Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Google is shutting down Google Checkout
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Google is shutting down Google Checkout

debugdebug Member
edited May 2013 in General

http://googlecommerce.blogspot.com/2013/05/an-update-to-google-checkout-for.html

Thoughts? Reactions?

Also, as a tl;dr you have until November 20, 2013 to find a new payment processor.

Comments

• BrandonBrandon Member

The end was always near.

• alexalex Member

I've read somewhere that Wallet will allow for email payments, and it will be somewhat similar to Paypal. I say - why not, seems like an upgrade to me.

• FRCoreyFRCorey Member

Yeah but Wallet is more of a buy it now type service, not sure if it will support configurable products or not. They dont describe it very well. What I dont get is why screw with something that's making them money.

• DamianDamian Member

From our (provider's) perspective, not much will change. Just a different API:

=================

Is Google offering a replacement product?

No, Google is not offering a replacement processing solution for physical goods and services.

=================

I am an Google Play Apps or digital goods merchant. What does this mean for me?
    Sellers of digital goods on Google (Google Play, Chrome Web Store, Offers Marketplace and Google Wallet for digital goods) will automatically transition to Google Wallet and will not be impacted. Learn more »

If you are a user of the above products, but use the Google Checkout APIs for notifications or reporting, stay tuned. We will be announcing replacement APIs shortly and recommend you stop using the Checkout APIs as soon as possible.

Learn more about integration types, the best migration solution for your business and next steps on closing your Checkout account.

=================

Large pile of FAQ's here:

https://support.google.com/checkout/sell/answer/3080449?utm_source=wallet-checkout&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=checkoutsunset1&utm_term=may202013

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

If google checkout closed then how we can purchase a app from google play?

• PatrickPatrick Member

@DewlanceVPS said:

Using Google Wallet.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@DewlanceVPS said:

It's moving on to Google Wallet, no difference really.

• That sucks, it was a nice alternative to PayPal.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@MrAndroid said:
    That sucks, it was a nice alternative to PayPal.

Never was near to PayPal, process was good for physical products only and sucks for the rest - never supported service or domain name disputes.

• AsimAsim Member

I am a Google Wallet/Checkout user and its quiet disappointing news for me. Loved the service
    The best alternates can be Amazon Pay and/or Stripe in my opinion

• 24khost24khost Member

Waiting for the new api and an update for whmcs.

• vdnetvdnet Member

Nothing is changing really. Just switching everything from checkout to wallet which has been in progress for a long time. It is about time too because they were having problems supporting both, we had issues with checkout ever since they introduced wallet several years ago.