Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ClouDNS 50% off for 7 days
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ClouDNS 50% off for 7 days

bohdansbohdans Member
edited March 2017 in General

From the Email:

Seven years ago, we launched a little project called ClouDNS.
We had big ideas and lot of passion and over the years we became a technology leader in providing global Managed DNS services.

>

Today, seven years later, we’re introducing the most cost effective GeoDNS service on the market with an optimal amount of zones, records, and queries per month.

>

So just like last year, we're celebrating our 7th birthday not by buying ourselves something nice, but by giving you something awesome - for the next 7 days all GeoDNS plans are 50% OFF!

>

Take your business to the next level of speed with ClouDNS!

>

One-time offer valid till 23:59 GMT Tuesday /7 Mar, 2017/.
All the best,
ClouDNS Team

cloudns.net aff link (If you feel like being nice)
cloudns.net

GeoDNS starts at $5/month for 1 zone,
But all the other products are 50% off as well, DDoS Protected Anycast DNS for $2.50 /month with 50 zones.

I have been using CloudNS for 18 months now, no outages and been reliable.

Comments

• My subscription still until august 2018 tho. :D

• I opened a ticket with support, they 'upgraded' my Black Friday special (DDoS 15 Zones, for $2) to the current (DDoS 50 Zones, $2.50) for me. They just updated the subscription date to account for the difference in price.

• It's a really good service.

I use them as I register domains for customers, but some registrars lack facilities like email & domain forwarding, so I use cloudNS to plug the gap.

I'm hoping the guy doesn't sell his company for a handsome profit in the near future, things are good as they are.

Thanked by 1BoyanPeychev
  • ehabehab Member

+10 for cloudns

• @bohdans said:
    I opened a ticket with support, they 'upgraded' my Black Friday special (DDoS 15 Zones, for $2) to the current (DDoS 50 Zones, $2.50) for me. They just updated the subscription date to account for the difference in price.

Oh man I don't know how I missed that deal :(

• @PepeSilvia the current 50% off is a better deal FYI.
    The last Black Friday deals where only to current customers and depended on what current product you had.

• Next GeoDNS service after Amazon, who don't see the difference between west/east Canada. Nothing new. With 7 years on market.

• mov3mov3 Member

cloudflare or cloudns better?

• @bohdans said:

DDoS Professional cloudns, Ask you how to use If i buy it

• Is this a recurring price like their April' 2016 promo?

• Still no dnssec at cloudns.net if you want to use them as a master :/

• sinsin Member

@mov3 said:
    cloudflare or cloudns better?

For DNS speed, Cloudflare is much faster according to benchmarks like http://www.dnsperf.com/

• Is there any Health Check and failover record with their plans? I am using AWS Route53 with health check, failover, nearest ping DNS but it seems sth is not there with ClouDNS

• johnnymattjohnnymatt Member
    edited March 2017

vimalware said: Is this a recurring price like their April' 2016 promo?

Nothing. According their support (i did the question 15min ago) its one time offer, not recurring :(

Thanked by 2vimalware BBTN
  • dedicadosdedicados Member
    edited March 2017

sin said: For DNS speed, Cloudflare is much faster according to benchmarks like http://www.dnsperf.com/

that page is so old. i contacted the ones who developed it, and no update yet.

you can see at the top of the page:

We are working on a much better and professional website. Until then all data is frozen. Subscribe to get notified when its ready!

so dont trust at 100%

• YuraYura Member

@johnnymatt said:

vimalware said: Is this a recurring price like their April' 2016 promo?

Nothing. According their support (i did the question 15min ago) its one time offer, not recurring :(

Not interested then.

• mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

A better list perhaps:

http://www.solvedns.com/dns-comparison/2017/02

Pavin.

• Plus you get a free backup of all your sensitive data all over the internet! So, better grab 2 instead of just 1.

• YuraYura Member

@bsdguy said:
    Plus you get a free backup of all your sensitive data all over the internet! So, better grab 2 instead of just 1.

I always turn my server off after benching it.

Better safe than sorry.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanked by 1WSS
  • nqservicesnqservices Member
    edited March 2017

On that link, on the table where it shows the details, it says Cloudns.net only has 9 POP's and is not an Anycast network...

This is very strange, because on Cloudns.net it says they have 14 POP's and that their network is a Anycast network.

So is solvedns.com properly testing Cloudns services? Marketing reasons?

Fake News or Alternative Facts? ;) What?

• @mrmoor said:
    Next GeoDNS service after Amazon, who don't see the difference between west/east Canada. Nothing new. With 7 years on market.

Current Geo locations are based on what our customers asked for in the last few years. Please write us from the Support menu, we can make customizations based on the customer needs.

Thanked by 1bohdans
  • Jamie_DreamITJamie_DreamIT Member, Host Rep

Do you guys have a cPanel plugin?

Thanked by 1BoyanPeychev
  • @Dreamitsolutions said:
    Do you guys have a cPanel plugin?

Tag @BoyanPeychev

Thanked by 1BoyanPeychev
  • So what does cloudns have that cloudflare does not?

Thanked by 1BoyanPeychev
  • @Dreamitsolutions, at this moment we do not have official cPanel plugin, but we have workaround for secondary DNS. You can contact our technical support for more details.

@pcfreak30, we offer multiple solutions that are not supported by Cloudflare - Mail forwarding, Reverse DNS and GeoDNS from this month. We are not CDN, which is the main business of Cloudflare. When you are choosing a service, everything depends on what you need, what is your goal and of course, what is your budget.

• @BoyanPeychev geodns as in serving record based on location? cloudflare is a catch all anycast so works in most situations. I think the rest is a niche provider, aka you.

• clouDNS works great, i have been there for more than a year, with at least 86 domains, and works great.

Thanked by 1BoyanPeychev
  • @pcfreak30 said:
    @BoyanPeychev geodns as in serving record based on location? cloudflare is a catch all anycast so works in most situations. I think the rest is a niche provider, aka you.

geodns is more likely a way to redirect users from a certain area to a certain server directly through dns.

Thanked by 1BoyanPeychev
  • Hi, again @mrmoor
    We have added support of the Canadian regions - East, West and North. You can read more about it here:
    https://www.cloudns.net/wiki/article/185/

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

Hmmm the regions look familiar...