Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Strange conduit of Asian people .... - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Strange conduit of Asian people ....

Comments

• chinese people are so many in this world. that is why.

just ban them or ban any region you don't like to do business with.
    you have the right to do so, and they have right to choose which provider they are going to do business with.

easy and simple

• didtav said: chinese people are so many in this world. that is why.

The Chinese do not even have to fight to win someone, simply enter another country :)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

How cociu wadya taakin bout man, ya sites got nee squiggles tha obvz ganna gan tee paypal.

I think I made my point.

• You know, Chinese money is not easy to earn, they are yellow locust

• @jojok said:
    You know, Chinese money is not easy to earn, they are yellow locust

I thought they used the Yuan. My bad.

• @cociu said:

Leonn said: so just list some solutions someone have done

understand perfectly , but "someone" is wrong here , at least i think this is discrimination ... but how to avoid this in the future ? this is my question ,...

put a very big red blinking button called 'DISPUTE' on your site and into any mail regarding payments which leads the customer to a simple form where he can fill in a short reason why he's not agreeing to whatever payment. let this form open a ticket for you both...

• @permatahost said:
    i am asian but i never do that :D

Me too. :D

• hawkjohn7 said: I am asian, i always contact isp first, but if 2x24 hours without answers i'll open disput

Billing is Monday - Friday with most US providers.

Thanked by 2notFrecyboy Plioser
  • Asian see this dispute as an feature, easy-way refund.
    Western see this dispute as an crime, worse-way refund.
    And they must have talk ahahaha...

I am Asian, and I always contact the provider first. Most case have been resolved by support ticket.

• doughmanes said: Billing is Monday - Friday with most US providers

Same thing for a lot of EU providers too and i bet @cociu can confirm that.

• @zafouhar said:

@cociu said:
    To be verry clear , i am not rasist or acuse something.... just i have a question in my mind so maybe some people have explication....

I am in the hosting business from 2004 and i can confirm have at least 100 similar case :

the users buy our service with a recurring price and is forgott to cancel the recurring from paypal account and sometimes is pay manually the invoice, in this case we recive 2 time the same payment , one from manually payment and second from recurring.

Now , this is a easy issue , in normal case you only need to open a tiket and ask for a refound for the 2 payment and is resolved.... BUT .... my question is ... way the most asian people is going directly to open a dispute in paypal ?

Do the changes below and the duplicate payments will be reduced massively.

Open viewinvoice.tpl line 58 and do this change:

{if $status eq "Unpaid" and !$subscrid}

> {$LANG.invoicesdatedue}: {$datedue} >

> {$paymentbutton} >
                          {else}You already have a Paypal subscription.
                        {/if}

Line 108:

<

div class="row">

> {$LANG.paymentmethod}:
    > > {if !$subscrid} > {if $status eq "Unpaid" && $allowchangegateway} > > {$gatewaydropdown} > > {else} > {$paymentmethod} > {/if} > {else}You already have a Paypal subscription.{/if} > >

>

thanks so much, i'll try that out on my whmcs

• bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited February 2017

Part of the problem seems to be rooted in whcms being shitty in some aspects. I'm a cociu customer, too, and I also experienced a situation like that. Frankly, the reason I took it easy is because I trust cociu, but I can perfectly well understand if someone else ticks out.

See it this way: The situation can only arise because I TRUSTED you - and then suddenly I find out that you (the provider) took money out of my account although I already payed? If that pisses me off, then I feel perfectly right.

I don't know how that could be done in whcms but you should do two things:
    a) shut off them stupid monthly auto-mails by whcms for customers who payed front-up.
    b) - particularly for the (in this case chinese) clients you describe: Make whcms send an email 4 weeks in advance like "dear customer, soon the 12 months are over. Please, either transfer the money for another year by yourself or be informed that otherwise the system will automatically take those funds from your paypal account unless you cancel your subscription"

May China always be well and prosper and blow everyone out of the water who terrorizes the Chinese or threatens them!

• I think this is because different countries have different habits, as well as cultural differences and other factors, resulting in this phenomenon. In fact, is a misunderstanding, this process requires patience, understanding, communication, both sides should not use any impulsive means.

• You sell cheap things, it attracts asians. Try raise your price higher, maybe you will get some arabs onboard, which have power to buy your whole business, meanwhile they're asian too.

You're just had badluck, pray in the corner and cry, may the force with you.

Thanked by 1Xei
  • @bap said:
    Asian see this dispute as an feature, easy-way refund.

I am Asian, and I always contact the provider first. Most case have been resolved by support ticket.

That's why I love aliexpress, you can just get your money back for everything, even if the item works perfectly fine.

You just screw the seller, that's the Chinese way of life.

Thanked by 2netomx Plioser
  • @tr1cky said:

@bap said:
    Asian see this dispute as an feature, easy-way refund.

That's why I love aliexpress, you can just get your money back for everything, even if the item works perfectly fine.

You just screw the seller, that's the Chinese way of life.

Brilliant !

• @bsdguy said:
    Part of the problem seems to be rooted in whcms being shitty in some aspects. I'm a cociu customer, too, and I also experienced a situation like that. Frankly, the reason I took it easy is because I trust cociu, but I can perfectly well understand if someone else ticks out.

See it this way: The situation can only arise because I TRUSTED you - and then suddenly I find out that you (the provider) took money out of my account although I already payed? If that pisses me off, then I feel perfectly right.

a) shut off them stupid monthly auto-mails by whcms for customers who payed front-up.
    b) - particularly for the (in this case chinese) clients you describe: Make whcms send an email 4 weeks in advance like "dear customer, soon the 12 months are over. Please, either transfer the money for another year by yourself or be informed that otherwise the system will automatically take those funds from your paypal account unless you cancel your subscription"

May China always be well and prosper and blow everyone out of the water who terrorizes the Chinese or threatens them!

WHMCS should not allow payments to invoices when there is a PayPal subscription, this is what the code I added earlier on in this thread does - it disables the PayPal buttons when there is a PayPal subscription ID defined. Now users can still go around this and add funds for example but at least it reduces the amount of users that will do that.

• tr1cky said: That's why I love aliexpress, you can just get your money back for everything, even if the item works perfectly fine.

Good luck trying to get something as basic as a tracking number with some sellers on AliExpress

• @doughmanes

Guess you're just unlucky.

Most of my tracking numbers are ePacket-based (which means tracked door-to-door, and it takes around two weeks from Hong Kong to Canada).

Thanked by 2doughmanes netomx
  • doughmanesdoughmanes Member
    edited February 2017

Nah just these 2 sellers of a product I resell. I'm getting one of my best sellers I deal with regularly to make their products and cut them out. Best part is I tell these sellers before hand these are sample orders for later bulk orders.

• edited February 2017

I'm asian people ...
    I'm preferer for give 2 choice:
    1. Checkout
    2. Subscribe

then up to the costumer for choice the payment method.

• It's better than DDoS your servers if they wanted refund but you disagreed.

• gongyigongyi Member
    edited February 2017

@alaningus said:

@jojok said:

You make me sick!

• @zafouhar said:

@bsdguy said:

WHMCS should not allow payments to invoices when there is a PayPal subscription, this is what the code I added earlier on in this thread does - it disables the PayPal buttons when there is a PayPal subscription ID defined. Now users can still go around this and add funds for example but at least it reduces the amount of users that will do that.

This sounds like a great idea. Thank you, I shall implement this on my website.

• @gongyi said:

@alaningus said:

@jojok said:

You make me sick!

Er, you do know that I was quoting someone else?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

jojok said: You know, Chinese money is not easy to earn, they are yellow locust

Just to be clear, discussing cultural peculiarities around dispute resolution or payment gateways is totally legit, but referring to 1 billion+ people as "yellow locust" is over the line.

• I think opening a dispute is easier for most, and they wouldn't know the impact it can have on the seller. I used to be that guy..

• raindog308 said: "yellow locust"

Can someone explain what that means? Google led me to this tree? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robinia_pseudoacacia

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@tr1cky said:

raindog308 said: "yellow locust"

Can someone explain what that means? Google led me to this tree? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robinia_pseudoacacia

A locust is an insect, and yellow I don't need to explain the racist connotation. Poster was obviously trying to invent a demeaning term for the whole Chinese population.

• In some Chinese e-commerce website, "dispute" may be the standard procedure of getting refund, either in full or partial. For example, you purchased a $20 CD and it arrived with its case cracked. You then open a "dispute" on the site so that you can discuss with the seller to find out a solution. Let's say you both agree that you'll get a $5 refund, you then fill the form to pay $15 for this purchase, and the seller just needs to accept that. Case closed.

If they are following the same procedure on Paypal with their experience and knowledge, you know things can go wrong.