Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggest a provider on australia or new zealand?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Suggest a provider on australia or new zealand?

dnwkdnwk Member

Suggest a provider on australia or new zealand? Looking at high bandwidth allowance. Hoping for under $10. But will accept slight higher. Need to have Ubuntu 12.04

Comments

• PatrickPatrick Member

What would you consider 'high bandwidth'?

Going to be tough in them 2 locations

• dnwkdnwk Member

As high as I can get....

• krokro Member
    edited May 2013

Can do a container in New Zealand that fits into your $10 month requirement.
    Launch special on at the moment use KGOBLASTOFF as the coupon

Check us out - https://kgovps.com

• dnwkdnwk Member

stupid exigent just mark my order as fraud

• krokro Member
    edited May 2013

If you want Australia - I would have to recommend ransomit.com.au.
    Avoid Exigent at all costs. Worst uptime and random drop outs ever.

• dnwkdnwk Member
    edited May 2013

@kro said:
    If you want Australia - I would have to recommend ransomit.com.au.
    Avoid Exigent at all costs. Worst uptime and random drop outs ever.

I agree. But the Drupal6 theme make me think.......
    And their bandwidth is just too few.

• MunMun Member

First off I am interested as well, but why do you need it in Australia?

• I haven't had any issues with Ransom IT. You're going to have trouble finding anything with a high bandwidth allowance though.

http://www.ransomit.com.au/rock_wallaby_512mb_kvm_vps

• dnwkdnwk Member

@Mun said:
    First off I am interested as well, but why do you need it in Australia?

Per my other thread, I am trying to build a Lowend CDN.

• MunMun Member

Just put an LA or San Jose Mirror, it will be cheaper and the main hubs for Australia are there any ways. Another possibility is Singapore.

• San Jose would be best for AU/NZ. Routing to Singapore is hit and miss with ISPs.

• RansomIT has been great for me so far. Ordered about two weeks back and monitoring hasn't logged a single hiccup (network or server) yet. It's about the best deal I could find as a secondary DNS location in AU. I was a bit taken back by doing netinstall via vnc but was kinda fun :) FYI, I see 20ms from Sydney and 10ms from Melbourne (both servers).

I've heard things about Exigent also but I decided to give them a go about a month ago. I think the key thing is a lot of people go for the OpenVZ nodes which I can't comment on as I went with one of the Xen for dedicated resources and isolated environment. I've had a few downtimes, appeared network related but only 2x 5min windows in the past month. Their support has been pretty great as well (<30min response time, even with AU US timezone differences) and I've worked directly with a server admin a few times who seemed pretty educated. They are also rolling out all new plans (June 1st, AFAIK), upgraded E5 hardware, and IPv6 over the next few months.

I've also pretty much accepted that anything I deploy in AU with cost 2x US rates with less variety.

• Bandwidth pricing is expensive on AU.If you can afford $20/m sydney location of VPS.net is reliable.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

If you need good Australian provider you have two choices - RansomIT or ZettaGrid. If you are looking for good DNS with PoPs in Australia take a look on my footer :) RansomIT is awsome, @Oliver provides superior support and is extremely friendly. ZettaGrid offers multiple locations in AU but is expensive >= 20AUD.

• Yeah don't go with Exigent. They were nothing but trouble to me

• Another vote here for RansomIT

Oliver is very friendly and provides excellent support

• Another vote to @Oliver at RansomIT :)

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2013

@dnwk said:
    stupid exigent just mark my order as fraud

Just open a support ticket or call them, they did it to me too. They do it if their GeoDNS doesn't match what you enter (in my case I ordered in Adelaide, SA with a billing address in Victoria).

Exigent is hit and miss, Ive had a good experience but they tend to have atleast 2 fluctuations (~30s) per month every month. Great uptime percentage, just not good if you are doing server monitoring and get spammed when they come back online!

• WoopWoop Member

If you traffic is mostly from NZ, you might as well get a NZ VPS since most of them offer unmetered national traffic.

• dnwkdnwk Member

@Woop said:
    If you traffic is mostly from NZ, you might as well get a NZ VPS since most of them offer unmetered national traffic.

Any suggestions?

• dnwkdnwk Member

@SplitIce said:

I did email them. Still no

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

Firstly thanks for the positive comments from my customers. I appreciate it.

dnwk if you email me and let me know what specifications you need for a KVM VPS (RAM, disk space, and approximate bandwidth) I will customise a quote for you. Email [email protected]

By the way the Rock Wallaby deal linked above can be brought down to the LEB-appropriate-$7 by using the promo code YELLOWFOOT.

• WoopWoop Member

@dnwk said:
    Any suggestions?

Here's some:
    http://247hosting.co.nz/linuxvps
    https://www.vpscity.co.nz/virtual-private-servers
    https://www.vpsnine.com/ - cheap but shitty Data Centre (Hosting Direct in Takapuna)

• Does anyone here live in Auckland (Near Mt. Eden area?

• dirkdirk Member

Using http://www.crucial.com.au for some time and they are great.
    A "bit" more expensive then $10 :-)

• Another vote for RansomIT! Oliver is great too!

• Last I checked VPS.net is 40/block/mo due to increased costs associated.

• IshaqIshaq Member

Reliable but not LEB: VPS.net and Amazon.

LEB (never tried, Oliver is awesome though): RansomIT

• I use namecheap.com in the USA and I am in Australia. I have found their service very reliable and still faster than Australian based VDS and I have use a few. I terminated VPS blocks and also Exigent. Too many outages, unreliable. To those service providers mentioned that want to challenge my words, go for it. I have kept all of my ticket transcripts and can back up the facts.

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

@Independent_Bastard you should try a VPS from www.ransomit.com.au

I like to think I am pretty good with my customers! :-)