Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I Love LET
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I Love LET

Now this is more I like it. I really feel at home :)

Comments

• sonicsonic Veteran

me too :x

• It's green again!

• @Simple3x it's mah favorite.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2013

Yes I love changing my password every day. And the downtime.

Edit: and the issues... like I was randomly signed out, and just now a thread wasn't loading.

• ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
    edited May 2013

LET is coming back to normal.

If you can get things to load, anyway.

I'm seeing this little ugly creature way too often.

• support123support123 Member
    edited May 2013

who is that guy? I see him so often :D

• It's been awhile hmm
    Still, I like the old theme better
    not feeling good with current theme with my eye sight

• NoermanNoerman Member
    edited May 2013

Whatttt??

• Ben1002Ben1002 Member

Hmm, its looking nice. Just a couple of bits.
    Dont like how the bar just suddenly stops

• @BenND that's ugly!

• taronyutaronyu Member

Is it possible to get the yellow 'unread' boxes also behind the new/unread threads?

Right now it feels like I watched 2/3rd of the forum but I'm missing many topics.

• vanarpvanarp Member

@Liam I think there are no TAGS displayed on posts. Hopefully this a known issue and being worked..

• Whats up with this minion close this thread thing? Is it a plugin or something?

• DaosmbDaosmb Member

feel at home

I agree community members must love it, but then was small issue what if your home's ownership was changed silently and the new owner made use of it, he bought it and changed its nature (which was neutrality, peaceful home) that was since it was built by you, yet new owner allowed himself to attempt and eventually successful change that to self commercial interest which was running for months or years, then you discovered so later even though the owner tried to hide it, will that make you: 1) love it as before 2) try to get it 3) move to different place?

• Remove teh ability to see who flagged which post, privacy!

• IshaqIshaq Member

This is weird.

I had the same idea to use a bot to close the owner's thread.

It was like "bot close thread"

And it was even before LET got hacked.

• edited May 2013

Apart from the additional white everywhere I welcome our new overlords. People were moaning about the ownership of LET for a long time before recent events.

• EpidriveEpidrive Member
    edited May 2013

Guys you really gotta stop complaining about this ownership thing whatsoever. Remember that youre not paying for premium or corporate memberships here, so dont act as if its a big thing. After all, you gotta admit that LEB did a big part for us, if it was not because of LEB/LET i bet you wont be even able to see a 3GB VM for $7.

• @titanicsaled said:
    Whats up with this minion close this thread thing? Is it a plugin or something?

I think so. It would be pretty cool if that would actually work!

• DaosmbDaosmb Member
    edited May 2013

Unfortunately this is not possible when NDA's etc are in force. To my knowledge, the sale was only completed very recently.

phew I was scared by the new "notifications" icon up there, thought it was a ban (i.e. "deserved ban you idiot" :d).

So thanks @liam for replying, as far as I knew from the WHT post it was changed a long time ago. I love let as well, but don't blame others who finds some or all of those changes not in the benefit of the community, etc.

• LeeLee Veteran

@Daosmb said:
    I agree community members must love it, but then was small issue what if your home's ownership was changed silently and the new owner made use of it, he bought it and changed its nature (which was neutrality, peaceful home) that was since it was built by you, yet new owner allowed himself to attempt and eventually successful change that to self commercial interest which was running for months or years, then you discovered so later even though the owner tried to hide it, will that make you: 1) love it as before 2) try to get it 3) move to different place?

To be honest, this is a forum, you are a member. How many forums or websites can you honestly say you know the history of who owns it, owned it, whether it is up for sale and so on.

Seriously, get the fuck over it to everyone not just you. Whilst it is was fun to out CC the actual transaction between Chief and CC is inconsequential. Indeed it could have been sold to any number of people/companies. It seems Chief was only interested in the ticket value.

Too many people whining about not being told things that they were not entitled to be told.

You are a guest in this house and the host only needs to entertain you as such, not treat you like a partner!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2013

@Simple3x said:
    Guys you really gotta stop complaining about this ownership thing whatsoever. Remember that youre not paying for premium or corporate memberships here, so dont act as if its a big thing. After all, you gotta admit that LEB did a big part for us, if it was not because of LEB/LET i bet you wont be even able to see a 3GB VM for $7.

Exactly. I mean who cares if negative reviews of chicagovps get deleted? (reference: @mnpeep) It's just a community where everyone comes together to talk about VPS except that you can no longer trust that the content will be accurate when relevant to the new owners and their long time friends :)

Pour the koolaid! :D

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited May 2013

@jarland said:
    Pour the koolaid! :D

Perhaps, but let's not confuse 2 issues. Everyone is getting all upset because they were not told about an ownership change, which is not really their business or issue to worry about. It was however Drama inducing because it was CC and we knew that.

Now whether that new owner is connected to, sleeping with or employer of anyone connected to Chicagovps is a different story line alltogether.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@W1V_Lee You know me, just pouring gasoline on a fire :)

So much brown nosing here though, I smile every time I read it.

• @jarland said:
    W1V_Lee You know me, just pouring gasoline on a fire :)

So much brown nosing here though, I smile every time I read it.

I think it may be people giving it a chance. People were complaining about ownership by chief and the commercial aspect of the forum before this whole other drama took over.

If threads are being deleted for pure commercial reason, then yes that is wrong.

• @ShardHost said:
    If threads are being deleted for pure commercial reason, then yes that is wrong.

IMHO as we all now know the owner of the forum is a corporation, as a provider you cannot expect much, unless you are their downstream or reseller.

As for many non provider readers it doesn't impact much.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

who is new owner?

• @DewlanceVPS said:
    who is new owner?

Colocrossing