Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best hosting location to serve worldwide
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best hosting location to serve worldwide

dedicadosdedicados Member
edited February 2017 in Help

Hi, just wondering, which will be the best location to have a cpanel server to serve customers from latin america, china, australia, etc..

Will work a 10Gbps server better than 1Gbps for latency and speed? (can be VPS, KVM)

I have domain in cloudns, with anycast dns, but location is on USA, but i want to know where will be the best place.

Comments

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

1Gbps is enough unless you use a ton of bandwidth. 10Gbps won't give better latency than 1Gbps.

As far as location, find a middle point of all locations that will give decent ping to all countries.

• dedicados said: latin america, china, australia

For these countries, US west coast would be nice.

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I wouldn't have expected it but I get almost no complaints of network latency to Dallas causing degradation of service. Pretty good stuff from NYC too.

Of course it all depends on carriers used too.

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Dallas is the best from what I've seen if you don't want to have multiple PoPs.

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • dedicadosdedicados Member
    edited February 2017

server right now is on LA, should work.

maybe is something with the firewall, i will check it

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited February 2017

dedicados said: dedicados

@cociu says Romania, Nigeria and NK. There is no reason not to trust him as expert

Thanked by 1Yura
  • The best server location is server nearest to you, and also you can use CDN service to serve faster around the world.

• LA probably for now until OVH's west coast US DC launches

• @jenkki said:

@cociu says Romania, Nigeria and NK. There is no reason not to trust him as expert

Mali also has a very good a network .

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • @brionz said:
    The best server location is server nearest to you, and also you can use CDN service to serve faster around the world.

Did you just copy/paste that without reading OP?

• Just put a node up at MAE-WEST, and one at MAE-EAST. Oh, wait, I'm 20 years late with my response. Oops-a-daisy!

• Los angeles will be the best but it also depent which datacenter you use

• permatahostpermatahost Member
    edited February 2017

@maldovia said:

@jenkki said:

Mali also has a very good a network .

Papua had better

• permatahost said: Papua had better

Not actually, no nuke no fun