Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need to sell 2 super micro servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I need to sell 2 super micro servers

armindsarminds Member, Host Rep
edited February 2017 in Providers

Hello,

I don't know if I can sell 2 used supermicro servers here. If it is OK. Please reply to provide the specs.

Update:

We are selling 2 used Servers with the below specs per server:

1U SuperMicro Server 4-bay Hot Swappable

Motherboard Supermicro X9SCL/X9SCM*

Intel Xeon Quad Core E3-1230 Porcessor "3.2GHz - 8MB Cache"

16GB RAM (4x4GB) DDR3-1333 ECC

4 x 1TB Seagate HDD 3.5in

Onboard IPMI

Price is $600 or best offer for both servers bought together excluding shipping from Lenoire, North Carolina.

The servers are fully operational until this moment, but we are selling because it causes extra overhead with no business usage.

Comments

• I think it's OK, people sell hardware here from time to time.

@jarland can confirm maybe but you probably can go on :)

• skbenterpriseskbenterprise Member, Patron Provider

I am interested in which specifications it has. Can you provide them?

• armindsarminds Member, Host Rep

@datanoise said:
    I think it's OK, people sell hardware here from time to time.

@jarland can confirm maybe but you probably can go on :)

Thanks a lot

• RapidDediRapidDedi Member, Patron Provider

I'm interested too, let me know the spec

edited February 2017

@sbakker said:
    I am interested in which specifications it has. Can you provide them?

Thanks a lot for your interest.

We are selling 2 used Servers with the below specs per server:

• SuperMicro Server 4-bay Hot Swappable

• Motherboard Supermicro X9SCL/X9SCM*

• Intel Xeon Quad Core E3-1230 Porcessor "3.2GHz - 8MB Cache"

• 16GB RAM (4x4GB) DDR3-1333 ECC

• 4 x 1TB Seagate HDD 3.5in

• Onboard IPMI

Price is $600 or best offer for both servers bought together excluding shipping from Lenoire, North Carolina.

The servers are fully operational until this moment, but we are selling because it causes extra overhead with no business usage.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Case by case basis. New members can definitely NOT sell hardware thanks to Joshua Prout. I'll allow it here.

Thanked by 1netomx

@jarland said:
    Case by case basis. New members can definitely NOT sell hardware thanks to Joshua Prout. I'll allow it here.

Thanks a lot. I appreciate

• arminds said: We are selling 2 used Servers

Could you tell us what PSU is provided with those servers?

• skbenterpriseskbenterprise Member, Patron Provider

1) How old is the hardware?
    2) Do you ship to the Netherlands?

@sbakker said:
    1) How old is the hardware?
    2) Do you ship to the Netherlands?

Since 2013, and bought new.

I believe it will be difficult to ship to Netherlands. But if you can handle the shipping and pickup it is ok.

@datanoise said:

arminds said: We are selling 2 used Servers

Could you tell us what PSU is provided with those servers?

As per the data center, please check all details here:
    https://www.supermicro.com/products/chassis/1U/813/SC813MTQ-350CB

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • What would colo cost be if it's possible to leave the servers at Lenoir?

• @willie, do you really need another dedi? Come to your senses before it's too late! :o

Thanked by 2vimalware netomx
  • Yura said: @willie, do you really need another dedi? Come to your senses before it's too late! :o

It would be 2 more ;). You're right though: @arminds, never mind the question, I'll check for myself since it's something I better not do right now so was more sensibly a future reference type of thing.

Yura, the idea would be to use them instead of the dedis I have now. I gotta figure out if 2 node Ceph makes any sense. And if I do move up to colo at some point, I'm really better off doing it closer to where I can touch the hardware, e.g. to upgrade the hard drives.

• YuraYura Member
    edited February 2017

@willie, I don't think it makes any practical sense to run 2 node CEPH, because if one node dies, you lose quorum. You need 3 nodes at least. Also, please consider what type of load your servers are gonna have. If it's latency sensitive you may be persuaded to colo them at the target location and just pay for remote hands if need arises. Backing up speed to your FFM storage server would play a minor role. YMMW

• Not latency sensitive at all. Batch computations and storage. That's why both my dedis right now are in EU where stuff is cheap ;). I'd like to bring them a bit closer to home though. Thanks for the info about the Ceph nodes and needing 3 makes sense. I don't know much about Ceph yet and am just starting to look into it. I have some Vultr credit to use up so was thinking of making a Ceph cluster from Vultr vps, not for real use but just to see what setting it up and running it is like.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited February 2017

@jarland said:

Can you link the thread where he scams hardware posing as colo? i'd like to read it lol

I read he used those machines in his "Igniteservers" hosting provider.

@Yura said:
    @willie, do you really need another dedi? Come to your senses before it's too late! :o

I pay $40 per 1U server.

If you just need to store them as they are, you will pay $25 per 1U server.