Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

virgin never used ip blocks for rent
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

virgin never used ip blocks for rent

emreemre Member, LIR

Hey
I've got some ipv4 ip blocks from RIPE that I will not plan to use in near future ( I am a RIPE LIR for the last 8 years or so)
I have got 4 /22 blocks that I can offer. total around 4000 ips in 2 different blocks which can be divided. and maybe more.
Anybody interested in renting these ips from me?
These ips are routed at the moment but never used before. Completely virgin.
I am hoping to rent these ips to VPS providers.
I am getting some interesting mails from so called "ip investment companies" offering me around $2.5 for ip.
But I don't want to hand them to some organized spam operation just for money.
I am open to all suggestions.
PM me if you are interested.

Comments

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited May 2013

I maybe interested but you can probably find someone interested over at WebHostingTalk also, will shoot you a PM soon

• @emre, PM attım.

• I have no use for these but want to publicly thank you for having a good soul and not selling them to spam companies and wanting to better this industry.

• BradNDBradND Member

How much?

• emreemre Member, LIR

Hey, I get some PM's and for to answer them all: I'm thinking about renting /22's at the moment. Smaller blocks means more people to deal with.
    For the pricing: I have got some clues about permanent ip prices. But for renting for some time.. Hmm No .. I am open to all offers.

• bcrlsnbcrlsn Member

Could you sell/lease a /29?

• PatrickPatrick Member

@bcrlsn said:
    Could you sell/lease a /29?

I don't think that's possible as you need to have /24 to route objects elsewhere

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

I forget, does RIPE allow you to announce their IP's in other locations besides Europe like ARIN?

• edited May 2013

@Fliphost said:
    I forget, does RIPE allow you to announce their IP's in other locations besides Europe like ARIN?

Yes, it's only likely to be RIRs with more IP space available who will impose such restrictions

@SharedHost So announcing these in the US would most likely not be a problem correct?

• @Fliphost said:
    SharedHost So announcing these in the US would most likely not be a problem correct?

Correct, although.. if you are a US based entity, it makes more sense to use ARIN issued space and not deplete the EU reserves :P

@SharedHost I know, just curious ;)

• The thread title made me Lol I love this site Wahaa!

• @Fliphost said:
    SharedHost I know, just curious ;)

Sure, although it's shard :P

@ShardHost I really should read slower... lol

• rds100rds100 Member

@emre said:
    Hey, I get some PM's and for to answer them all: I'm thinking about renting /22's at the moment. Smaller blocks means more people to deal with.
    For the pricing: I have got some clues about permanent ip prices. But for renting for some time.. Hmm No .. I am open to all offers.

It would cost 1800 EUR / year to become a LIR and get a /22 from RIPE.
    So you could use that as a base to calculate the reasonable monthly lease price.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

@rds100 - yeah, something between 100-140EUR per month seems reasonable with 12 or 24 months contract, from the other hand there are providers charging around 100EUR per month for /24

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

Next year lir fee should be €1750, for a new lir however the first year there are €2000 setup fee to add... :-)

• rds100rds100 Member

@prometeus yes, there is some decrease for the next year, but it's small, less than 3%.
    And the setup fee depends in which month you want to open the LIR, if you do it in October, November or December the setup fee will be only 500 EUR.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@rds100 said:
    prometeus yes, there is some decrease for the next year, but it's small, less than 3%.
    And the setup fee depends in which month you want to open the LIR, if you do it in October, November or December the setup fee will be only 500 EUR.

You're right :P

• vpnareavpnarea Member

@emre please let us know, what is your offer and conditions right now? I'm interested in /22.

• FRCoreyFRCorey Member

2.5 an ip ROFL they're lowballing you.. I've seen up to 25 per ip offered on some trading sites.

• vpnareavpnarea Member

@FRCorey, which trading sites are that exactly? :)

• FRCoreyFRCorey Member

http://ipv4marketgroup.com/ipv4-buyers/

I was quoted 17 an ip lease for a /24 before I got my own ARIN assignments.

• emreemre Member, LIR
    edited May 2013

hey I am not going to sell my ips to all who asked.
    I am NOT thinking about SELLING them.
    only thing about renting them for some time.
    I will check my PM's now and will try to answer all of you.
    Thank you for your interest.

• hey i have some blocks of ip addresses, huge blocks. pm if intrested

• @FRCorey said:
    2.5 an ip ROFL they're lowballing you.. I've seen up to 25 per ip offered on some trading sites.

For a lease? I've seen 25/IP one-time for legacy space not for a lease. Are we talking annually or monthly?

• Can you route these IPs to any VPS you want?

• emreemre Member, LIR

Hey this is an old topic.

I did not sell/lease my ip blocks after that.

They are waiting under my pillow for a better day to come :)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@emre said:
    Hey this is an old topic.

I did not sell/lease my ip blocks after that.

They are waiting under my pillow for a better day to come :)

That's a fairly insular attitude to take given that the shortage affects everyone, people storing them for profit seems a little sad, why not lease them on a year by year contract at a lower cost to get some gain with the intent on selling them at a much higher price later.

If you constantly wait for as much as you want you might get caught out when ARIN runs out completely you will see a big change in the IPv6 arena.

I also don't think RIPE would like reading this post.