Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for yearly KVM, modest configuration, inexpensive, multiples
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for yearly KVM, modest configuration, inexpensive, multiples

pzeropzero Member
edited February 2017 in Requests

I'm looking for yearly KVM offers for the following build out:

• VZ type: KVM ONLY
  • Cores: 1 vCPU
  • RAM: 512MB
  • Storage: 10GB disk (ssd or hdd)
  • Bandwidth: 1TB data transfer
  • Port Speed: 1Gbps
  • Number of IPs: 1 IPv4 address
  • DDOS protection: No
  • Billing Period: yearly
  • Budget: =< $10/year/location, multiple locations per provider welcomed and encouraged
  • Other: pxeboot environment

Thanks!

Comments

• Vortextnode got something in US-eastcoast but about pxeboot I don't know but ask via chat

Arubacloud has 5 locations in EU I have seen PXE screen when trying to recover an VM contents

Contraweb,@nik and @ishaq got some thing in europe but pending Pxeboot thing verification

Ask @virmach if they can provide All US locations as a bundle so they can shed price off

Thanked by 1kjl24
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

We can help you out on this, if you send me a private mexact with the total number of services you require. Our 512MB plans come with 15GB disk normally but if we cut it down to 10GB we may be able to reach your budget.

• So I've lost a few hosts, notably cloudatcost and nodion -- it happens, so I'm bumping this thread looking for more. Bumping the budget to $12/year - on average I am a exceedingly low consumer and always pay on time yearly. Toronto and London are my immediate requests though I'll consider other locations as well -- thanks!

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

would you get multiple from the same location with different IP or one / location?

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

We have some KVM 512MB Plans with 10GB and 2 Core that can be modified to meet your budget. How many do you need? We can host in UK,DE and US.

let me know if you want us to help you out.

Thanked by 1pzero
  • @pzero said:
    So I've lost a few hosts, notably cloudatcost and nodion -- it happens, so I'm bumping this thread looking for more. Bumping the budget to $12/year - on average I am a exceedingly low consumer and always pay on time yearly. Toronto and London are my immediate requests though I'll consider other locations as well -- thanks!

What happened to nodion?

• Who knows, they simply stopped serving, site went down, etc.

• Well, fuck. I still have nearly 3 years credit with @Nik.

• Maybe you've better luck than I did. That machine was always going down.

• Why do you think it was left as credit?

• Huh. My VPS with them in DE is still going strong and I've had <1hr response/solution when I needed it a month ago.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@WSS said:
    Well, fuck. I still have nearly 3 years credit with @Nik.

My guess is @pzero was in one of the locations they emailed everyone about shutting down.

Although their management panel does appear to be down at the moment...

• The management panel has been down for a while... And I have no emails from them regarding the service dissolution. At any rate, it's cheap hosting, my expectations were low and this thread is about finding new hosts, not really a bash-fest on nodion. =D

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@pzero said:
    And I have no emails from them regarding the service dissolution. At any rate, it's cheap hosting, my expectations were low and this thread is about finding new hosts, not really a bash-fest on nodion. =D

Someone reposted it here: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/122963/nodion-closing-netherlands-location

Annoying that the panel is down though.

• niknik Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2017

@pzero said:
    The management panel has been down for a while... And I have no emails from them regarding the service dissolution. At any rate, it's cheap hosting, my expectations were low and this thread is about finding new hosts, not really a bash-fest on nodion. =D

Please provide me your email via PM. We havn't vanished at all!

All of our hypervisors are still running and thousand of VMs are online and going strong. We have shutdown our NL location and sent out emails (at least twice) to every customer that we will move their VM from NL to DE (this was btw not a financial but simply a strategic decision). We have moved everything to DE in the meantime and an additional email should have been sent with the new IP address, for VMs where it got changed.

If you provide me with your details via PM I can look into it.

I am not saying everything is perfect on our end (control panel..) but we havn't shutdown at all and have actually a bright future, also with offers the LET community will like as well.

@pzero said:
    Maybe you've better luck than I did. That machine was always going down.

Please provide me/us with more details about which machine was always going down?

Thanked by 2Aidan pzero
  • My London Nidion VM has been running fine.

• @nik, how do I respool/restart mine without the link for the $10 special sliding through?

• @nik I really wanted to reinstall my vm. (Ubuntu 16.04 was a bad idea on 256M ram. debian 9.1 template please)

• @nik make sure you do it in time for Black Friday :-)

• @nik, any movement on that server or my PM?

• These are the links I've been attempting to use:

https://cloud.nodion.com/auth/login - Not Found (despite being a link from www.nodion.com)
    https://cloud.nodion.com - Undergoing maintenance (for well over 6 weeks at this point)

• would recommend emailing support @ nodion - I got a helpful response from @nik yesterday through that channel.

Thanked by 2pzero nik
  • pzeropzero Member
    edited September 2017

@nik got my KVM straightened out and provided a good url to the console - would recommend again!

Thanks nik!

Thanked by 2nik uptime
  • pzeropzero Member

Just a quick bump - looking for KVM specs matching the above in Atlanta and Toronto, other areas welcome! The nodion london location just can't stay up.

• jagdjagd Member

@CloudxtnyHost said:
    We have some KVM 512MB Plans with 10GB and 2 Core that can be modified to meet your budget. How many do you need? We can host in UK,DE and US.

let me know if you want us to help you out.

The coventry VMs have been down for one week. When will the servers be up again?

• pzeropzero Member

@jagd said:
    The coventry VMs have been down for one week. When will the servers be up again?

No offense, but this is the wrong thread for that. Also, the post you're quoting is from 2017... thread revival!