Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UrPad.net - horrible user experience
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UrPad.net - horrible user experience

EvoEvo Member

I rarely write reviews about webhosts, but this time I think that it's necessary to express my opinion
toward a webhost, when there's been horrible attitude to the user.

My VPS went offline 2 days, 17 hours ago, without any notification from UrPad.net. I tried to log in the billing/support
system. but my account was disabled there.

I had to send an e-mail to support, in order to ask why my VPS is offline (it was not in "suspended" state in Solus
- just "offline"). I also asked why my account is disabled in the billing/support system (they never responded to that).

They responded after 3 hours, that my VPS was causing high load to the node, and they had to suspend it. UrPad.net did
not sent any notification that the VPS was causing high load, so that I can take actions. They also believe that they
do not need to inform me that my VPS was suspended and my billing/support account is disabled.

After 5 hours, they responded that they could turn on my VPS for 10-15 minutes so that I can "optimize it" in that period.
So, they gave me 10 minutes to log in my VPS, to check the logs, to find the problem, and to fix it, all that for less than 10 minutes.

The only thing that they responded to a ticket with 7 questions total, was
"It appears as you were taking out acts which are in violation of our TOS", when I asked them "Which are these acts ?",

There was no response from them, from about 2 days.

My VPS is down from 2 days, 17 hours.

Conclusion:

I understand that even 1 VPS could cause high load on the node, and it might need to be suspended, but that's not the proper way to handle this, by "just ignoring everything".

They seems that decided that they no longer need to respond to tickets (I'm sorry - emails - my billing/support account was also disabled)
from a customer that already paid the bill for 1 year - they've taken the money and does not care anymore.

Comments

• We've had similarly poor experiences with UrPad. Sorry to hear it.

• LeeLee Veteran

@evo - which node were you on and in which location?

• marrcomarrco Member
    edited May 2013

It appears as you were taking out acts which are in violation of our TOS

what did you use that vps for? Maybe they were just protecting their users from your actions. Is it true that you were in violation of their tos?

• grayfuzgrayfuz Member

i got good experience with them for the past 4 months..

• GrandeGrande Member

Am sorry to hear about your bad experience. I have read to much good reviews about urpad. Maybe you should try to contact them one more time.

• awsonawson Member

You should ask for a pocketlamp.

• EvoEvo Member

@W1V_Lee said:
    evo - which node were you on and in which location?

"Titanium", I'm not sure about the location.

• EvoEvo Member

@marrco said:
    what did you use that vps for? Maybe they were just protecting their users from your actions. Is it true that you were in violation of their tos?

I was not in violation of their ToS - the application that I was using the VPS for is allowed - I asked them before ordering the VPS.

• @Evo my -->++experience++<-- with them is why I am here post in my black book if you feel they should be there

• FritzFritz Veteran

My vps is doing great here. More than 4 months with no problem since it's idling.

• zxsdwzxsdw Member
    edited May 2013

My urpad has online more than 100 days ......I like URPAD.∩_∩

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
  • LeeLee Veteran

Mine has been down in the UK 24 hours now, tech support would be as well not responding for all the use their answers are.

• DalCompDalComp Member

Suspended without notification. I had similar experience with another LEB provider. I only realized that it was down after 2 days, and at that time he was apparently busy so it took longer (> 20h) to answer tickets. Downtime in total was more than 5 days...

Please provider(s), do send a message to your client if you suspend their VPS. Suspension is understandable, but let the client know at least after you make suspension and then discuss possible resolution to the issue.

Can't really say anything about URPad, though. Never contacted support for anything, while my server is up for 91 days now.

• Since you registered your account two days ago here at LET, I've got to ask for a ticket number.

• EvoEvo Member

I do not have a "ticket" - as I mentioned, they suspended the WHMCS billing/support account as well (and did not even answered why it was suspended).

However, in the e-mails that I sent to them, there's "Ticket ID: 247375" in the subject line and ticket url: http://billing.urpad.net/viewticket.php?tid=247375&c=mq72klKo.

Most likely a "ticket" was created, but I cannot access it.

I might have registered my account 2 days ago, but I've been visiting lowendbox.com and lowendtalk.com for about 2 years as "unregistered".

• nerouxneroux Member

@W1V_Lee said:
    Mine has been down in the UK 24 hours now, tech support would be as well not responding for all the use their answers are.

Surprised to see you complain. Just a couple of days ago you wholeheartedly defended URPad and denied that there could be any problems.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited May 2013

@neroux said:
    Surprised to see you complain. Just a couple of days ago you wholeheartedly defended URPad and denied that there could be any problems.

link?

• nerouxneroux Member

@W1V_Lee said:
    link?

You dont remember?

• epaslvepaslv Member

Cant say I have had any trouble with them over the last few years.

Initially had a major problem with 2Checkout.com (as they think Australia is a terrorist country and blocked payment and 2Checkout's reponse time is approx 2 weeks), but now they support paypal.

Have had some nodes down every now and then, and it usually due to another node CPU/high load.

What application were you running?

If it chewed up the CPU/high load, I would want it pulled down too. But you should get notified.

• LeeLee Veteran

I am not saying I have not supported them, however "wholeheartedly defended" and "denied that there could be any problems" is just your way of making it appear more than it is I think.

• nerouxneroux Member

@W1V_Lee said:
    I am not saying I have not supported them, however "wholeheartedly defended" and "denied that there could be any problems" is just your way of making it appear more than it is I think.

That is just a matter of wording. I could also say strongly supported.

The point is just a couple of days ago you were extremely suspicious about completely valid complaints and now all of the sudden you file such one yourself.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

@neroux said:
    The point is just a couple of days ago you were extremely suspicious about completely valid complaints and now all of the sudden you file such one yourself.

I don't get it, all he said is that his node has been down. Do you think he is OP or something?

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited May 2013

The only threads I commented on having looked back that involved URPad were all justified comments based on the conversation at hand and nothing that even non customers were questioning. Yes it was about you.

That aside I will support any provider that I use and provides good service, my contempt when they fail to deliver is given in equal measures.

Again your wording simply makes it more emotive than it requires. I simply stated that my VPS was down more than 24 hours and the tech support responses were as well not bothering to respond for all the use they were. That does in no way equate finding myself is some suspicious complaint.

• nerouxneroux Member
    edited May 2013

@W1V_Lee said:
    Again your wording simply makes it more emotive than it requires. I simply stated that my VPS was down more than 24 hours and the tech support responses were as well not bothering to respond for all the use they were. That does in no way equate finding myself is some suspicious complaint.

Do you have some proof to back up these statements? Ticket number, screenshots?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Lol

• LeeLee Veteran

@neroux said:
    Do you have some proof to back up these statements? Ticket number, screenshots?

Not needed, It's all resolved now. However for your benefit

Ticket #755199

See, nothing at all hard about that is there?

• nerouxneroux Member

@W1V_Lee said:
    Ticket #755199

Perfect, so its a valid complaint (even though I cannot verify it of course ;) )

Appreciated

• LeeLee Veteran

You might not be able to verify it but I can bet someone connected to URPad will see it and check out of curiosity ;)

• nerouxneroux Member

@W1V_Lee said:
    You might not be able to verify it but I can bet someone connected to URPad will see it and check out of curiosity ;)

Possibly, but I still cannot verify it

• LeeLee Veteran

I don't care, I was simply commenting on a thread which had synergy to an issue that I had which is now resolved. I get over these things quickly, you should try instead of being the dog with a bone.