Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buyshared VS Pageclick (Reseller): What do you prefer?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Buyshared VS Pageclick (Reseller): What do you prefer?

Hi,
I'm having reseller from both of these providers and want to know which one do you prefer?
I liked both of 'em but pageclick is left behind with few things like number of entry process (5 while frantech offers 20) and number of process (buyshared: 100, pageclick:10)

So, I want to know you opinion about both of these providers.

Thank you!

Provider
  1. Provider51 votes
    1. Pageclick
      15.69%
    2. Buyshared
      84.31%

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Well, I've said it before, you can't really get better than the BuyShared plans... Doubt you'd get 8x 1TB SSDs in a cPanel server at most other places for $4.

Thanked by 2jetchirag Francisco
  • sonicsonic Veteran
    edited February 2017

It's really hard to beat Buyshared . Why?
    *1 Dedicated IPv4
    *Pure SSD HW Raid
    *cPanel, Litespeed,...
    *Dirt cheap

Thanked by 2Francisco netomx
  • @sonic said:
    It's really hard to beat Buyshared . Why?
    *1 Dedicated IPv4
    *Pure SSD HW Raid
    *cPanel, Litespeed,...
    *Dirt cheap

Yea, I still wonder how they provide all this in that price.

Thanked by 2Francisco Jorbox
  • It's not even close. Lol.

• JorboxJorbox Member
    edited February 2017

I think In buyshared you get real reseller because they have their own DC
    In pageclick you get SubReseller from a MasterReseller
    So you cannot compare them!
    Buyshared can provide ipv4 easily becuse they own the hardware and the cost is less than reselling others services.

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • Both companies are very good. But I have doubts about the UK location.

UK politicians approve 'extreme surveillance' law

'Extreme surveillance' becomes UK law with barely a whimper

@Francisco, @Ishaq

Privacy is universal. BuyShared provides additional privacy with the Luxembourg location. But that does not mean that the PageClick company is bad. PageClick company is also very successful. Maybe @Ishaq can keep us informed about privacy.

• I use both of them and both are great. Buyshared has proven to be good over time though and as pointed out already they own their hardware which is a big plus for me. Pageclick on the other hand is also ran by a respectable guy so no worries there. For me it comes down to what location I want to use.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • Pageclick is not that big as BuyShared so you can expect better support and not overloaded server. In the other side BuyShared is an old and well established provider so you do not need to make thoughts if they tomorrow still exists or not. As long there are no bad reviews, the things are good.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@nesqa2007 said:
    Both companies are very good. But I have doubts about the UK location.

...because I want to make sure the British government isn't looking at web pages I am letting anyone on the planet look at...?

Thanked by 2jar jvnadr
  • @Jorbox so does PageClick's doesn't have their own servers? Are they simply a reseller of a reseller?

• @gapper said:
    @Jorbox so does PageClick's doesn't have their own servers? Are they simply a reseller of a reseller?

For shared hosting, yes.

• gappergapper Member
    edited February 2017

That explains a lot, I'm customer of their Reseller plan... so at the end my customers are customers of a reseller (me) who is client of a reseller (PageClick) who also resells from another company (X).

Oh my God.

Thanked by 1Jorbox
  • We'll have servers in THN2 and GS2 Docklands in late March / April.

Thanked by 1gapper
  • @Ishaq said:
    We'll have servers in THN2 and GS2 Docklands in late March / April.

For resellers as well? Will you be moving current customers to it?

• @Ishaq are you going to migrate all clients automatically or do we need to open a ticket asking for the migration?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@gapper said:
    That explains a lot, I'm customer of their Reseller plan... so at the end my customers are customers of a reseller (me) who is client of a reseller (PageClick) who also resells from another company (X).

Oh my God.

Past...they might be overselling...

• gappergapper Member
    edited February 2017

Truth being said I'm having lot of troubles with PageClick reseller plan however I'm not going to complain anymore because I know that I'm getting what I paid for ($9.99/year).

I just hope that @Ishaq could get at least one own server to move his clients and have root control of the server without being dependent of another provider.

• What issue are you having?

• gappergapper Member
    edited February 2017

I can't install Prestashop 1.7.x

As I said on yesterday's ticket, it is a problem with the server because a friend of mine who is hosted on BuyShared reseller is able to install it.

I'm getting 503 error:

I even provided you steps to reproduce and you were able to confirm that the problem exists, however I didn't replied anymore to the ticket because you asked for $40/hour for management time in order to investigate the issue.

I'm not going to criticize you, I know that you are doing your best however I understand that you are limited because you don't have root access to the server. That's why I hope you can get your own servers for PageClick soon.

• Yeah, based on your resource history your application is using 100% of 1 entire core. We are not willing to provide more CPU resources.

Try an alternative method of installing Prestashop or speak to their developers.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • gappergapper Member
    edited February 2017

That specific error isn't due to the CPU cap (which is the same in BuyShared) but because the server appears to have Varnish cache installed and it is giving issues.

A few weeks ago I was able to install Prestashop on the server...

• gappergapper Member
    edited February 2017

@Ishaq read this so you can better understand the problem and learn how to fix it... and I'm not going to charge you $40/hour for management time don't worry ;)

http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.0/config-guide/varnish/tshoot-varnish-503.html

Unfortunately if you don't have root access to the server you aren't going to be able to fix it.

• @gapper said:
    That specific error isn't due to the CPU cap (which is the same in BuyShared) but because the server appears to have Varnish cache installed and it is giving issues.

A few weeks ago I was able to install Prestashop on the server...

Have you tried disabling Varnish for your domains?

• @Jordan I was going to recommend same :D
    Bytheway, it is disabled by default I guess

• @jetchirag said:
    @Jordan I was going to recommend same :D
    Bytheway, it is disabled by default I guess

No, Varnish is enabled by default

• Nor in WHM/cPanel I saw the option to disable Varnish... where do I find it?

• gappergapper Member
    edited February 2017

At WHM when going to cgi/addon_xvarnish.cgi I get the following error message:

HTTP error 403

cachewall/rebrand.php

WHM is configured to disallow execution of php applications when logged in as a reseller. To enable this functionality you must do one of the following: Enable the "Allow PHP to be run when logged in as a reseller to WHM" option in "Tweak Settings", or add disable-php-as-reseller-security=1 to /var/cpanel/cpanel.config, and run /usr/local/cpanel/etc/init/startcpsrvd

And the same for "Cachewall" which is another caching thing that you have on your server...

• @gapper said:
    At WHM when going to cgi/addon_xvarnish.cgi I get the following error message:

HTTP error 403

cachewall/rebrand.php

WHM is configured to disallow execution of php applications when logged in as a reseller. To enable this functionality you must do one of the following: Enable the "Allow PHP to be run when logged in as a reseller to WHM" option in "Tweak Settings", or add disable-php-as-reseller-security=1 to /var/cpanel/cpanel.config, and run /usr/local/cpanel/etc/init/startcpsrvd

And the same for "Cachewall" which is another caching thing that you have on your server...

I've updated your ticket with an explanation

• You can configure from cpanel by going to varnish or do search in cpanel on top

• There is no Varnish on cPanel and when I go to xVarnish on WHM I get 403 error.

It's enough for me, I know that they do their best but obviously there are limitations from their side for not having root access (i.e. being a reseller instead of having own servers). Of course paying $9.99/year I can't ask for much, at least the server is up and I can (when WHM doesn't fails) create new accounts and set basic HTML pages or Wordpress installations.

I wish all the best to PageClick, hope they can get their own servers on April as promised.

This discussion has been closed.