Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Backupsy vs ZXHost
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Backupsy vs ZXHost

Hi all,

I've been looking for a storage VPS for a while to store some backups and seem to have narrowed it down to either Backupsy (London) or ZXHost (Germany).
Both companies seem to have good reputations and are well respected on these boards - important!

I only really need ~250Gb and don't mind spending up to £/$/€ 15/month for the right provider.

I was hoping you could all help me decide?
Has anyone tried both?

Although I'd prefer a London location, ZXHost does seem to offer "more bang for your buck" for their 500GB-1GB-£9/month plan compared to Backupsy's 250GB-512Mb-$9/month plan (with their 40% discount).

I've looked at BuyVM or time4VPS but unfortunately their locations won't work for me.

Thank you!

Comments

• +ZXHost

Thanked by 3Falzo Junkless GCat
    • do not prepay > 1 year and check for reviews/support
    • only use monthly from a provider operating < 1 year 🍆
  • yup... +1 zxhost.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • Although I'd prefer a London location

FYI, Backupsy uses HostDime's Custodian DC location in Maidstone. Unfortunately, not in London.

Thanked by 1GCat

Cheap VPS - VPSDime

• NekkiNekki Moderator

ZXHost.

Thanked by 1GCat

Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

• Zxhost

Thanked by 1GCat
  • No idea about ZXHost, but Backupsy was good to me in the past.

For those who care:
    You can now find me at https://talk.lowendspirit.com or https://www.hostballs.com

• MikePTMikePT Member, Provider
    edited February 2017

We've been using @serverian / Backupsy for a few years. VPS is stable, and network is superb. If you're looking for a very reliable service, then Backupsy is the answer.
    Oktay is also a great guy to deal with and talk to.

• NekkiNekki Moderator
    edited February 2017

@serverian said:

Although I'd prefer a London location

FYI, Backupsy uses HostDime's Custodian DC location in Maidstone. Unfortunately, not in London.

Fun fact: I had my stag do in Maidstone. Not in Custodian's DC, obviously. Mental club there called Strawberry Fields, it's like £25 for 2 drinks. Started a 9-man brawl in a KFC. Got back to the hotel at 4am, couldn't sleep because the bloke in the next room was absolutely annihilating his lady friend. He was pretty angry when I knocked on his door suggested that since I could hear every single thrust through the wall, they might as well let me in to watch.

Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

• @Nekki said:

@serverian said:

Fun fact: I had my stag do in Maidstone. Not in Custodian's DC, obviously. Mental club there called Strawberry Fields, it's like £25 for 2 drinks. Started a 9-man brawl in a KFC. Got back to the hotel at 4am, couldn't sleep because the bloke in the next room was absolutely annihilating his lady friend. He was pretty angry when I knocked on his door suggested that since I could hear every single thrust through the wall, they might as well let me in to watch.

• Noy sure about zxhost but backupsy is good

Permatahost - $1/Year SSD Shared Hosting
    Available location : US,Canada , Singapore and Luxembourg

• zxhost is great.

vps/dedi/webhosting wiki:https://zhujiwiki.com/

• JackHJackH Moderator

@Nekki said:

@serverian said:

Why aren't you on Discord @Nekki !?!?!? :')

NVMe KVM VPS in Amsterdam, Stockholm, Oslo, Vienna and LA ($2.50/1GB RAM/10GB NVMe/month) (AFF LINK)

• NekkiNekki Moderator

@jackhadrill said:

@Nekki said:

@serverian said:

Why aren't you on Discord @Nekki !?!?!? :')

@Ishaq banned me.

• Both are rock solid. But it seems ZXHost is cheaper.

Shared: Smallweb | VPS: FlowVPS, VirMach, InceptionHosting, NexusBytes
    Gapps legacy 100/200 users cheap 4 sale. PM

• Backupsy.. has been using for 3 years.. fast backup