Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

West Coast Dedicated Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

West Coast Dedicated Server

ThracianDogThracianDog Member
edited March 2017 in Requests

Just a long shot in the dark here but I'm hoping I can find an equivalent or cheaper replacement for my existing server. Here are the specs:

E3-1270V5 (load average 2-4)

32GB

200GB SSD

2TB HDD

5IPv4

5TB@1Gbps

$70/month

I'm averaging 1-2TB (total) per month. I'm willing to do 3 and 6 months terms. No need for DDOS protection. If I missed anything, ask away and I'll fill in the blank.

Thank you kindly for your attention.

Edit: prefer E3 and any version that can support my provided load.

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

What provider is that at? It's a pretty good deal as is.

• @vortexmagnus might have some stock there, but dont hold your breath for a v5 for that price range. Given your load average that seems unnecessary though.

Thanked by 1ThracianDog
  • WSSWSS Member

They've got a L5520 that you can build up to 72GB and 5 IPs in LA, evidently. I'll let @VortexMagnus confirm/deny.

Thanked by 1ThracianDog
  • @teamacc - Totally agreed and that's why I've disclosed my usage. Greatly appreciated for the recommendation.

@WSS - Thanks for the recommendation.

• that was too good deal
    why you move?

• PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep

Pretty good deal, any reason why you moving?

• @permatahost and @PhotonVPS Looking to see if I can cut some cost and a bit higher throughput. I've tested the speed randomly and the fastest I can get is 35MBps from Cachefly and 22MBps from Seattle. Worst case scenario, I can just stay with the provider.

• @ThracianDog said:
    @permatahost and @PhotonVPS Looking to see if I can cut some cost and a bit higher throughput. I've tested the speed randomly and the fastest I can get is 35MBps from Cachefly and 22MBps from Seattle. Worst case scenario, I can just stay with the provider.

If they work well for you why you must move? Cheaper didnt mean better

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2017

If E-1230v2 can work out for you.

• E3-1230v2
    • 32 GB ECC RAM
    • 256 GB SSD + 2TB
    • 10TB/Month @ 1 Gbps burstable
    • /29 IPv4
    • Free DNS Hosting + IPV4 rdns Management
    • 20Gbps DDoS-Shield Mitigation
    • IPMI (remote reboot, console and reload)
    • $69/month
    • Los Angeles DC
      PM Me In stock and ready to go withen 2 hours.
    Thanked by 1simonindia
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

contact IOflood, they will hook you up in Phoenix AZ , do not count inbound bandwidth and will give you 10TB outbound.

• @ThracianDog said:
    @teamacc - Totally agreed and that's why I've disclosed my usage. Greatly appreciated for the recommendation.

@WSS - Thanks for the recommendation.

Indeed, we can do you a Dual L5520 with 72GB RAM within your budget or we also have some E3 v2/v3 stock in Los Angeles within your budget too.

Please get in touch via https://vortexnode.com/contact.php and we'll get you sorted :)