Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi flash sale 9-3-2017 - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi flash sale 9-3-2017

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

@yolo_me said:
    Is this up? becaues it's already March 9 in france time.

No.

• sinsin Member
    edited March 2017

@fan said:

@datanoise said:

teamacc said: Ran a few outbound tests using iperf from RBX4, all showed 30mbit/s to the USA. From GRA1 I got 90+mbit/s

Interesting, did several outbound tests with no problem, slow bandwidth is only for single threaded inbound. (which is not a problem for applications using several threads though, it's still possible to max out the link that way)

Strange that everyone seems to have a different problem. Would be way simpler (and more logic) if a whole rack or dc room had the same issue!

My problem is with download/inbound only, and I got very similar response from Kimsufi support staff.

I'm suspicious if they are actually looking into the problem, their tech did some iperf tests with my server and from the logs the inbound bandwidth of the server was like 40~50mbps max, and guess what, they told me their admin found no problems and I can use the server normally. Now they are back "investigating" the issue after I sent them iperf results from multiple servers outside of the OVH network.

lol sounds like what I went through awhile back with them over the shitty network speeds. They said the had a idea what was causing the issue but then wouldn't respond again on Twitter when I asked for an update and Kimsufi just fell back to repeatedly saying "There's no updates yet" until I finally canceled. This was back in August 2016.

The last thing their engineer said to me was "We might have an idea about what is the issue but the fix will not be easy. Ill keep you inform of our next step."

• sibylsibyl Member

Not as good as a online.net sale 6.99€ one.

• @sibyl said:

when? and where?

• @yolo_me said:

@sibyl said:

when? and where?

long gone, mate, long gone.

• @WSS said:

@yolo_me said:

>

No.

>

You know what time they will go up?

• YuraYura Member

@yolo_me said:

@WSS said:

@yolo_me said:

>

No.

>

No

• WSSWSS Member

@yolo_me said:

@WSS said:

@yolo_me said:

>

No.

>

Sorry, I'm only apprentice to the white devil that controls everything.

• kimsufi need identity validation right?

• YuraYura Member

@extremez said:
    kimsufi need identity validation right?

Yes

• WSSWSS Member
    edited March 2017

@yolo_me said:

@WSS said:

@yolo_me said:

>

No.

>

@extremez said:
    kimsufi need identity validation right?

• YuraYura Member

In Bit We Trust

Thanked by 1WSS
  • And........ Sold out :/ Came up for 60 seconds, didn't even get through checkout

• WSSWSS Member

Well, at least they have the shopping cart functionality back again..

• @bohdans said:
    And........ Sold out :/ Came up for 60 seconds, didn't even get through checkout

are you serious? What time did it go live??

• Lol, wasn't sure if it was supposed to up today or not. Sounds like it would have been important to already have a KS account logged in and ready to buy and checkout.

• WSSWSS Member

They haven't tweeted anything yet.

• Maybe it was a blip or mistake.

• Flash sale is advertised on the Kimsufi site now, "see you 9/3". I'm basically meh about it. I'm surely better off with a Hetzner 2tb Storagebox at 10 euro/mo with raid and no setup fee. But an 8 euro dedi is hard to resist even if it's an Atom. What to do, what to do.

• WSSWSS Member

The only saving grace is that it's a 4GB w/ 2TB. If it was a 2/1, it wouldn't even be worth reloading the page.

Thanked by 1willie
  • XeiXei Member
    edited March 2017

I have no issues at RBX5. My current doesn't expire til Sept 2017 so I'll probably hold out for something else like a Dedibox sale probably... or maybe there will be better specced boxes in the next flash sale to follow?

• Xei said: Dedibox sale

Those are far and few between. Small ones sell out instantly and the larger ones are maybe 1x a year? Regular observers here might have better info.

• williewillie Member
    edited March 2017

Well it's 9/3 even in California now, and https://www.kimsufi.com/en/servers.xml?flash still says "see you on the 09/03/2017". Hmmm....

WSS said:

The only saving grace is that it's a 4GB w/ 2TB. If it was a 2/1, it wouldn't even be worth reloading the page.

Dunno that the 4gb ram matters much given the slow cpu. Is there more to do with it than just storage, that can use the ram?

• 4ent04ent0 Member

flash sale where are you?:(

when researching twitter i discovered there was some flash sale before last year which started at 15:00 (gmt+1). We need to wait :/ (and keep refreshing)

• and its been and gone...
    i went out for 30mins and missed it...

• 4ent04ent0 Member

i > @seaeagle said:

and its been and gone...
    i went out for 30mins and missed it...

not sure if the flash sale even started, it showed the "Too late!" since tuesday

• ehabehab Member

HAHA HAHAH haha HHAHAH ahah ... excuse me .. funny kimsufi following online steps.

• Im fairly sure it did... my page was showing 9/3/2017 all day and then it switched to too late after I went and hacked some ingress portals...

• 4ent04ent0 Member

calm down guys and keep refreshing, asked OVH_DE about it, they replied few seconds ago ---> https://mobile.twitter.com/ovh_de/status/839756647350353921

Thanked by 1ewrek
  • FalzoFalzo Member
    edited March 2017

last times the announced flash sales started at around 14oo CET if I remember correctly... only on LET some geeks found the order url quite some time before and bought most them before it even started.

PS: most probably https://www.kimsufi.com/en/order/kimsufi.cgi?hard=162sk2