Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi KS-3C is in stock again - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi KS-3C is in stock again

Comments

• Got 2x i5 16GB :) not bad

• racksx said: Got 2x i5 16GB :) not bad

Location?

• DzejkobDzejkob Member
    edited February 2017

In progress. Look OK.

• stabstab Member
    edited February 2017

8G i3-2130 1x2TB Server - BHS1

Kind of disappointing, but really not a big deal in the long run for my purposes.

• hawkjohn7 said: anyone got 1gbps connection?

Never heard about a Kimsufi server with 1gbit connection. Think the speed is restricted in the switch.

• racksxracksx Member
    edited February 2017

France RBX5 RBX4

• Looks like mostly France got the I5. Did anybody ordered canada and got a I5?

System Info

Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570S CPU @ 3.10GHz
    CPU Cores : 4
    Frequency : 1600.011 MHz
    Memory : 15933 MB
    Swap : MB
    Uptime : 29 min,

Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel : 3.14.32-xxxx-grs-ipv6-64
    Hostname : nsXXXXXX.ip-198-XX-XX.net

Speedtest (IPv4 only)

Your public IPv4 is 198.xx.xx.xx

Location Provider Speed
    CDN Cachefly 11.2MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US Coloat 3.36MB/s
    Dallas, TX, US Softlayer 10.9MB/s
    Seattle, WA, US Softlayer 10.4MB/s
    San Jose, CA, US Softlayer 10.6MB/s
    Washington, DC, US Softlayer 11.0MB/s

Tokyo, Japan Linode 5.02MB/s
    Singapore Softlayer 5.24MB/s

Rotterdam, Netherlands id3.net 5.37MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands Leaseweb 11.0MB/s

Disk Speed

I/O (1st run) : 153 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run) : 154 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run) : 156 MB/s
    Average I/O : 154.333 MB/s

• My order is in process, they took the money

• They already had network problems on some servers the first time they got offered months ago.
    Wouldn't hold my breath on network improving any time soon.

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Got the i3 in Canada, damn.

• My 6 x servers in BHS and RBX1 have never had speed issues. Always get 100mbit on them. Etc, I'm using BHS servers to torrents, and always get full speed downloading to my servers and back home to Norway.

• @myhken said:

hawkjohn7 said: anyone got 1gbps connection?

Never heard about a Kimsufi server with 1gbit connection. Think the speed is restricted in the switch.

Nah, the boss of OVH said two or three years ago that they will replace all their 100Mbps switch into Gbps ones in all datacenters, but the outbound will be still limited to 100Mbps. And some of the old RBX kimis do got their update according to some feedbacks here. But haven't heard a lot about the replace process since then, maybe they just gave it up.

• I'd replace my current France one but no more left there.

• Single disk dedi? Sounds kinda scary.

• Tion said: They already had network problems on some servers the first time they got offered months ago.

Seems like if you are lucky you have no problem if you are not you are screwed. OVH gamble!

I wonder why the problem is not everywhere and is mostly on download speed, not on upload speed (from my tests). Bandwidth is supposed to be more congested on upload than download in a datacenter...

Noisy neighbors? Switch problem?

• @bashlyk said:
    Single disk dedi? Sounds kinda scary.

What do you expect for a 9euro i3/i5 dedi? HW Raid 10 with brand new disk? Unrealistic!

bashlyk said: Single disk dedi? Sounds kinda scary.

Maybe don't run production on a 9eur dedi :P

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • nhocconan said: What do you expect for a 9euro i3/i5 dedi? HW Raid 10 with brand new disk?

Nope. RAID 1 with datacenter grade SSD!

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited February 2017

Tion said: They already had network problems on some servers the first time they got offered months ago.

Back then it was the BHS2 story, almost everyone in that DC had poor download speeds.

And yes there was no useful response or any sort of solution from support, as far as I know, even to this day.

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • I'm thinking to buy this since the stock is still available. But I don't know what to do besides torrenting :s

• @HBAndrei said:

I'm running production on one of thees. But I have DNS failover and two live backup servers at other hosts and really good backup routines. So if the disk goes, 1 minute later my sites is up and running nice on the next server.

• Damn you, thread.

Well, I guess my KS-1s are finally going to get retired in March.

• For those who are asking, it is still possible to get i5's in BHS (Canada).

I've never owned a Kimsufi before so I just created an account and ordered two of the KS-3C for backup boxes (around 9:00AM PST). The first order was approved immediately and the second order said that payment had to be approved manually. It was approved within 30 minutes.

I just logged into both of the servers and was delighted to find that they are both Intel Core i5-3570S CPU @ 3.10GHz.
    I'm on the West Coast of the US and Kimsufi automatically dropped the VAT charge as well. Even with the standard i3 these are a spectacular deal for 8.99 €/month!

• Just ordered and was given i5 BHS2 location.

@myhken said:

@HBAndrei said:

I'm running production on one of thees. But I have DNS failover and two live backup servers at other hosts and really good backup routines. So if the disk goes, 1 minute later my sites is up and running nice on the next server.

That makes sense, yeah.

• Dammit. Provision me already.

• Same here a i5 in BHS2

• ordered one, lets see whats the spec later :D, thanks OP

• Got an i5-3570S and 16GB of RAM in BHS2, and no fucking slow downloads speeds this time. LET's celebrate!

Thanked by 2WSS ehab