    Thanks @solusvm

• OnApp_TerryOnApp_Terry Member
    edited March 2017

Guys if you have problems, please file a ticket. As you can see in this thread, we're very happy to help - Phill spent a few hours solving @jmginer's issue, which ended up not being a direct SolusVM issue.

We can get things solved and most importantly, we can ensure the same bug is not an issue in the next release of SVM.

• I wouldnt call it ugly, but definitely not beautiful either. No idea if its on the providers Ive been with, but Virtualizor generally does seem to load slower for me though. (page load times etc)

• AnthonySmith said: What a disastrous release, you guys should be embarrassed, there is absolutely no way this has been tested before release, certainly not from start to finish or by anyone that can tie their own shoe laces.

That's why it's in mainline branch - my guess for this is that they are waiting for people to test/QA for them. Only then they will park it to "stable" branch, meaning anything in mainline is not stable. :)

Purely my personal guess.

• IshaqIshaq Member

@SolusVM

PRU-502181

SMTP does not work in the latest stable 1.18.06. We had to switch to mainline for it to be fixed.

Thanked by 1OnApp_Terry
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@WSS said:

It's pretty easy to change the whmcs module to your liking.
    That way the client never has to visit the panel.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Thanked by 2WSS BeardyUnixGuy

eLohkCalb said: That's why it's in mainline branch - my guess for this is that they are waiting for people to test/QA for them. Only then they will park it to "stable" branch, meaning anything in mainline is not stable. :)

Purely my personal guess.

Stable is not really 'stable' it has more bugs in than you could count, mainline is now considered stable with less bugs and there is a separate beta as well at upcp 3.

They are only seeming to push updates to mainline now, certainly for the last few security issues they called 'improvements' anyway

• BeardyUnixGuyBeardyUnixGuy Member
    edited March 2017

OnApp_Terry said: Guys if you have problems, please file a ticket.

Outsource the UAT and QA testing to paying clients.. like boss! :-)

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2017

at least two issues are hasn't been fixed in current version of SolusVM:

• IP Bandwidth Usage - shows RX: 0 KB TX: 0 KB Total: 0 KB (never seen working)
    • Option to delete several IPv4 and IPv6 addresses, as if we need to delete 25-50 IPv6 or IPv4 addresses, need to click one by one, as someone in development team never thought about various tasks as hosting provider?
  • YuraYura Member

@WSS said:

?!%&!?! PUGS ARE CUTE!

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

OnApp_Terry said: Guys if you have problems, please file a ticket.

we tried before and found it pointless.

• WSSWSS Member

@Yura said:

@WSS said:

?!%&!?! PUGS ARE CUTE!

Thanked by 1Yura
  • YuraYura Member

@WSS, she is camera shy, that's it. I didn't know you are so shallow. But ok here is a drop dead gorgeous lass with a hairstyle you always fell for

• WSSWSS Member

It's the fake boobs. That's what caused me to crack. The boobs.

Thanked by 1JackH
  • AnthonySmith said: There are 2 ways to respond to that.

I don't understand the point of being half hearted with the future of solus. if they are not interested, why not just kill it immediately so we could all move on