Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi KS-3C is in stock again - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi KS-3C is in stock again

Comments

• Not promo-priced ones, everyone stand-down

• Oh yeah - false alarm. Well that's decision made!

• arpiantimatharpiantimath Member
    edited February 2017

i just see ks1 available from my bot

edit: gone again.

• Anybody got i5 on ordering KS3C today?

• Lots of KS1 coming in and out of stock, they must be doing some spring cleaning

• @Luke007 said:
    Anybody got i5 on ordering KS3C today?

what?

I miss something today.

• hawkjohn7 said: I miss something today

KS 3C was available for some time today, not on offer price though.

• didtavdidtav Member
    edited February 2017

huh? i just noticed that even the regular ks-3c is disappear. is this because they are fixing the network problem..?

• Between KS 3C (promo price) and Online's XC DEALS 1701.2 (120 GB SSD), which one is a better deal?
    If you are given a choice to select only one, which one would you choose?

• Your order was paid on 24/02/2017 a 14:37:49 - Your order is in progress

:/

• Looks like they have deployed my BHS order first, too bad it's only a 2130 so I think I will let it expire at the end of month

root@ns503819:~# wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    Benchmark started on lun 27 feb 2017, 10.14.17, EST
    Full benchmark log: /root/bench.log

System Info
    -----------
    Processor   : Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2130 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    CPU Cores   : 4
    Frequency   : 1599.992 MHz
    Memory      : 7869 MB
    Swap        :  MB
    Uptime      : 11 min,

OS      : 
    Arch        : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel      : 3.14.32-xxxx-grs-ipv6-64
    Hostname    : ns503819.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.net

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Your public IPv4 is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Location        Provider    Speed
    CDN         Cachefly    11,2MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US     Coloat      3,35MB/s 
    Dallas, TX, US      Softlayer   10,9MB/s 
    Seattle, WA, US     Softlayer   9,74MB/s 
    San Jose, CA, US    Softlayer   10,6MB/s 
    Washington, DC, US  Softlayer   2,05MB/s 

Tokyo, Japan        Linode      4,28MB/s 
    Singapore       Softlayer   6,04MB/s 

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net     4,97MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb    5,70MB/s 

Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run)   : 146 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run)   : 146 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run)   : 147 MB/s
    Average I/O : 146.333 MB/s

9 Power_On_Hours          0x0012   098   098   000    Old_age   Always       -       17296

• didtav said: i just noticed that even the regular ks-3c is disappear

They have validated my account today and the KS 3C promo deal is still in my cart (valid for another 14 days :D )

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited February 2017

@Luke007 said:
    Between KS 3C (promo price) and Online's XC DEALS 1701.2 (120 GB SSD), which one is a better deal?

The SSD's are garbage in those 1701.2's, they're only marginally quicker than the 1TB disks in the 1701.1.

It really depends on your use case - Online's network is superior, their support is better, and the server is cheaper overall with no setup fee. KS3C has the bigger disk and the chance of a much better processor, but is more expensive and the capped network can be a pain.

Neither is a regrettable purchase overall.

Thanked by 1Luke007
  • In customer panel Kimsufi can not see my order, but the link with the order works. Is it normal?

When you see the available server goes to a Home Kimsufi and will go to my cancer?

• @Dzejkob said:
    When you see the available server goes to a Home Kimsufi and will go to my cancer?

A what now?

• Luke007 said: Between KS 3C (promo price) and Online's XC DEALS 1701.2 (120 GB SSD), which one is a better deal?

Depends what you want. If you want to store backup, big files -> the KS, if you want to host websites the online.net one as online support is better & faster IOps will help you for database intensive applications + the SSD if it's good quality (the 160GB intel is supposed to be better than this 120GB AFAIK) it might last longer than the HDD.

Nekki said: they're only marginally quicker than the 1TB disks in the 1701.1.

Right, but iops is what makes SSD usefull no dd benchmarks :)

Thanked by 1Luke007
  • @Luke007 said:

I just got my server delivered today, i5-3750S in GRA, ordered it not today though.

Thanked by 1ljseals
  • @Sixell said:

@Luke007 said:

I just got my server delivered today, i5-3750S in GRA, ordered it not today though.

What hour you order this server?
    You can see order in Kimsufi Panel?

• DarwinDarwin Member
    edited February 2017

@Luke007 said:
    Between KS 3C (promo price) and Online's XC DEALS 1701.2 (120 GB SSD), which one is a better deal?

If you bought a server with a small ssd my bet is that you want processing power over storage. Keep online.net's server, better cpu, ecc ram and, even if that ssd is garbage, better iops than a hdd.

Edit: my bad, that is an avoton. Keep it if your KS 3C is an I3 or if you need ssd iops.

Thanked by 1Luke007
  • @Sixell said:

@Luke007 said:

Those kimsufis in GRA have about 4x better network than those in RBX in my experience.

• @Dzejkob said:

@Sixell said:

@Luke007 said:

What hour you order this server?
    You can see order in Kimsufi Panel?

24-02-2017 11:29:42 according to the invoice.

Yes, I think it will appear on My bills page once your server get delivered.

@teamacc said:

@Sixell said:

@Luke007 said:

Those kimsufis in GRA have about 4x better network than those in RBX in my experience.

Yup, I also have some servers in RBX, the network is good but GRA is better.

Thanked by 1ljseals
  • WSSWSS Member
    edited February 2017

..and it's gone. ...and it's back again!

• @Luke007 said:
    They have validated my account today and the KS 3C promo deal is still in my cart (valid for another 14 days :D )

Same here, now my order is being processed. Hope it's an i5...

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited February 2017

teamacc said: Those kimsufis in GRA have about 4x better network than those in RBX in my experience.

There are bad network RBX (RBX4 this time for many people) and there are good network RBX (RBX1 and RBX5 for me). With the good network RBX ones there is no significant difference to GRA.

In fact some have servers with good network in RBX4 as well, so it's somewhat puzzling as to what's the actual problem there.

• @rm_ said:

teamacc said: Those kimsufis in GRA have about 4x better network than those in RBX in my experience.

There are bad network RBX (RBX4 this time for many people) and there are good network RBX (RBX1 and RBX5 for me). With the good network RBX ones there is no significant difference to GRA.

In fact some have servers with good network in RBX4 as well, so it's somewhat puzzling as to what's the actual problem there.

I can upload to my GRA server from home at 100mbit/s

I can upload to my RBX server from home at 50mbit/s

I can upload to my RBX server THROUGH online.net at 100mbit/s

So it does not appear to be a saturated switch issue close to the server. More likely, some DC-wide ports are saturated somehow.

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited February 2017

teamacc said: So it does not appear to be a saturated switch issue close to the server. More likely, some DC-wide ports are saturated somehow.

Yeah to me it seems like saturated link somewhere, as the network is great from/to OVH and from/to online.net and a couple of other locations...

Don't know how their internal routing is done though.

Did you guys had answers to your tickets?

The support guy who answered me seems to believe that the situation is totally normal (as speed to/from proof.ovh.net if great) and says it should come from a software problem on my side. WTF do they smoke? :P

Anyway upload is pretty good and that's probably what's most important for a server, but uploading a backup or a big file to RBX4 from the US or even from some providers on NL would take forever :/ Let's hope they acknowledge the problem and fix that someday...

• Glory be to God! Lock and loaded with two servers.... Sent twitter message to Oles and OVH Support in French.

s’il vous plaît fournir mes serveurs.. ha haaaaa!

• ljsealsljseals Member
    edited February 2017

Mine shows I3 on the dash so I really do not know yet what I have. Even with the I3 it will be hard to beat this deal...

• Was that at a promo price? At the regular price it doesn't seem as attractive as some of the alternatives.

I like the way they now say "victim of its success" like online ;).