Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

discountdomainsuk took my money and deleted my account
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

discountdomainsuk took my money and deleted my account

ewrekewrek Member
edited February 2017 in General

Hello LET users.

I bought a domain form discountdomainsuk.com/ and after that i payed they delete my account.

So, i opened a ticket to ask about it. They told me that the domain was not available. So i ask for my money. They first ask for more information of proof of payment and after that he/she ask or i don't want to use the credit for a domain. I reply whit that i didn't need a other domain and want to receive my money back. After that my ticket was deleted.

Are the someways to get my money back? I didn't use paypal or a credit card( i know that that is not the best option)

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

That's pretty crappy if true...if they couldn't complete the purchase, it's not fair to say "sorry, store credit only". That's like paying someone for a pair of shoes, he goes in the back, comes out and says they're out of stock, and then says store credit only, no refund. (Unless there's more to the story here).

ewrek said: I didn't use paypal or a credit card

How did you pay?

• @raindog308 said:
    That's pretty crappy if true...if they couldn't complete the purchase, it's not fair to say "sorry, store credit only". That's like paying someone for a pair of shoes, he goes in the back, comes out and says they're out of stock, and then says store credit only, no refund. (Unless there's more to the story here).

ewrek said: I didn't use paypal or a credit card

How did you pay?

I payed with my bank using Iban.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

ring your bank, tell they you are the victim of fraud. done.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    ring your bank, tell they you are the victim of fraud. done.

That is not how banks work in the Netherlands so far i know. However i will give it a try tomorrow.

• Nice way of making money .

Thanked by 1ewrek
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

ewrek said: That is not how banks work in the Netherlands so far i know. However i will give it a try tomorrow.

Call their bank, tell them you are the victim of online fraud, give them the transaction reference, if nothing else it will stir the pot :)

• Calling your bank probably won't help if you're Dutch. They're a real pain to deal with in cases like this.