Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for vps near Thailand
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for vps near Thailand

I need a vps to run web/minecraft server near thailand, this could be in singapore or japan. Welcome any suggestion ;)

Comments

• Singapore - OneAsiaHost

Hong Kong - Edis

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

We are using them for our DNS PoP in Thailand - http://www.servenet.co.th/vps.php

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited May 2013

Japan: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/10531/japanese-vps-providers-roundup/p1

However I pinged www.servenet.co.th (just as a TH IP example) from the 3 JP VPSes that I currently have, got 100, 110 and 134ms, seems to be not as good as hk.edis.at (57ms) or Oneasiahost (64ms) for Thailand. On the other hand you can get a 1-2 GB RAM VPS for pretty cheap in JP, while such high RAM will cost you a fortune with both EDIS and OAH.

edited May 2013

@rm_ - I would assume that JP is not "near Thailand" (it's like saying that France is near Finland :))

@gbshouse I agree, just looked, whoa 4600km between Tokyo and Bangkok; still decided to post some pings because the author said:

this could be in singapore or japan.

• aglodekaglodek Member

Yeah, people in Europe and the US have a weird slant on Asian geography... FYI all: Japan to Thailand is about the same as Northern Africa to Finland. And even farther in terms of network latency - about the same as US East Coast to Europe. Well, at least one area where Asia's "tigers" are not likely to catch up anytime soon. And Asian ISP's pricing strategies ensure business (and resulting new infrastructure development) goes to US and EU ;)

True about the nice pricing in Japan, but for some reason ~100ms to Hong Kong, let alone Thailand.

• MikyMiky Member

Never forget that some countries do not enjoy a free form government censorship internet. Even if Thailand is not the worst one, you cannot rely on the best connectivity with the "outside" world.

• @andrzej I want something near my country as much as possible,but from my experience many host use singapore and japan datacenter. Webhosting in Thailand are expensive, don't talk about bad support.

• rds100rds100 Member

@Miky said:
    Never forget that some countries do not enjoy a free form government censorship internet.

Some? Can you tell me at least one country which has uncensored internet?

• rds100rds100 Member

@rm_ excuse me, but USA is listed as "little or no censorship"? Really? I read an article yesterday, some kid is facing 20 years in prison for posting something on facebook.

And UK? I am sure some of the UK people on this forum can comment on that...

And Germany? Try saying that the holocaust didn't happen and see what happens.

@rds100 I agree about the USA but you can't invalidate the whole list on the basis of a couple of items you disagree with, as well as claim that there is no single country in the world without censorship of the internet.

• aglodekaglodek Member

@enderman said: I want something near my country as much as possible,but from my experience many host use singapore and japan datacenter. Webhosting in Thailand are expensive, don't talk about bad support.

Exactly my point. Ideally, you would like to host in Thailand. But Thai ISP's (same thing all over Asia, BTW) do a really great job pushing customers away, in essence forcing you to find hosting elsewhere. In China, even the government chips in, requiring a special license to run a website in country. Singapore and Hong Kong are marginally better price-wise, with English language support (as opposed to practically all other locations including Japan) and with no speed-bumps (read: government firewalls) in place. Hence, they get a bit more business. As said here earlier, Japan is much more competitive but at a 100ms+ "penalty" to SE Asia and Japanese customer support...

• MikyMiky Member

Sorry @rm_, but those lists (or the way they are done) is a huge joke!

edited May 2013

@andrzej - we are happy with our Thai provider and their support is on average+ level (very friendly and trying hard).

Regarding connectivity (single homed CAT http://bgp.he.net/AS45413): ~ 55ms to Hong Kong, ~ 160ms to mainland China, ~ 100ms to Japan, ~ 65ms to India, ~ 65ms to Singapore

edited May 2013

@gbshouse but they are $26 for the cheapest lowest-spec VPS, and a VPS that would be enough for Minecraft, would cost $91.

@rm_ - I agree that they are not in LET/LEB range but to be honest there are only few providers in this range in AP (OneAsiaHost, Edis and maybe VPSNine)