Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Linode but cheaper? US+EU High RAM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Linode but cheaper? US+EU High RAM

jgillichjgillich Member
edited February 2017 in Requests

Looking for a provider with both EU and US locations that is cheaper than Linode.

• 4GB for something around $15
  • KVM or Xen
  • Flat rate traffic, throttling would be fine

BuyVM would be perfect, but the KVM Slices are US only so far. I've also been looking at OVH, but it's not clear to me whether the VPS line is available in the Canadian data center. Even after adding a credit card, they won't let me create anything without adding $10.

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited February 2017

jgillich said: looking at OVH, but it's not clear to me whether the VPS line is available in the Canadian data center.

Yes it is.

jgillich said: Even after adding a credit card, they won't let me create anything without adding $10.

No idea what you are talking about, just go here: https://www.ovh.com/us/vps/vps-ssd.xml and click Order now (assuming you're from the US yourself, else use your regional OVH website).

• @jgillich said:
    Looking for a provider with both EU and US locations that is cheaper than Linode.

• 4GB for something around $15
    • KVM or Xen
    • Flat rate traffic, throttling would be fine

BuyVM would be perfect, but the KVM Slices are US only so far. I've also been looking at OVH, but it's not clear to me whether the VPS line is available in the Canadian data center. Even after adding a credit card, they won't let me create anything without adding $10.

didnt you hear ? Slices are available now in EU(LU). go go go.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/106833/buyvm-ny-lu-slices-available#latest

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • jgillichjgillich Member
    edited February 2017

@rm_ said:
    No idea what you are talking about, just go here: https://www.ovh.com/us/vps/vps-ssd.xml and click Order now (assuming you're from the US yourself, else use your regional OVH website).

I don't know what's going on with the control panel, but it doesn't let me do anything:

No default payment method has been selected. Go to the billing section to select one or add a new method.

I have a credit card in the billing section with the status "confirmed", so yea. Maybe I should contact their support about this.

But great to hear that BuyVM has launched in the EU as well. I think that's what I'll be going with! Thanks to both of you.

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited February 2017

For your US location: tier.net kvm special could work.

CPU: 1x Xeon Cores
    RAM: 4GB RAM
    Disk: 50GB SSD RAID
    Bandwidth: 1TB @ 1000Mbps
    IPs: 1 IPv4, /64 IPv6
    100% Uptime SLA
    FREE Full Management by Request
    24/7/365 Support

9$/m 90$/y
    3 DC to choose from. Core is dedicated.

https://billing.tier.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=244

Didn't try them yet but @sin did and it seems to do the job well.

Thanked by 1sin
  • exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

You can check our KVM HDD Plus II package with 8GB RAM available in Canada (OVH) for $9/mo - wishosting.com

• niknik Member, Host Rep

We can do 2x vCPU (3.5 GHz), 4 GB RAM, 20 GB SSD, 2 TB Taffic @ 1 Gbps, KVM for 10 EUR / month in Frankfurt (free Anti DDoS), Amsterdam or London (free Anti DDoS).

Let me know if you're interested! :)

• Definitely +1 for buyvm! Got 3 VZ services with them and they're solid and support is always faster than I'd expect for the price I pay. Their reputation on here is definitely well deserved.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • If you'd bothered checking, you would have seen that since this weekend BuyVM slices are also available in LU.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Thanks for the interest :)

I love me some slices.

Francisco