Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any slackware fans here?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any slackware fans here?

rds100rds100 Member

Are there any slackware fans here?

Do you know what's the status of www.linuxpackages.net ?
I am providing a mirror for them, but it seems to have been dead for a very long time - doesn't resolve. I am wondering if i should just delete the mirror and forget about it, or is there any chance that the linuxpackages.net website would be resurrected one day.

Comments

• vRozenSch00nvRozenSch00n Member
    edited May 2013

I am one in fact :) I'm not sure what happened to www.linuxpackages.net but yeah, we are lack of human resources compared to other distros

• nerouxneroux Member

Looks like their nameservers are not functioning properly. One is not reachable at all and the second rejects queries.

• rds100rds100 Member

@neroux yeah, and it has been like this for months.

• nerouxneroux Member

@rds100
    Do you have a contact there you could ask? If not you could try the att.net address in the whois.

• rds100rds100 Member

@neroux i emailed someone @slackware.com (since i also have an official slackware mirror), maybe they will know what's going on. We'll see.

• @neroux i emailed someone @slackware.com (since i also have an official slackware mirror), maybe they will know what's going on. We'll see.@rds100

Please post the progress, mate.