Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

reseller panel for whm.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

reseller panel for whm.

BecomeWebHostBecomeWebHost Member
edited February 2017 in General

I'm thinking to develop something like whmcs for my project in college (much simple just for hosting and ticket support not for selling anything else{ie: domains}).

what it should be named?

I prefer that .com is available for it.

Comments

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Pixabill

Thanked by 1BecomeWebHost
  • @Radi said:
    Pixabill

haha, thanks @Radi.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Also

Pixobill
    Hexabill
    Hexobill

:)

• call it anything , we don't care but please make it free and good

• Do not do it, there are many of them. Also many people started to do it and faild.

Thanked by 1Jorbox
  • WHT said: many people started to do it and faild.

can explain why they failed?

WHT said: there are many of them

I cant find a working open source solution for that. So I will do it anyway.

• @Jorbox said:
    call it anything , we don't care but please make it free and good

lol :D

• PixsADix - sponsored by @Nekki and the Tentacoo Wape Crew

• @pixahex said:
    I cant find a working open source solution for that. So I will do it anyway

There are a hosting open source solution called Thehostingtool its working well but need improvement and updates

• @Jorbox said:

@pixahex said:

There are a hosting open source solution called Thehostingtool its working well but need improvement and updates

I know about it. it's outdated.

• WSS said: PixsADix - sponsored by @Nekki and the Tentacoo Wape Crew

555+

• @pixahex said:

@Jorbox said:

@pixahex said:

I know about it. it's outdated.

But you asked for working hosting solution and its works and not outdated but need improvements you can start updating it better than starting from scratch.

• @Jorbox, I will take some ideas from it but I will make it in laravel as I'm learning it now :)

thanks for suggestion (y)

• @pixahex said:
    @Jorbox, I will take some ideas from it but I will make it in laravel as I'm learning it now :)

thanks for suggestion (y)

No problem, you can understand to code and develop it again using laravel framework since both are php this will reduce the risks because the cpanel api code is implemented and well documented in Thehostingtool, I hope you keep it open source, thank you :)

• BecomeWebHostBecomeWebHost Member
    edited February 2017

![](

Jorbox said: not outdated

I meant front end when I say outdated. and also it uses old mysql_connect function which don't come with new php versions.
    http://pasteboard.co/DiFiwuQhz.png

Jorbox said: I hope you keep it open source

If it makes me money, probably I wont be open sourcing it :D

• I wrote plugins for TheHostingTool back then. Horrible coding practices everywhere.

I guess you could use it if you want to know what kinds of stuff to avoid when making yours. Good luck.

• @pixahex said:
    ![](

Jorbox said: I hope you keep it open source

If it makes me money, probably I wont be open sourcing it :D

Since its open source you should'nt edit it and sell it, but you can update it and create paid plugins

• Jorbox said: but you can update it and create paid plugins

@Jordox,

I will do it in laravel. I don't want to update it :)

also I know how to use https://github.com/CpanelInc/xmlapi-php so I don't really see any issue with licencing.

• @definitelyliam said:
    I wrote plugins for TheHostingTool back then. Horrible coding practices everywhere.

I guess you could use it if you want to know what kinds of stuff to avoid when making yours. Good luck.

555+ Thanks for advice :)

• @pixahex said:

Jorbox said: but you can update it and create paid plugins

@Jordox,

I will do it in laravel. I don't want to update it :)

also I know how to use https://github.com/CpanelInc/xmlapi-php so I don't really see any issue with licencing.

CPanel owns 49% of whmcs and now they are planning to implement whmcs in WHM
    its not a good idea to create a billing script from scratch, but Its a good Idea to Support existing scripts.

• Jorbox said: CPanel owns 49% of whmcs and now they are planning to implement whmcs in WHM its not a good idea to create a billing script from scratch, but Its a good Idea to Support existing scripts.

I'm doing it for my college project. It's more about learning laravel than making anything ;)