Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Struggling with Serverhub
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Struggling with Serverhub

I've payed for the iron pro shared hosting plan + domain yesterday, but the service status are pending. No live chat, no ticket reply (sales and support), no phone number. Look's like the provider was abandoned.

Comments

• @JohnSH or @RoSH should be able to help you.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2017

How many hours ago? Since yesterday, at the time of your post, could mean late into the night in US. A manually approved order I wouldn't think it odd if not approved by 9AM the next morning.

• And often is sales department closed in the weekend also.

Thanked by 2heiska doughmanes
  • Its the weekend. Just wait fr a while.

• Calm down lmao. It's the weekend.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

For me week-end=half the usual ticketing.

• sirluissirluis Member
    edited February 2017

They answered.

Since your account is new at ServerHub, It has to be manually reviewed. We will transfer your ticket to our Trust and Safety team to check the status of your account. Please expect an update by our business hours from Monday - Friday 10 AM - 7 PM CST.

Odd, usually this service is released instantly. Maybe a fraud verification?

@jarland said:
    How many hours ago? Since yesterday, at the time of your post, could mean late into the night in US. A manually approved order I wouldn't think it odd if not approved by 9AM the next morning.

Yesterday 10 pm CST

• I don't know how many host you have used, but especially with LET hosts, and in fact many non LET hosts, have no sale support in the weekends. So ordering a new VPS plan or server late Friday to early Monday, is not the best idea if it's a rush to get the server. Any issue, like whatever issue you have got on your order, will not be addressed before Monday. So next time, order on a weekday, or except to wait until Monday to get any reply. And at least, wait to Tuesday before opening a thread here on LET.

• @myhken said:
    I don't know how many host you have used, but especially with LET hosts, and in fact many non LET hosts, have no sale support in the weekends. So ordering a new VPS plan or server late Friday to early Monday, is not the best idea if it's a rush to get the server. Any issue, like whatever issue you have got on your order, will not be addressed before Monday. So next time, order on a weekday, or except to wait until Monday to get any reply. And at least, wait to Tuesday before opening a thread here on LET.

yawn
    I'm not talking about vps/dedi.

• sirluis said: yawn I'm not talking about vps/dedi.

Sorry, I should be even more clear: Hosting - or what ever ordered in the weekend from any type of store, not offering 24/7/365 sale support.
    Technical support and sale/billing support is two different things.

@sirluis said:
    They answered.

Since your account is new at ServerHub, It has to be manually reviewed. We will transfer your ticket to our Trust and Safety team to check the status of your account. Please expect an update by our business hours from Monday - Friday 10 AM - 7 PM CST.

@jarland said:

Yesterday 10 pm CST

I'd say acceptable time frame thus far then. Always prefer instant as well, but still acceptable.

• RoSHRoSH Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2017

@sirluis said:
    They answered.

Our services are usually released instantly, however we've recently have had our trust and safety team review all orders which include a domain purchase on new accounts. This is because we have had an unusual amount of fraud come in attempting to purchase domains which isn't refundable on the domain registrar end. The replies in this thread are correct that our Billing and Sales team are only available Monday - Friday 10 AM - 7 PM CST as is the case with most providers. I have had someone reply to your tickets with a solution, so please let us know how we may proceed.

Thanks

• @RoSH
    Thanks for the clarification.
    I do not understand why a support ticket (even if it was not the subject) was answered hours later, that leaves a bad impression for a new customer.
    Anyway the problem is solved.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@sirluis said:
    @RoSH
    I do not understand why a support ticket (even if it was not the subject) was answered hours later, that leaves a bad impression for a new customer.

Lower your expectations or spend more money. They are your two options, pick either and you'll be happy with a service.

• @trewq said:

@sirluis said:
    @RoSH

Lower your expectations or spend more money. They are your two options, pick either and you'll be happy with a service.

24/7/365 Support
    15 Minute Response Time
    100% Uptime Guarantee

• But thats not on sale support

• sirluis said: 24/7/365 Support

This is a sales issue. Sales isn't 24/7 but support is. Not hard to figure out.

Thanked by 1FredQc
    edited February 2017

@sirluis said:
    @RoSH

Remember that there is no such thing as a low priced service that has a significant number of customers and can respond to tickets in less than several hours.

It's simple math at that point. How much does it cost to scale a competent support team parallel to the growth of customers?

Your riskiest purchase is super low price with instant ticket response. It means you're one of their first customers, and their business model has not yet proven effective.

Exceptions involve high levels of automation and low personalization in responses.