Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Provider Poll Results Q4 2016 - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Top Provider Poll Results Q4 2016

Comments

• @jarland I am really don't care where you worked or working. Is not your business working good enough that you need to work full time ? :DDD Please, don't be funny as child with this kind of sentences. How old are you 15? If you suggest 2GB of RAM it meaning that you slept for last ten years. So, it's great chance to wake up. You can learn something. Especially about market needs.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2017

@mrmoor said:
    @jarland I am really don't care where you worked or working. Is not your business working good enough that you need to work full time ? :DDD Please, don't be funny as child with this kind of sentences. How old are you 15? If you suggest 2GB of RAM it meaning that you slept for last ten years. So, it's great chance to wake up. You can learn something. Especially about market needs.

Well that answers the question of whether or not you are trolling. Oh great one thinks everyone here caps out at 2GB of RAM and has no idea what horizontal scaling is.

Dumb as a box of dildos or trolling, not entirely sure I give a shit which one it is.

To be clear, now I am being rude. Hope you get herpes.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited March 2017

mrmoor said: I am not said that serious projects can be run only to the giant's infrastructure. I am said that it need a lot of resources, especially high amount of RAM which is a key here.

Nice of you. Lack of arguments about your initial comments and an obvious try to change subject not to look like a complete... well, OK, I will not say it again not to hurt your feelings.
    But don't think we are idiots: you said that the poll is not valid because the sample is small and the big companies are missing from the results. And somehow, now you change it saying that serious projects can be run only to the giant;s infrastructures.
    Apples and oranges!
    Of course, Google Search Machine will not run on BuyVM and NASA space program will not rent services from Inception Hosting. Netflix will not rent a server from Ramnode to stream movies all over Europe and NSA will not team up with i-83 for using their infrastructure to crack algorithms.
    But neither NASA or Google are members of this community (as of NSA I am not sure...) nor will ever be in need for best value for money services. In contrast with the vast majority of LET members that are either having the need of hosting some websites or are developers who want a platform for their projects. For them (all of us), Francisco's kvm slices costing 3,5$ do perform way better than 30-40$ similar services from bigger companies and Jarland's MXroute does have better deliverability than google mail with personal messages going to spam folder even when targeting to a... google mailbox!

mrmoor said: Better than pool is checking where for example .NET domains are hosted. It's only 15 millions :) Anyway, better that checking over 130 millions .COM's. And I can tell you who is the winner. Real winner.

So, real winners are all of us using great services for peanuts, than the millions of Godaddy's clients who pays 10$ per month for a shared... "unlimited" hosting stuffed in a server with 1000's more websites!

mrmoor said: For sure results will be very poor, I don't see in sheet players such GoDaddy, BlueHosting and many others which have a big piece in hosting cake. Whether it was deliberate?

Let me FTFY: I don't see in sheet shit players such GoDaddy, BlueHosting and many others which have a big piece in hosting cake

mrmoor said: Please don't waste time on talk with me. Just take care about pool. It's look like something is missing. That's all. That simple.

Being here for only 2 weeks, you accuse the admins of LET that lack of providers like GD and BH was... deliberate. You are so blind and arrogant that you can not even see there is no any "pool" of providers, but each member votes for whatever provider he wants.

mrmoor said: Only small and scared people screaming rude words in public place and attack others only for a reason that they have different opinion or tell some true.

it is not a different opinion but an attack of the integrity of the admins and the capability of LET members to understand what they participate to. Yet, you follow your beleives and you avoiding to scream and be rude:

mrmoor said: @Amitz last thing, if you don't like people at all, what are you doing here? It must be like hell. Are you masochist or you are here for punishment? You can go for empty island with your duck.

So, what's all about? Missing GD and DH from the poll? A deliberate lack of the :big players"? Your ability to build huge infrastructures? Your great knowledge and experience of the hosting company, compared with the wannabe experts hanging here?

Thanked by 1jar
  • @jarland Who trolling in this thread is pretty visible. But I am don't care about it. Just I am ignore them like a pimple. Also ducks with some rude language and mental health problems :)

@mrmoor said:
    @jarland Who trolling in this thread is pretty visible. But I am don't care about it. Just I am ignore them like a pimple. Also ducks with some rude language and mental health problems :)

• Domin43Domin43 Member
    edited March 2017

@jarland ban the troll already, reading what he types makes me dumber.

@Domin43 said:
    @jarland ban the troll already, reading what he types makes me dumber.

I'm waiting for him to fuck up and give away what account he was banned under originally. I have an idea.

edited March 2017

Nevermind. Was reading over other posts. Absolute troll, in the dick-ish sense. If anyone truly wants him back, or he wants to contest his ban, I'm more than open to hearing it.

Usually ban isn't a popularity contest but you know, these two items in the rules on LET were pretty much designed for people who contribute absolutely nothing but negative trolling:

Trolls are very obvious and usually not very funny. They tend to be rather dickish and you've already learned the fate of those who are dicks.
    Don’t be a dick.

No one really cares if you're a bit of a dick sometimes. It's when it runs through your veins...

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • WSSWSS Member

Shit. I left to do actual work and I missed it.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited March 2017

Damn, @Jarland, I was waiting for a new post of him, for the following image...

You ruined it for me...

• @jarland said:

Don’t be a dick.

No one really cares if you're a bit of a dick sometimes. It's when it runs through your veins...

So that rule should be changed to

Don't be a natural born dick.
    Thanked by 3jar Falzo Darwin
  • WSSWSS Member

Being an asshole is still OK, as long as you aren't bothered by all of the sometimes-dicks hanging around, though?

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • @WSS said:
    Being an asshole is still OK, as long as you aren't bothered by all of the sometimes-dicks hanging around, though?

You should be a very careful asshole with all the dicks hanging around, though.

• WSSWSS Member

It's like Catholic school all over again..

Thanked by 2serverian vimalware
  • daffydaffy Member

Just now noticed that in the spreadsheet one of my votes is on the wrong provider...

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@daffy said:
    Just now noticed that in the spreadsheet one of my votes is on the wrong provider...

Careful, you know what happened to the last person that claimed voter fraud!

• daffydaffy Member

@AnthonySmith said:

@daffy said:

Careful, you know what happened to the last person that claimed voter fraud!

Haha, noooo, not claiming that. Just that @trewq has made a horrible mistake and needs to be punished severely. @Nekki should be perfect for that.

Thanked by 3Falzo switsys WSS
  • @Nekki said:
    Calling it - troll level: over 5000

The meme is over 9000

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • Where's the winners?

Thanked by 2imok doghouch
  • Congrats guys. Feels good to be using services of 8 out of the top 10 providers. Go LET...!

• Congrats all. In my opinion although OVH dont have reps and are not active here, like it or not, they are part of our everyday lowendlife and reading lot of comments and threads here, I can say they are one of the most recommended company so we have them also on the 1st place. I think maybe that is because users probably were voting in general for their fav host, and not for the Q4. I have couple of kimsufis and OVH SSD VPS which are one of my better servers, but i did not voted for them for the reason that they are not purchased on Q4 and i have them for a while.

So for the Q1 2017 maybe is better to ask users to explain why and what the host did for them in the Q1 so that they vote for them.

Just my 2c

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@emperor said:

So for the Q1 2017 maybe is better to ask users to explain why and what the host did for them in the Q1 so that they vote for them.

Just my 2c

Sounds like agg mate, can't be fucked doing that.

• @daffy said:
    one of my votes is on the wrong provider...

There's a mistake. Moonlight, you guys won best provider.

Thanked by 1imok
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

emperor said: So for the Q1 2017 maybe is better to ask users to explain why and what the host did for them in the Q1 so that they vote for them.

I agree with Nekki: way too involved!

However, one could imagine proving an explicit list of the providers that one can vote for. For example, a criterion to be on the list could be that the provider has advertized on LET at least once over the previous 12 months in the "Offers" category.

Admittedly, this would involve some (too much?) bookkeeping on the part of the person who organizes the vote, but it would help eliminate unintended results. Anyway, just an idea ...

• ehabehab Member
    edited March 2017

@trewq
    Poll winners is a SCAM

a scamMMM

hahahha j/k

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

emperor said: Congrats all. In my opinion although OVH dont have reps and are not active here, like it or not, they are part of our everyday lowendlife and reading lot of comments and threads here, I can say they are one of the most recommended company so we have them also on the 1st place.

Yep that's a fair point well made.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • Now that the trolling has died down, was the "best new host" ever announced?

• @trewq WE DEMAND PRIZE WINNERS /jks, take your time

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2017

@AnthonySmith said:
    Yep that's a fair point well made.

I hate OVH. Seeing them win here makes me cringe.
    However, the reasons I hate them for are political, if there would have been only the always looming "chance" that you get singled out and kicked for no real reason when thousands of others are violating the rules, that happens with so many customers and automated tools, but the fact they are (were?) discriminating against various kinds of europeans being themselves migrants turns my stomach.
    That being said, I am not surprised they won. Cheap torrent boxes, DDoS protection for gamers, it was inevitable.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • BTW, when are you going to announce the winners?

Thanked by 3sin notFrecyboy imok
This discussion has been closed.