Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for HvH replacement
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for HvH replacement

Hey guys,

I've had some weird issues with HvH and my confidence is wavering with them for running a business. I'm looking for something comparable to these specs and pricing is not a sticking point:

4GB RAM
4x vCPU
300GB HDD Space
5TB Transfer
100Mbps Uplink
1x IPv4

$5.00/mo

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Yeah, I can see why they'd have problems delivering on that.

Gotta bump that budget a fair bit.

Francisco

• The budget isn't set in stone. I've got a couple of these packages that I could let go for a overall budget of $20-$30/mo

• Did you miss a $0 off that price?

• No it was an offer they had here. They probably should've specified not for production use.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@thedawn2009 are you looking for something in the same location?

@thedawn2009 said:
    The budget isn't set in stone. I've got a couple of these packages that I could let go for a overall budget of $20-$30/mo

I still think you'll be tight on it, especially if you want 300GB of storage. cPanel is $9~$12/month alone.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@thedawn2009 said:
    The budget isn't set in stone. I've got a couple of these packages that I could let go for a overall budget of $20-$30/mo

I still think you'll be tight on it, especially if you want 300GB of storage. cPanel is $9~$12/month alone.

Francisco

Don't need cPanel. I use Webmin for management. DDoS protection would be nice to have though.

@thedawn2009 said:

@Francisco said:

@thedawn2009 said:

Francisco

Don't need cPanel. I use Webmin for management. DDoS protection would be nice to have though.

How married are you to the diskspace? Or is it just a 'nice thing to have'.

Short and skinny is that we have our KVM slices that are pretty ballin' but you'd be trimmed back to 150GB of space or so. You'd have 8GB and 2 dedicated 3.5Ghz CPU threads though! And unmetered transit.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@thedawn2009 said:

@Francisco said:

@thedawn2009 said:

Francisco

Short and skinny is that we have our KVM slices that are pretty ballin' but you'd be trimmed back to 150GB of space or so. You'd have 8GB and 2 dedicated 3.5Ghz CPU threads though! And unmetered transit.

Francisco

Not super married. If the service is good then I'd likely order more.

@thedawn2009 said:

@Francisco said:

@thedawn2009 said:

@Francisco said:

@thedawn2009 said:

Francisco

Francisco

Not super married. If the service is good then I'd likely order more.

Neat :) Give our slices a check then: https://buyvm.net/kvm-dedicated-server-slices

Much thanks for the interest and best of luck on the hunt.

Francisco

• @HungryVM said:
    @thedawn2009
    You'd want cPanel included? If your happy with any location we can offer it in Germany / Canada.

cPanel is ok, preferably US/Canada. What do you have?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2017

If the UK is of any use I can offer you:

4 CPU Cores (Equal Share - E5v4)
    16 GB Ram (DDR4)
    320 GB Disk space - SAS RAID 10 + 2 x 512GB SSD cachecade.
    6000 GB Bandwidth @ 1 gbit (shared - DDOS protected)
    1 x IPv4 address
    1 x /64 IPv6

€48.00 p/month order link

Looking Glass

The price is 'almost' entirely based on the disk and bandwidth requirement, with 4GB Ram and 85GB Disk and 3TB I can drop the price to €12.00 p/month, or with 8GB Ram, 160GB Disk and 5TB I can drop it to €24.00

Ant.

• bersybersy Member
    edited March 2017

Wishosting - 8GB/300GB for $9/m

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • FalzoFalzo Member

UltraVPS offers Dallas and LA, 4core, 4GB, 200GB at ~$16 (20€-19% VAT outside Europe and 10% off 6 month via ref ;-)
    https://www.ultravps.eu/order/order.pl?cat=cloudserver_ultra&pdid=OB595E46555DO6331C64

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Hello,

You can check our https://incrediblevps.com/ brand. These are based on KVM, RAID10 HDD and DDoS protected IPs are available at additional cost, if it's required. CPU usage is fully dedicated to you, so you can burst for whatever period you like.

• @bersy said:

Not seeing this offer. Perhaps @exception0x876 can shed some light

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@thedawn2009 said:

@bersy said:

Sorry, it went out of stock today.

• @exception0x876 said:

@thedawn2009 said:

@bersy said:

Sorry, it went out of stock today.

Do you have the V-Dedicated Avoton in Kansas or Canada?

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@thedawn2009 said:
    Do you have the V-Dedicated Avoton in Kansas or Canada?

V-Dedicated i5 is available in Canada. Setup time is 24 hours.

• BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

@thedawn2009

I have some dedicated servers that will be in tomorrow that may work for you if you bump the budget a little.

The systems will be

E3-1230v2

8 GB

1 TB Sata

If interested hit me up. We were going to list them for 59/mo or 69 a month have not decided yet But could make you a deal