Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need linode japan tokyo 1 vps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I need linode japan tokyo 1 vps

now linode only provide tokyo 2
I need tokyo 1 vps.
PM me.

Comments

• sonicsonic Veteran

tokyo 1 better?

• @Someone said:
    Okay? what?

• YuraYura Member

Conversation in the madhouse.

• Ask Linode?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

If you're stuck on Linode, then yeah, you have to ask Linode.

Vultr is in Tokyo, is cheaper with their new $2.50 plan, and has stock.

• is Tokyo 1and 2 different?

• tokyo 1 seem to do a little bit better in peering to certain place in asia.
    Speaking of which, my Tokyo 2 node just went down.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2017

Tokyo 1 is the pure (premium?) KDDI network and IPs, whereas Tokyo 2 is Linode's own IPs and AS, on a kindergarden porridge of NTT and Tata and whatnot. But they accept no new instances in Tokyo 1, and as people delete theirs one by one over time, it runs at a less and less utilization percentage, and at some point they are likely to end up closing it down and forcibly relocate all customers to Tokyo 2, with IP change.

It wasn't a wise long-term decision from the start to run from the AS and IPs owned by a different provider (KDDI), now they are just rectifying it.

Thanked by 2raindog308 stefeman
  • I have 2 machines not using, but ip blocked in China

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited March 2017

@rm_ said:
    Tokyo 1 is the pure (premium?) KDDI network and IPs, whereas Tokyo 2 is Linode's own IPs and AS, on a kindergarden porridge of NTT and Tata and whatnot. But they accept no new instances in Tokyo 1, and as people delete theirs one by one over time, it runs at a less and less utilization percentage, and at some point they are likely to end up closing it down and forcibly relocate all customers to Tokyo 2, with IP change.

It wasn't a wise long-term decision from the start to run from the AS and IPs owned by a different provider (KDDI), now they are just rectifying it.

Shame really, the KDDI network is great. Their Tokyo 2 network is a fair bit slower and has worse latency to certain parts of Asia that KDDI seems to handle well.