Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggest me about DNS (need cheap vps for cpanel dnsonly or premium DNS)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Suggest me about DNS (need cheap vps for cpanel dnsonly or premium DNS)

edited March 2017 in Help

Hello all,

i've server with WHM..ussuall i create NS with same ip server.
Now i wan to have NS with other server

suggest me, i must use vps installed cpanel dnsonly or premium DNS from Name Cheap?

//VPS provider, i still wan to try vps for dnsonly cpanel. Just need little/cheap vps

Thank's

Comments

• Cloudflare has a good free option

• thx for reply, but i no need clodflare at this time

• He.net

DNSMadeEasy

• In my case, NS1 (master) + HE (slave).

• @Plioser
    so, NS1 on main server and other server (HE and etc)?

• Jamie_DreamITJamie_DreamIT Member, Host Rep

BuddyNS is a good option too. Note that you do have to pay extra if you want a vanity nameserver

Thanked by 1mindofemanizer
  • mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

DNSMadeEasy is great but it has monthly query limits. Cloudflare and some others don't have any limits on managed DNS which is a plus if you're planning to scale out; one less thing to worry about.

Pavin.

• @mindofemanizer said:
    @Plioser
    so, NS1 on main server and other server (HE and etc)?

Are you talking about host your DNS server?

In my case, for my own "important-mail" domain, I don't want to mess with own hosted DNS server. I'm using NSone as primary DNS server and Hurricane Electric as slave.

• sinsin Member

Cloudflare DNS or HE.net

• WSSWSS Member

Heck, there are a bajillion "do it for me" tools to handle DNS. Webmin/Virtualmin would be perfect for this.

• WSS said: Heck, there are a bajillio...

what specs vps requirred for dns?

• WSSWSS Member

Depends on what tools you need. If you can get by with a lightweight panel, you should easily be able to do it with 1GB RAM/10GB Disk. My suggestion to you would be to setup a middle-end VPS and read some documentation on how to install Virtualmin/WebMin/Vesta/etc, and decide what you like.

• i on think cpanel dns only..is ok?
    and thx for suggest vps for me

• WSSWSS Member

I haven't run CPanel in years. I've read of someone using DNSOnly in a machine with either 512MB or 768MB, but I don't recall. I'm sure someone will be able to tell you otherwise, but CPanel suggests the same specifications as a normal CPanel installation, which obviously isn't quite accurate.

• Premium dns? Go with namecheap, you won't find any cheper and if want free cloudflare.